ImageImageImageImageImage

Wes Matthews

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,881

Re: Wes Matthews 

Post#61 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:33 am

Meat wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Meat wrote:you're making my point for me, Jackson and his 5 mil cap hold allows us to not only upgrade the point (he is a massive upgrade over calderon) but allows to get a player that matters like asik or milsap. as opposed to someone like Rolo(do you mean rondo) or dragic who'd we'd have to sign outright and would eat up almost 1\2 our cap room. the money he gets paid would be irreleveant since only his cap hold would count against the cap till we sign free agents.

this is all assuming we're able to trade for him\dump calderon

He only has a 5M cap hold if he is a RFA (like Novak/Lin). If we sign him to a Lin-deal OKC will match him no questions asked with the current cap shaping out so that makes it all moot

and no, I meant RoLo in that context.. Robin as opposed to Batman Lopez.

no they wont match him
1) he's stated publicly he wants to start
2) the ownership has made it a point to state they arent a tax paying team
3) if they sign him to a big contract they'll be a luxury tax team(see 2)

@ 5M he is not though... Perk exp compensates...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#62 » by Meat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:02 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Meat wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
He only has a 5M cap hold if he is a RFA (like Novak/Lin). If we sign him to a Lin-deal OKC will match him no questions asked with the current cap shaping out so that makes it all moot

and no, I meant RoLo in that context.. Robin as opposed to Batman Lopez.

no they wont match him
1) he's stated publicly he wants to start
2) the ownership has made it a point to state they arent a tax paying team
3) if they sign him to a big contract they'll be a luxury tax team(see 2)

@ 5M he is not though... Perk exp compensates...

like i said he's only worth if we're able to trade for him, which it seems they're keen on doing since they traded for his replacement(waiters)
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#63 » by MeloTime » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:29 am

PHX want Goodwin as part of their future....That means Dragic is a goner.

You get Dragic & Matthews both at 4/48 and your back court is dominant.
Stoosh
Junior
And1: 190

Post#64 » by Stoosh » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:23 am

MeloTime wrote:PHX want Goodwin as part of their future....That means Dragic is a goner.

You get Dragic & Matthews both at 4/48 and your back court is dominant.

Yeah Dragic is out in PHX. They also have Isiah Thomas and Bledsoe.

I've been watching Matthews this season, he is a bit of a volume shooter and has some JR Smith tendencies but he makes up for it by being an excellent defender.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#65 » by Adelheid » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Dont overpay....players tend to be more complacent when they become satisfied with their contracts, leading to less aggression and effort.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#66 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Adelheid wrote:Dont overpay....players tend to be more complacent when they become satisfied with their contracts, leading to less aggression and effort.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,216

Post#67 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:51 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Adelheid wrote:Dont overpay....players tend to be more complacent when they become satisfied with their contracts, leading to less aggression and effort.

F*CK ISIAH

F*CK ISIAH

F*CK ISIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#68 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 am

Wes has got a sweet deal in POR. He's going to get paid and will be on a winning team as long as Lillard is healthy. I think we have zero shot at him unless you're throwing something riduclous like 16+ at him, which would be a horrible move.

The only sexy FA name that seems likely is Dragic. Max him out, and I'd go after both Gerald and Danny Green. Shooters & a floor general Is a good place to start attacking our woes. Especially when we draft Okafur or Towns. Also look at a RoLo or Koufus whoever is cheaper.

Dragic / Danny Green / Melo / Towns or Okafur / Koufus or RoLo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#69 » by DowNY » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:29 am

dakomish23 wrote:Wes has got a sweet deal in POR. He's going to get paid and will be on a winning team as long as Lillard is healthy. I think we have zero shot at him unless you're throwing something riduclous like 16+ at him, which would be a horrible move.

The only sexy FA name that seems likely is Dragic. Max him out, and I'd go after both Gerald and Danny Green. Shooters & a floor general Is a good place to start attacking our woes. Especially when we draft Okafur or Towns. Also look at a RoLo or Koufus whoever is cheaper.

I'm starting to like Mudiay & D'Angelo Russell over Towns. So the draft will dictate our direction.
If we don't have 1st pick to choose Okafor then I say target them over signing a player who's almost 30 in Dragic.
A playmaking PG like Mudiay or D'Angelo (especially him & his sharpshooting) with a deadeye SG like Danny Green would work really well in the triangle with Melo.

Bigs like Hibbert, Monroe, Josh Smith, DeAndre & Asik seems set to test the open market, so we'll have options in that department.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#70 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:27 am

DowNY wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Wes has got a sweet deal in POR. He's going to get paid and will be on a winning team as long as Lillard is healthy. I think we have zero shot at him unless you're throwing something riduclous like 16+ at him, which would be a horrible move.

I'm starting to like Mudiay & D'Angelo Russell over Towns. So the draft will dictate our direction.
If we don't have 1st pick to choose Okafor then I say target them over signing a player who's almost 30 in Dragic.
A playmaking PG like Mudiay or D'Angelo (especially him & his sharpshooting) with a deadeye SG like Danny Green would work really well in the triangle with Melo.

Bigs like Hibbert, Monroe, Josh Smith, DeAndre & Asik seems set to test the open market, so we'll have options in that department.

I'd be ecstatic with Mudiaye if that's how it shakes out. I'm dying to finally address the point guard spot with someone who will win that matchup a lot of nights. Even if we get Mudiaye or Russell, I'd still go after Dragic or another big name at guard. It's a perimeter league. We need to solidify this backcourt.

Towns is really impressive defensively. Dude is a shot blocking machine and has shown some real possibilities offensively. Basically a top 3 pick gives us a definitive future starter and possible star IMO. All starts May 19th with the lottery drawing like you said.

A lot of options for PJax this summer. Trading Calderon will only open up more possibilities.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks