ImageImageImageImageImage

GT 7PM: Tank Commander Jason Smiths Knicks @ Covingtons career night w/ Sixers

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Re: Re: GT 7PM: Tank Commander Jason Smiths Knicks @ Covingtons career night w/ Sixers 

Post#281 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:08 am

Red Vines wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:That is not JSmith

didn't smith halfway kill Blake Griffin before?
and then apologized profusely

:lol: i forgot about that
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Re: GT 7PM: Tank Commander Jason Smiths Knicks @ Covingtons career night w/ Sixers 

Post#282 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:09 am

We ain't drafting anyone of worth if we keep winning these games.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Re: GT 7PM: Tank Commander Jason Smiths Knicks @ Covingtons career night w/ Sixers 

Post#283 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:09 am

See right there he has Jose Ole open for another 3.
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#284 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:09 am

JBreezeNY wrote:
Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:Sell out? No
Good attendance? Yes

If up until now, this has been a litmus test to how Knicks fans would react to rebuilding (I mean we do have an amazing tank record despite our minor setbacks both last game and this one) then I believe that upper management could do/would do ok, if we were to trade Melo for some assets.

Call me crazy, I know. I'm not the biggest Melo fan, although I've warmed up to him a lot more than I did the year he first came here, and I did want him to re-sign... I think we could really cement our/Phil's plan in bringing "his guys" if he were to let the expirings expire, and trade Melo for a couple of picks, and young fodder.

Yes I am getting a little sauced on a Wednesday night. But... if he were to wait till the trade deadline to do so, would Phil not have squeezed out the most he could out of Melo's popularity (to Dolan's delight) while acquiring the best possible chance at a top pick, and a clear route to completely rebuilding?

Start blasting me... now.

The thing with fully rebuilding though is it's such a long process and during the process it's just so frustrating because it's gonna be a lot of garbage to watch until the whole team plays like a collective unit.

Me personally I don't think I can sit here and watch it.

That would be too many years off my health to watch a bunch of youngins learn how to play NBA ball.

That's why I always say be careful what you wish for, Knicks fans scream all the time for a rebuild but when it actually happens they'll be begging for it to end. I'm happy with our elite yet very flawed scorer & I hope we keep building around him until he's officially a role player.

Yeah, but the conundrum is two fold if we keep him. 1- as most have been saying, his age/contract kind of puts us in a position to hustle and try and make something out of nothing. Kind of like what we have been doing for the past, oh I don't know... dozen, or so years? 2- what happens if we commit to the wrong players? Do we wait till they end up expiring, which kind of puts us in a similar place?

Honestly, if they see a way to do it, then I'm all for it, but we definitely need to see marked improvement. I mean, night and day from what we are currently watching. I know, I know... I'm not saying we should be contending for the chip by trade deadline next season, but I mean that rook we get better be amazing, and that cat we snagged for a bit under max better also be playing his ass off... If not, aren't we spinning our wheels till the next name/system takes charge?

Melo's value will probably never increase much over the duration of his contract, and with his increases, his value wIill shrink. I think I am not speaking out of my ass in saying this. As much as the Melo riders ride, I'm positive we all know he's got flaws, and with the layout of his career, we all can pretty much sum up that if he is going to get somewhere, he will need a pretty special player.

So... being where we are right now, would it not be a good call to field offers for him? See what's out there?

I think I would... or at least start stirring some rumors into the NBA rumor pot, just to see what's out there.

What do we have to lose?

More games? lol
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#285 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:We ain't drafting anyone of worth if we keep winning these games.

we don't want to finish DEAD last. 2nd to last is ok
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#286 » by duetta » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 am

Philly is sitting Noel and we're playing Anthony 40 minutes tonight.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#287 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 am

JBreezeNY wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:Galloway playing like a bum & so is fat Melo.

We really might just have to draft Towns just for his intensity because fat Melo likes to slack too much.

:D :D :D :D :D

But in all serious Okafor would probably take Melo's tendency to slack as a way to just get buckets for himself.

Whether that's good for his development is up in the air.

Yeah unfortunately we could probably use both of them.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#288 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 am

=(
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#289 » by Juggynaut » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 am

God dam it, we suck at tanking.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#290 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 am

Melo at some point you're going to have to consider putting these bad boys on.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,628

Post#291 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:We ain't drafting anyone of worth if we keep winning these games.

we still have the worst record in the league and we beat two terrible teams with a ton of guys hurt.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#292 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 am

This has been the best tank battle sine desert storm. Only the best will lose.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,322

Post#293 » by offense » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 am

mpharris36 wrote:

we still have the worst record in the league and we beat two terrible teams with a ton of guys hurt.

there is not much spacing though. who knows when pek and rubio come back for wolves and philly will be the worst for sure at the end.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#294 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 am

duetta wrote:Philly is sitting Noel and we're playing Anthony 40 minutes tonight.

Just for a couple more games..
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#295 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 am

Nice tank move by Jose.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#296 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:14 am

ibraheim718 wrote:This Tim Hardaway dude.. I never liked his effing dad either.

YAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#297 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:15 am

Ok folks... Lets try and see who has the better tank moves now. I hope to see some blatant BS plays/turnovers, etc.

It's TANKTIME!
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#298 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:15 am

mpharris36 wrote:

Yeah no time to trip.. just take a look at the schedule.. we still have a 5 game west coast trip and copious amount of games against good teams.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#299 » by Apples » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:16 am

The strategy should be to sit Melo against bad teams. Play him against good teams. That way his impact is limited.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#300 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:17 am

23 shots is too much.. 15-18 is ideal.

Return to New York Knicks