ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo vs King: Who was better?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Re: Melo vs King: Who was better? 

Post#41 » by DickGrayson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:14 am

Yodi2007 wrote:King was a better player overall! Defense and leadership, 2 qualities Melo lacks!

From King's basic stats, you don't truly get a feel for his defensive shortcomings. Here are his career defensive numbers

Season Ag Tm G Min trDRtg
------+----+------+-------+--------+--------
1978 21 NJN 79 3092 107.3
1979 22 NJN 82 2859 105.6
1980 23 UTA 19 419 113.4
1981 24 GSW 81 2914 112.1
1982 25 GSW 79 2861 109.8
1983 26 NYK 68 2207 103.1
1984 27 NYK 77 2667 105.1
1985 28 NYK 55 2063 110.2
1987 30 NYK 6 214 114.5
1988 31 WSB 69 2044 109.5
1989 32 WSB 81 2559 110.7
1990 33 WSB 82 2687 111.8
1991 34 WSB 64 2401 110.7
1993 36 NJN 32 430 107.4

By any account, he wasn't very good at that end of the floor. With a career mark of 2.63 DWS/3K (average is 3.07), King's subpar defense has to be accounted for in any Hall of Fame discussion regarding the prolific scorer.

What leadership do you talk about here? King never had a long career with the Knicks and he took the Knicks far, their roster wasn't good yet and there were superior teams in the 80s. He was great against the Pistons in 84 in the first round, but we fell one game short to the Celtics. Other than that season, there isn't much of a resume of "Leadership".

I'm tired of people who have no idea what they're talking about desperately trying to take a shot at Melo for whatever reason it may be.

Bernard King was a great player and great Knick, but he was only a Knick for 4 seasons. In his 4th season, he only played 6 games. King played more games with the Bullets than the Knicks. It's always this sack of crap argument that matches up the old generation player with the new one, and you have some dude who never did his research picking the old gen player because it feels "right". Melo is going on his 5th season with the Knicks and has about 3-5 more left. He'll retire as one of the best to sport the Knicks jersey. Just like Melo, King's Knicks only won 44 games and 48 games, the next two seasons only won 26-28 games apiece.

Melo is better than King.

King didn't take 3pt shots, thus him having a higher FG% is evident. Especially in the 80s where there was only 2 teams that played defense the entire season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/lea ... _1985.html

Teams averaging 120 ppg and the best defense was 104 ppg.

But overall, in fact, scoring was much easier for most of the 1990s, including Jordan's heyday. (And it was even easier in the 1980s.) Not only was the game played faster, a clear sign that there was relatively little resistance as players went up and down the court and to the basket, but teams also scored a lot more per possession. For instance, in 1992-93, known for a rough-and-tumble series between the Knicks and the Bulls, scoring was at 108.0 points per 100 possessions. This year, it's down to 105.8, which is actually an increase from last season.

Think about that -- when the team had the ball in the 1990s, it scored more than it does now.

That's despite the following: Offensive strategy has evolved in the mathematically correct direction, which is to shoot more 3s and space the floor better. Of course, that's in part because players are more afraid to enter the lane -- watch a Clippers game for the number of times Chris Paul shies away from going to the rim because he knows he'll get hit. He has admitted as much, despite being one of the toughest, most physical point guards we've ever seen.

But defenses are so fast, physical and prepared that, even with much improved outside shooting in the game these days (the 3-point percentage across the league is 35.9, as opposed to 32.0 percent in Jordan's first championship season), scoring is down.

In the 1990s, teams shot a much higher percentage from the field than they do now, and a higher percentage on 2-point baskets. If players were getting banged on every play, why was it so much easier for the skinnier players of that decade to score? Why was it so much easier then to get to the bucket and score on 2-point shots? And, if they were better shooters then, why is 3-point shooting better now?

In fact, in some ways players were more protected by the refs then, when we look at the number of fouls called. In those days, basketball had the aural effect of Brazilian Carnival, with whistles constantly going off. Today, the average team earns fewer free throws per field goal attempt than in any season of the '80s or '90s. And overall, this season is on pace to set the new all-time NBA record for fewest free throws attempted.

Although some of that is related to offensive strategy today, keep in mind that offensive strategy is largely dictated by how the defense plays -- if players can't get to the basket, they will go less often. It's not as if today's athletes don't have the talent and athleticism to score at the rim. It's just that today's game doesn't permit as much of that.

And the notion that old-school refs were silent as stars got walloped is bogus. Through age 28, Jordan was granted more free throws than LeBron per game, even though LeBron plays more minutes. If James is indeed playing in a softer era and getting all the calls, it's not resulting in more freebies from the stripe. As Gibson and Van Gundy said, the treatment LeBron got Wednesday night was just ordinary stuff -- and not all of it was whistled.

When it comes to LeBron specifically, one of the complaints about him is that he bullies his way to the basket -- that he is too physical. And he's not the only one: Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are among the many perimeter players known for their punishing style. It's hard to square that with the claim that the game is less physical.

Furthermore, one way that the game is more physical now is because of the new rules allowing zone defense, which means more bigs are waiting to stop (or wallop) LeBron and anyone else who wants to go to the basket. In the '80s and '90s, Jordan didn't have to play against zones and zone-style defense, because that kind of defense was illegal. Sure, he absorbed some hard fouls here and there, but he also got to the basket all the time without getting hit -- enough that several highlight videos of his exploits were released before he even made the Finals.

Of course, Jordan's era had legalized handchecking, which was certainly a deterrent for would-be drivers. Handchecking was a significant physical tactic, one that helped a defense. And it's one of the ways that the '90s were more physical than the game today. But handchecking didn't do more to thwart offensive players than legalized zone (which includes the similar tactic of bigs coming out hard to bump and stop ball-handlers). We know that because the aforementioned numbers say so.

What does the film say?

This is where someone suggests that the heightened physical play is obvious if you merely watch those old games. I would respond that you indeed should go back and watch.

What you'll find in those '90s "slugfests" might shock you. Yep, there are some hard fouls (just as there are today). But defensive communication is often weak; screens are dealt with poorly; and double-teams result in wide-open shots.

For an example, witness Penny Hardaway knifing through the Bulls for 38 points in the 1996 Eastern Conference finals. Skinny Penny does it with undeniable skill, but he also gets to the rim with ridiculous ease. Keep in mind, these are the 72-win Bulls we're talking about, the greatest team to ever play -- the team with the No. 1 defense in the league that season. Just imagine how easy it was to score on the Celtics that year as they were giving up 107.0 points per game, or the Vancouver Grizzlies, with Big Country Reeves manning the middle. Weakside defense was, indeed, weak.

These people are harping back to when they were 8-12 years old and easily influenced. Blinded by nostalgia. At the age, most of these fans didn't even understand what was going on the court, they just were entertained by the play.

an inflated FG% isn't something that makes player A better than player B.

skill set wise, Melo edges King. Melo has more range, more moves offensively.
Isolation, Melo is a 6"8 240lbs SF/PF who can face or post up against the best in the NBA. King was 6"7 and 205lbs.

Teams in the 80s were averaging 110-120ppg on 48-50% shooting. Lakers shot 55% as a team in 1985. That was the norm. Defense got tougher with the Bad Boys and then with Chicago and the Knicks of the early 90s. But, in general defense in the NBA in the 1980s wasn't as tough as it later became. The whole King > Melo because of FG% is a joke. Calling Melo "inefficient" is comedy and a disrespect to anyone who calls himself a NBA fan.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#42 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Can't say for sure B King would not have added a 3 point shot had he played in a different era. I wouldn't hold that against him too much.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#43 » by Sark » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm

greenhughes wrote:
Sark wrote:
knicks85 wrote:commonly held consensus...

Melo is not best scorer of his generation, by a country mile.

Durant, Kobe, and Lebron are all ahead of him, and it's not really close.

Melo is a diverse scorer, but he is definitely not the best.

This is funny.

Melo is a better scorer period. Durant is the only question. Prime Kobe was equal. Lebron's offense is no where near Melo's.

Lebron: 27.5 career PPG
Melo: 25.2 career PPG

Lebron: 49.7 career FG%
Melo: 45.5 career FG%

Lebron: 34.2 career 3pt%
Melo: 34.4 career 3pt%

Lebron: 58.1 career TS%
Melo: 54.7 career TS%

Lebron: 2 seasons scoring 30+ PPG
Melo: 0 seasons scoring 30+ PPG

By every discernible measure, Lebron has scored more and more efficiently than Melo. How exactly can Melo be a better scorer? Or are you letting your bias get in the way of actual facts?
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,574

Post#44 » by Buttah304 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Sark...I also agree with greenie, and my reason is outside of the actual "statistics" when saying Melo has a better "arsenal" offensively then Lebron.

For example this is what I think Lebron lacks:

1.) He has no post game - none...occasionally he will make a tough turnaround shot but it does not look natural for him with his back to the basket AT ALL - Melo shines in this area

2.) Lebron does not really have a Jab-Step jumper - it's OKAY at best - and while not the most efficient shot, it really isn't something he goes to often - this is $ for Melo

3.) I don't think he is as good a 3 point shooter as Melo (although this year Melo is around 33% = not very good)

4.) Lastly, isolation wise - I think Melo is better at getting a "quality look" - I know with his tenure on the Knicks at times its been a long 2 for Melo - but I think that has ALWAYS been more of the fact that Woodson (especially) would give him the ball at the top of the key with 5 seconds left to operate

This is just my 2 cents
Sark
RealGM

Post#45 » by Sark » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Sark...I also agree with greenie, and my reason is outside of the actual "statistics" when saying Melo has a better "arsenal" offensively then Lebron.

For example this is what I think Lebron lacks:

1.) He has no post game - none...occasionally he will make a tough turnaround shot but it does not look natural for him with his back to the basket AT ALL - Melo shines in this area

2.) Lebron does not really have a Jab-Step jumper - it's OKAY at best - and while not the most efficient shot, it really isn't something he goes to often - this is $ for Melo

3.) I don't think he is as good a 3 point shooter as Melo (although this year Melo is around 33% = not very good)

4.) Lastly, isolation wise - I think Melo is better at getting a "quality look" - I know with his tenure on the Knicks at times its been a long 2 for Melo - but I think that has ALWAYS been more of the fact that Woodson (especially) would give him the ball at the top of the key with 5 seconds left to operate

This is just my 2 cents

I've already said that Melo has a diverse arsenal of moves, but how does that make him "better", when production wise Lebron has superior stats? How many points is style worth in an NBA game? I've never see a player score a bucket then get a point added because it looked pretty.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#46 » by Greenie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:00 am

Sark wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
Sark wrote:

This is funny.

Melo is a better scorer period. Durant is the only question. Prime Kobe was equal. Lebron's offense is no where near Melo's.

By every discernible measure, Lebron has scored more and more efficiently than Melo. How exactly can Melo be a better scorer? Or are you letting your bias get in the way of actual facts?

Let me make this clear for you so you understand me. I. DON'T. CARE. ABOUT. YOUR. STATS.
Melo scores in more ways than simply bullying his way to the fuqing basket leaving defenders in his wake. That's an ability that will never be sustainable once athletic ability declines.
Moving on...
Greenie
RealGM

Post#47 » by Greenie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:01 am

DickGrayson wrote:
Yodi2007 wrote:King was a better player overall! Defense and leadership, 2 qualities Melo lacks!

From King's basic stats, you don't truly get a feel for his defensive shortcomings. Here are his career defensive numbers

1980 23 UTA 19 419 113.4
1987 30 NYK 6 214 114.5
1993 36 NJN 32 430 107.4

By any account, he wasn't very good at that end of the floor. With a career mark of 2.63 DWS/3K (average is 3.07), King's subpar defense has to be accounted for in any Hall of Fame discussion regarding the prolific scorer.

What leadership do you talk about here? King never had a long career with the Knicks and he took the Knicks far, their roster wasn't good yet and there were superior teams in the 80s. He was great against the Pistons in 84 in the first round, but we fell one game short to the Celtics. Other than that season, there isn't much of a resume of "Leadership".

I'm tired of people who have no idea what they're talking about desperately trying to take a shot at Melo for whatever reason it may be.

Bernard King was a great player and great Knick, but he was only a Knick for 4 seasons. In his 4th season, he only played 6 games. King played more games with the Bullets than the Knicks. It's always this sack of crap argument that matches up the old generation player with the new one, and you have some dude who never did his research picking the old gen player because it feels "right". Melo is going on his 5th season with the Knicks and has about 3-5 more left. He'll retire as one of the best to sport the Knicks jersey. Just like Melo, King's Knicks only won 44 games and 48 games, the next two seasons only won 26-28 games apiece.

King didn't take 3pt shots, thus him having a higher FG% is evident. Especially in the 80s where there was only 2 teams that played defense the entire season.

But overall, in fact, scoring was much easier for most of the 1990s, including Jordan's heyday. (And it was even easier in the 1980s.) Not only was the game played faster, a clear sign that there was relatively little resistance as players went up and down the court and to the basket, but teams also scored a lot more per possession. For instance, in 1992-93, known for a rough-and-tumble series between the Knicks and the Bulls, scoring was at 108.0 points per 100 possessions. This year, it's down to 105.8, which is actually an increase from last season.

Think about that -- when the team had the ball in the 1990s, it scored more than it does now.

That's despite the following: Offensive strategy has evolved in the mathematically correct direction, which is to shoot more 3s and space the floor better. Of course, that's in part because players are more afraid to enter the lane -- watch a Clippers game for the number of times Chris Paul shies away from going to the rim because he knows he'll get hit. He has admitted as much, despite being one of the toughest, most physical point guards we've ever seen.

But defenses are so fast, physical and prepared that, even with much improved outside shooting in the game these days (the 3-point percentage across the league is 35.9, as opposed to 32.0 percent in Jordan's first championship season), scoring is down.

In the 1990s, teams shot a much higher percentage from the field than they do now, and a higher percentage on 2-point baskets. If players were getting banged on every play, why was it so much easier for the skinnier players of that decade to score? Why was it so much easier then to get to the bucket and score on 2-point shots? And, if they were better shooters then, why is 3-point shooting better now?

In fact, in some ways players were more protected by the refs then, when we look at the number of fouls called. In those days, basketball had the aural effect of Brazilian Carnival, with whistles constantly going off. Today, the average team earns fewer free throws per field goal attempt than in any season of the '80s or '90s. And overall, this season is on pace to set the new all-time NBA record for fewest free throws attempted.

Although some of that is related to offensive strategy today, keep in mind that offensive strategy is largely dictated by how the defense plays -- if players can't get to the basket, they will go less often. It's not as if today's athletes don't have the talent and athleticism to score at the rim. It's just that today's game doesn't permit as much of that.

And the notion that old-school refs were silent as stars got walloped is bogus. Through age 28, Jordan was granted more free throws than LeBron per game, even though LeBron plays more minutes. If James is indeed playing in a softer era and getting all the calls, it's not resulting in more freebies from the stripe. As Gibson and Van Gundy said, the treatment LeBron got Wednesday night was just ordinary stuff -- and not all of it was whistled.

When it comes to LeBron specifically, one of the complaints about him is that he bullies his way to the basket -- that he is too physical. And he's not the only one: Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are among the many perimeter players known for their punishing style. It's hard to square that with the claim that the game is less physical.

Furthermore, one way that the game is more physical now is because of the new rules allowing zone defense, which means more bigs are waiting to stop (or wallop) LeBron and anyone else who wants to go to the basket. In the '80s and '90s, Jordan didn't have to play against zones and zone-style defense, because that kind of defense was illegal. Sure, he absorbed some hard fouls here and there, but he also got to the basket all the time without getting hit -- enough that several highlight videos of his exploits were released before he even made the Finals.

Of course, Jordan's era had legalized handchecking, which was certainly a deterrent for would-be drivers. Handchecking was a significant physical tactic, one that helped a defense. And it's one of the ways that the '90s were more physical than the game today. But handchecking didn't do more to thwart offensive players than legalized zone (which includes the similar tactic of bigs coming out hard to bump and stop ball-handlers). We know that because the aforementioned numbers say so.

What does the film say?

This is where someone suggests that the heightened physical play is obvious if you merely watch those old games. I would respond that you indeed should go back and watch.

What you'll find in those '90s "slugfests" might shock you. Yep, there are some hard fouls (just as there are today). But defensive communication is often weak; screens are dealt with poorly; and double-teams result in wide-open shots.

For an example, witness Penny Hardaway knifing through the Bulls for 38 points in the 1996 Eastern Conference finals. Skinny Penny does it with undeniable skill, but he also gets to the rim with ridiculous ease. Keep in mind, these are the 72-win Bulls we're talking about, the greatest team to ever play -- the team with the No. 1 defense in the league that season. Just imagine how easy it was to score on the Celtics that year as they were giving up 107.0 points per game, or the Vancouver Grizzlies, with Big Country Reeves manning the middle. Weakside defense was, indeed, weak.

These people are harping back to when they were 8-12 years old and easily influenced. Blinded by nostalgia. At the age, most of these fans didn't even understand what was going on the court, they just were entertained by the play.

Isolation, Melo is a 6"8 240lbs SF/PF who can face or post up against the best in the NBA. King was 6"7 and 205lbs.

Teams in the 80s were averaging 110-120ppg on 48-50% shooting. Lakers shot 55% as a team in 1985. That was the norm. Defense got tougher with the Bad Boys and then with Chicago and the Knicks of the early 90s. But, in general defense in the NBA in the 1980s wasn't as tough as it later became. The whole King > Melo because of FG% is a joke. Calling Melo "inefficient" is comedy and a disrespect to anyone who calls himself a NBA fan.

I think I just fell in love :droop:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#48 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 am

Sark wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
Sark wrote:

This is funny.

Lebron is a more efficient scorer. Was Shaq a better scorer than Ewing?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
Greenie
RealGM

Post#49 » by Greenie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:28 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sark wrote:
greenhughes wrote:This is funny.

Wasn't Shaq just a bully too? Different position though. I remember Shaq eating dudes alive. It was hilarious.
It's why Kobe was mad.

LeBron ain't Shaq

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#50 » by E-Balla » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:43 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sark wrote:

Way better. Shaq is the best scoring bigman ever he was unstoppable.
Sark
RealGM

Post#51 » by Sark » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:00 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sark wrote:

Of course he was. Is the homerism on this forum THIS bad?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Post#52 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 am

DickGrayson wrote:

The reason why teams shot higher percentages and scored more points is because the players were better shooters and more sound fundamentally. Think of all the great SFs playing back then that Bernard had to defend. Bird, Erving, Wilkins, Alex English, Keith Wilkes, Mark Aguirre, Adrian Dantley, Junior Bridgeman, Marques Johnson. Players like Calvin Natt, Larry Drew, Eddie Johnson and Bernard's brother, Albert, were also no slouches at SF and could put up at least 20 points on most nights. Also, hand-checking was allowed back then. It was outlawed in '94 or '95, way before Melo came into the league. So Melo never had to deal with that. Also, there are seven more teams (30 vs. 23) today than in '83-84, so the talent pool is slightly more diluted.

Were you alive in 1984? You've never even watched any of these guys play back then, have you?

Bernard's game also fits in much better on a team that, um, passes the ball. Bernard was a slightly better passer than Melo is and he made quicker and decisive moves when he got the ball. He didn't hold onto it and jab-step 5 times and then dribble between his legs 5 times, while his teammates stood around, before hoisting up a fall-away jumper. You're analysis about the shooting %s is a mess as well. Bernard would still shoot a much higher FG% than Melo today because he was able to get his shots close to the basket. His post moves were far superior to Melo.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,914

Post#53 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:35 am

greenhughes wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

1980 23 UTA 19 419 113.4
1987 30 NYK 6 214 114.5
1993 36 NJN 32 430 107.4

What does the film say?

I think you just fell in love with Mitch
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Post#54 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:41 am

GONYK wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

I think you just fell in love with Mitch

A match made in heaven.
Free Palestine
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#55 » by duetta » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

I would have responded to this question differently before last season - but Anthony really impressed me last season (in spite of my persistent trade-related personal animosity towards the guy). He really did try to carry the team on his back, as did Bernard in his final semi-full season in NY.

The thing that I most remember about Bernard's years in New York (which came when I was 29-30...) was his focus and intensity. He came out with that game face every game, and almost never smiled on the court. His level of intensity was extraordinary. He quickly became everyone's basketball hero - and once injured, he refused to even consider coming back until he had physically rehabbed to the point where he could again bring that level of focus and intensity.

Bernard didn't have a three point shot, but he rarely took many bad shots. And during his seasons in New York, he was constantly doubled and triple-teamed, and nonetheless came up big. If only he had the requisite talent around him - especially after Hubie had Maurice Lucas (a player that he had clashed with in the ABA) dealt for a forgettable Truck Robinson, it wasn't to be. That the Knicks got as far as the 7th game versus a far superior Celtics team (Bird, McHale, Parrish, etc.) was all Bernard.

Comparing King and Anthony at this point is largely pointless - and I just hope Anthony doesn't end up going down with a knee injury like Bernard did in a completely meaningless season.
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#56 » by GardenFaith » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am

At first I thought this was a melo vs "king" James thread lol

I would say King was better as back then there was no hand checking fouls and the D was a lot rougher
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#57 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Sark wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sark wrote:

Of course he was. Is the homerism on this forum THIS bad?

Its not about homerism. Its an analogy based on styles. Ewing like Melo could score on you in a variety of ways but were less efficient than Shaq nd Lebron who basically overpower and run through you. It depends how you want to look at things, but scoring with finesse takes more skill and should be appreciated IMHO.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#58 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 pm

greenhughes wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sark wrote:

Wasn't Shaq just a bully too? Different position though. I remember Shaq eating dudes alive. It was hilarious.
It's why Kobe was mad.

LeBron ain't Shaq

Not about positions. Stay with me. Its styles. Lebron is a physical freak no one in nba can match up with just like shaq was.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#59 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:27 pm

By the way just to be clear, scoring with finesse and efficiency is the holy grail for a scorer. Think Kareem, Olajuwon, Bird, Durant, Jordan
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Sark
RealGM

Post#60 » by Sark » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:14 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:By the way just to be clear, scoring with finesse and efficiency is the holy grail for a scorer. Think Kareem, Olajuwon, Bird, Durant, Jordan

You trying to tell me Olajuwon is a better scorer than Wilt because he had more finesse? That's ludicrous.

The winner of the game is the team that scored MORE points, not who scored in a more diverse way or with more finesse. That is all that matters. Get the ball in the hoop. Get buckets. No matter how it looks.

Return to New York Knicks