ImageImageImageImageImage

Okafor and the triangle.....

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,418
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Okafor and the triangle..... 

Post#61 » by E-Balla » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:18 pm

j4remi wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:I just want to say you can make an argument for Towns being a good fit in the triangle albeit in a different area of the floor also.

The consolation prizes are pretty damned good all around. If you don't get Okafor but end up with Towns or Russell or Mudiay or Turner; you still have a really exciting prospect to work with. Okafor though is pretty much a perfect fit, it feels like destiny which is why I don't think it will happen. The basketball gods don't do us favors.

Turner? Nah bro Johnson is 5th. He's too good to pass at 5.

This draft is full of guys that can be molded to play the triangle.

Jahlil is a quick thinking and passing post option (he misses too many passes but again he'll improve right now I'm just impressed with his quick thinking) and he can play that Shaq/Bynum role.

Towns can be molded into a Pau Gasol type player since he already has a basic jumper (not accurate at all yet) and can pass. He just needs a post game.

Russell is a tall, cerebral shooting PG who has a decent turnaround jumper. With some size (let's say he gets to 190) he will be able to post some guys up and he will be the perfect triangle guard.

Mudiay is a giant strong PG that can easily develop a post game with the tools he has.

Kevon Looney looks like Lamar Odom without a good jumper in terms of his skillset but he can easily develop a J.

Stanley Johnson has a great midrange game, size (6-8, 6-11 wingspan, 245 lbs), and he is a pretty heady passer. Nothing special as a passer but nothing bad either.

I can see all of these guys thriving if they are smart enough to learn the system, play within themselves, and grow.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,336

Re: Okafor and the triangle..... 

Post#62 » by rajajackal » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

for me, it's either okafor or russell

Return to New York Knicks