ImageImageImageImageImage

High priority free agent--Alexis Anjica

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

yb90
Senior
And1: 206

Re: High priority free agent--Alexis Anjica 

Post#61 » by yb90 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:56 pm

moocow007 wrote:
yb90 wrote:He should be had for cheaper and should definitely be on the radar because of his possible boom potential. The knicks need bench depth plus they need cheap players that have breakout potential to overplay their salary cost.

He is a 4/5 that rebounds and scores efficiently. Give him $1-2M over 3 yrs partially guaranteed and see what he can do. The cool thing is that they can probably get both Koufus and Ajinca for $5-6.5m total.

$1-2 million per over 3 is fine. But not the original $4 year $18 milliom-ish contract Briggs is talking about. Not unless Ajinca can prove he can play starter minutes. Not for this team who have 4 other starting positions to worry about filling (3 if we count Calderon as a lock).

Part of my still think he can be had for a little over the min. or exception type money(not MLE) but another part think he might get that $4.5m a yr which is not that bad actually. My thinking was because he was awkward and couldn't play starters minutes he was not going to get bigger money. Then I think about a guy like Brandan Wright and he got offered $5m yr in the past and will command more than that this year. Wright has some things going for him but he doesn't have the size or rebounding skills of Ajinca. Plus, Wright's offensive game is not as diverse as Alexis. So why wouldn't a team spend half the money of what it would take to get Wright on Ajinca when he has so much boom potential.

I still hope he is undervalued around the league as a Knicks fan though and hope he is a Phil target.

Also, his player tracking defensive numbers looks okay. The more I look at his game stat wise the more I am surprised.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#62 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:19 pm

riter wrote:
riter wrote:
TheBigBoss wrote:Alexis did look good in his last game:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasglnKsxKI[/youtube]

Is his jumper consistent? He might be a good fit next to Okafor if we draft him assuming he can hit that jumper consistently.

He played the same way against Dallas . But listen to the commentators---just like in the Dallas game --they're not laughing--they're just as shocked ---the things this guy is doing both offensively, defensively, and intellectually on the court just doesn't compute.

I personally don't know what to think. if Phil is interested--then that's all I need to know.

High IQ
excellent footwork
elite touch
composed
If what I'm seeing is real---he would be our best big off the bench.

that motherf**** looks like Ewing when he takes the turnaround baseline jumper---It made me stop mid-bite while I was eating my sub during the Dallas game----and I just saw it again in the above highlights---
that's a F**** go to move y'all.

He looks pretty good. I mean it is hard to say because I am sure you can get Cole Alderich's best game and make him look like Vanilla Shaq.

The thing is: if WE can see he is good, that means so can other teams. Trust no team is getting him on a discount. He will be paid his worth because centers are such a commodity.

Having said that that, it would be really cool if we did sign him which would mean some realGMers have a real GM eye.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,757

Post#63 » by KingDavid » Wed Mar 4, 2015 1:31 am

TheBigBoss wrote:Alexis did look good in his last game:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasglnKsxKI[/youtube]

Is his jumper consistent? He might be a good fit next to Okafor if we draft him assuming he can hit that jumper consistently.

All but two of his baskets were on Birdman. Birdman is a career night for any opposing starting big at this stage of his career. But I think he had another nice game after that.

He's a good high pick and roll big...but aren't you guys running the triangle??
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to New York Knicks