ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: D Cousins?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Bobbyydee
Banned User
And1: 27

Re: OT: D Cousins? 

Post#141 » by Bobbyydee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

DickGrayson wrote:I'm not trading the pick unless it's for a top 5 NBA player.

Oh I forgot about the msg shareholders :D If the knicks are lucky to get Okafor the team will be hella relevant in the next 10 years :lol: Dolans Dad wil be smiling in his grave, his nephews and nieces and sons and daughters will be happy :D also if knicks trade the the pick and he turns out to be a major star you all know Dolan and phil can live with themselves. Phils legacy will be totally destroyed :D my 2 cents
Bobbyydee
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#142 » by Bobbyydee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 pm

IF you still think the knicks trade the pick for Boogie we can bet some real dollars and may the best man win. The mods will keep the money(thousands) till the winner is determined
je2340
Senior
And1: 4

Post#143 » by je2340 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 pm

I don't know how I feel about drafting Duke big men. Brand, Laetner and Boozer were decent NBA players but none of them game changing pieces. I am a fan of Cousins and think he will make a different.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Post#144 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Okafor is very slow footed on defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a good rebounder in the pros as well. He won't come close to Cousins.
Free Palestine
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#145 » by Moose » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

je2340 wrote:I don't know how I feel about drafting Duke big men. Brand, Laetner and Boozer were decent NBA players but none of them game changing pieces. I am a fan of Cousins and think he will make a different.

I don't see how you can hate on Brand here. And despite Boozer's flaws, he far exceeded expectations. I'm pretty sure most thought he would be a complete bust.
Moose
Analyst

Post#146 » by Moose » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Okafor is very slow footed on defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a good rebounder in the pros as well. He won't come close to Cousins.

One is 15 million, the other is 5 million. One allows us to sign 2 other very good players, the other does not. Now, if you mean to tell me we can trade Okafor for Cousins after we make all of our main free agent signings, then perhaps that is something we should consider.

But again, you have to worry about Cousins with the NY media.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#147 » by DowNY » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Moose wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Okafor is very slow footed on defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a good rebounder in the pros as well. He won't come close to Cousins.

One is 15 million, the other is 5 million. One allows us to sign 2 other very good players, the other does not. Now, if you mean to tell me we can trade Okafor for Cousins after we make all of our main free agent signings, then perhaps that is something we should consider.

2 other very good players like who? Which 2 players are equal to DeMarcus talent level that is available?

Also, I would think the Knicks can pawn of Calderon if a trade like this was possible. Meaning it would still be a max slot available this offseason.

Then once the cap goes up, that's another max spot damn near.

Melo
Cousins
Max player
Max player or very good

All in a short time.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#148 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Moose wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya. But getting a dominating center who plays defense, passes and scores like Cousins has proven on the NBA level doesn't happen too often. Plus, if we are in a win now mode with Melo, then that's even more reason to get Cousins. The cap will rise in 16, so we'll have no problem putting together the necessary pieces by then.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#149 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Moose wrote:
je2340 wrote:I don't know how I feel about drafting Duke big men. Brand, Laetner and Boozer were decent NBA players but none of them game changing pieces. I am a fan of Cousins and think he will make a different.

I don't see how you can hate on Brand here. And despite Boozer's flaws, he far exceeded expectations. I'm pretty sure most thought he would be a complete bust.

word. somebody is showing age or ignorance. brand's first like 9 years he was one of the best bigs in the league, no question.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#150 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Moose wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya. But getting a dominating center who plays defense, passes and scores like Cousins has proven on the NBA level doesn't happen too often. Plus, if we are in a win now mode with Melo, then that's even more reason to get Cousins. The cap will rise in 16, so we'll have no problem putting together the necessary pieces by then.

And he's still only 24 we'd have at least 6 years of Prime Boogie. It's a no brainer IMO.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#151 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:35 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Moose wrote:

gonna have to agree that boogie would not be the craziest risk, especially when we don't know what we'd be getting out of the pick. that's risk-reward. imagine cousins thriving in his prime in new york. that would be game-changing.

of course, the other side of this is getting a potential cheap star and using the cousins money on another star... and another one the following year... if you're lucky to attract them. i wouldn't be angry at either direction, to be honest.

hard to look off the bird in the hand.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Moose
Analyst

Post#152 » by Moose » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm

DowNY wrote:
Moose wrote:

2 other very good players like who? Which 2 players are equal to DeMarcus talent level that is available?

Also, I would think the Knicks can pawn of Calderon if a trade like this was possible. Meaning it would still be a max slot available this offseason.

Then once the cap goes up, that's another max spot damn near.

Melo
Cousins
Max player
Max player or very good

All in a short time.

What I am saying is, you could use the cap space to sign other pieces and then make that trade for Boogie after. Cousins makes 15 million. You can add on top of, instead of filling the cap space with him. It is a timing situation.

Say, Calderon, Okafor for Boogie.

And again, you have to be concerned with his mentality and NY media clashing.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#153 » by Meat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Moose wrote:

one the best player in then nba at his position 4 years from his "prime" one is a college kid that cant defend future d\china\euro league players
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#154 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 pm

:lol: I saw the 3 and 1's on your post and no lie I guessed each one right. :lol: He's slow footed.. :lol:
Moose
Analyst

Post#155 » by Moose » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Meat wrote:
Moose wrote:

one the best player in then nba at his position 4 years from his "prime" one is a college kid that cant defend future d\china\euro league players

And you can still make the trade after you use your cap space on other players...

...that's the point I'm making.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#156 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:37 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

:lol: I saw the 3 and 1's on your post and no lie I guessed each one right. :lol: He's slow footed.. :lol:

Hey, don't be knocking the guys on Team Wingo. I'm honored to have such veteran and renowned posters like JBreeze, Mex and Doc on my squad.

Who you got?
Free Palestine
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#157 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Hey, don't be knocking the guys on Team Wingo. I'm honored to have such veteran and renowned posters like JBreeze, Mex and Doc on my squad.

Who you got?

Man you should know by now I roll dolo...

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#158 » by Sark » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:14 pm

He might not be as good a rebounder as Cousins, but he will be a much better and more efficient scorer than Cousins. He also will probably be a better passer than Cousins as well.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#159 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 am

Sark wrote:

He might not be as good a rebounder as Cousins, but he will be a much better and more efficient scorer than Cousins. He also will probably be a better passer than Cousins as well.

How do you know that about Okafor? Cousins has already done it here.
Free Palestine
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#160 » by Sark » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:

How do you know that about Okafor? Cousins has already done it here.

Scared of the unknown huh? Understandable. There is a chance he can be worse, but there is also a chance he can be vastly better.

We know what Cousins is. A highly skilled yet inefficient post player, with a very questionable mental state. He's really good, but not great. I think Okafor can be great.

Return to New York Knicks