ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Opinions on Bry's website please.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,115

Re: OT - Opinions on Bry's website please. 

Post#21 » by E86 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 9:46 pm

No offense but has anyone told you your stage name is corny? And don't take this the wrong way but your website and your music don't have an identity. You look like a backpack type rapper but your lyrical content is emulating more radio staleness. Unless you find yourself you're going to get picked on like Tom Hanks son.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man
And1: 665

Post#22 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 11:22 pm

E86 wrote:No offense but has anyone told you your stage name is corny? And don't take this the wrong way but your website and your music don't have an identity. You look like a backpack type rapper but your lyrical content is emulating more radio staleness. Unless you find yourself you're going to get picked on like Tom Hanks son.

Wait a minute Tom Hanks son raps

Also I would throw out there he needs to learn how to flow with the beat while he is rapping
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#23 » by Ugalde » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:47 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:Hey guys if anyone can give it one last check and let me know what you think of it at the moment.

Also if anyone can watch the video at the bottom and give me feedback on my stage presence.

You should have a video of you performing one of your own songs not some karaoke night bull

Agreed. My show is in 5 days so after that I will for sure. The Karaoke is just something fun to have on there for the moment.
politics
to many 3s
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by Ugalde » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:53 pm

E86 wrote:No offense but has anyone told you your stage name is corny? And don't take this the wrong way but your website and your music don't have an identity. You look like a backpack type rapper but your lyrical content is emulating more radio staleness. Unless you find yourself you're going to get picked on like Tom Hanks son.

Thanks for the input man.

As for the stage name, never changing. Most stage names are corny if you really think about it, and I absolutely love mine.

And yes the identity thing is something I am really working on for my next project. I 100% agree and I finally got it. My lyrics/song direction is going to be much better on my next project.

This was really a thrown together project. I guess I look at all this as learning and practice for my next project, which is definitely going to take it up a few notches.

I remember always feeling like I was missing something when I was making songs. Now I got it. I am discovering who I am as a person more and finding great ways to implement it in to my music.

If you have the time check this out.

This is my intro song off my next album. It gives you a little idea of what I will be going for. It doesn't paint the whole picture just yet. But it'll give you a glimpse in to what I will be doing.
https://soundcloud.com/official-bry/top ... s-beat-m4a
politics
to many 3s
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#25 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:25 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:Don't quit your day job

I'm here all day

:lol:
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:36 pm

I would put a video of you rapping to a crowd with everyone having a good time. Mainly show you from different angles, but make sure there is plenty of crowd too. Put something up there with some movement.

Need some color bad on that website. Also, what you are are wearing does not look or say rapper to me. You have to as you said find your identity and then put that into your website, in your music and your look. Have some fun with it. I guess you were going for a professional look but the vibe is too somber now.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by Ugalde » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:40 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:I would put a video of you rapping to a crowd with everyone having a good time. Mainly show you from different angles, but make sure there is plenty of crowd too. Put something up there with some movement.

Need some color bad on that website. Also, what you are are wearing does not look or say rapper to me. You have to as you said find your identity and then put that into your website, in your music and your look. Have some fun with it. I guess you were going for a professional look but the vibe is too somber now.

Thanks for the input man. I do appreciate it. Definitely gotta work on my image now.
politics
to many 3s
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Mar 9, 2015 9:08 pm

Ugalde wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:I would put a video of you rapping to a crowd with everyone having a good time. Mainly show you from different angles, but make sure there is plenty of crowd too. Put something up there with some movement.

Thanks for the input man. I do appreciate it. Definitely gotta work on my image now.

You are in the marketing business, it's yourself that's on sale.

Poke around Amazon and find some books on sales/marketing/branding. Highly recommended:
Dan Kennedy
Jay Abraham
Chet Holmes

Then find some music industry specific ones. Learn from the people that have been there and know what it takes. It's nice to get peer feedback but unless someone has marketing experience, preferably market specific, it's worth what you paid for it. The general ones I mentioned have all been through the wars and have built many successful businesses. Seek out information on guerrilla marketing, it's grass roots type stuff.
E86
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by E86 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:25 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Also I would throw out there he needs to learn how to flow with the beat while he is rapping

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gmpREs-pVU[/youtube]
E86
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by E86 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:44 pm

Ugalde wrote:

As for the stage name, never changing. Most stage names are corny if you really think about it, and I absolutely love mine.

And yes the identity thing is something I am really working on for my next project. I 100% agree and I finally got it. My lyrics/song direction is going to be much better on my next project.

This was really a thrown together project. I guess I look at all this as learning and practice for my next project, which is definitely going to take it up a few notches.

I remember always feeling like I was missing something when I was making songs. Now I got it. I am discovering who I am as a person more and finding great ways to implement it in to my music.

This is my intro song off my next album. It gives you a little idea of what I will be going for. It doesn't paint the whole picture just yet. But it'll give you a glimpse in to what I will be doing.

The problem is the entire empire thing is too ostentatious for the level you're at. You can believe in yourself and maintain that attitude, but you don't even have an album and you're calling yourself Emperor Bry. Clout is earned in the hip hop world and you're trying to establish it without even knowing how to assemble a song yet. Typically in a successful rappers evolution they go from rapping about how hard they are to how great they are. You can't circumvent what you know for a persona that you don't or no one will give a **** about your music.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:54 pm

E86 wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gmpREs-pVU[/youtube]

Better then bry hahahahah
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by Ugalde » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Ugalde wrote:

You are in the marketing business, it's yourself that's on sale.

Poke around Amazon and find some books on sales/marketing/branding. Highly recommended:
Dan Kennedy
Jay Abraham
Chet Holmes

Then find some music industry specific ones. Learn from the people that have been there and know what it takes. It's nice to get peer feedback but unless someone has marketing experience, preferably market specific, it's worth what you paid for it. The general ones I mentioned have all been through the wars and have built many successful businesses. Seek out information on guerrilla marketing, it's grass roots type stuff.

Thanks man I appreciate your time. I definitely have some learning to do. I actually fell I have learned a lot I just haven't gotten it in a position to be executed yet. I will definitely keep researching though. To me this is all fun. From making the music to trying to get it out there.
politics
to many 3s
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by Ugalde » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:37 pm

E86 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:

The problem is the entire empire thing is too ostentatious for the level you're at. You can believe in yourself and maintain that attitude, but you don't even have an album and you're calling yourself Emperor Bry. Clout is earned in the hip hop world and you're trying to establish it without even knowing how to assemble a song yet. Typically in a successful rappers evolution they go from rapping about how hard they are to how great they are. You can't circumvent what you know for a persona that you don't or no one will give a **** about your music.

I do get that. I am going to make it make sense soon though trust me.
As a great man once said
"You gotta think like a champ, live like a champ, to be a champ."
-Cus D Amato

I believe we all should think like were great that way we can be great.

I will start portraying that more soon.
politics
to many 3s
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by Ugalde » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:38 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Thanks man.

EDIT:
Hey man, I get you really don't like my music, which is fine, you're the first person to tell me I suck. I've had negative feedback before but not to the extent your bringing it, and I am totally fine with it.

I was wondering though if I could take up a couple more minutes of your time to listen to a song off my next album?
I really believe I am much better than I once was and would love your input on it. I really feel my next project is going to be 10x the project this last one was and would love to see if you agree that I've gotten better or not.
Thanks man.
politics
to many 3s
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Ugalde wrote:
E86 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:Thanks for the input man.

I do get that. I am going to make it make sense soon though trust me.
As a great man once said
"You gotta think like a champ, live like a champ, to be a champ."
-Cus D Amato

I believe we all should think like were great that way we can be great.

I will start portraying that more soon.

Here's a book that can help you define yourself promotion wise. The author did something with Dan Kennedy called Fascination Marketing but that was four years ago and this is her latest work. I just ordered it from Amazon myself.

How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination
Author: Sally Hogshead

This is step by step type stuff with an online personality test included that shows you how others see you, tells you what you do best and how to promote yourself using your greatest attributes. Maybe you SHOULD be Emperor Bry right now. If that is what people see when they hear and see you then don't wait to give it to them you'll only be hurting yourself. You just want it to be congruent with who you really are and not try to fit a square peg into a round hole because people will pick up on it. Be authentic.

You already know how you see the world.
But do you know how the world sees you?
How is your personality most likely to impress and influence the person sitting on the other side of the desk or boardroom?

Once you know what makes you valuable to others, you're more authentic and confident, and more able to make a positive impression. It all begins with understanding how the world sees you—at your best. How the World Sees You gives you the step-by-step method to describe yourself in just two or three words. This short phrase is your Anthem, the tagline for your personality. Your Anthem guides you like a mission statement, helping you to build your team, write a LinkedIn profile, or captivate an audience.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:11 am

Ugalde wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Thanks man.

EDIT:
Hey man, I get you really don't like my music, which is fine, you're the first person to tell me I suck. I've had negative feedback before but not to the extent your bringing it, and I am totally fine with it.

I was wondering though if I could take up a couple more minutes of your time to listen to a song off my next album?
I really believe I am much better than I once was and would love your input on it. I really feel my next project is going to be 10x the project this last one was and would love to see if you agree that I've gotten better or not.
Thanks man.

I wouldn't say you suck you are capable to put songs together but you don't bring much to the table everything is generic

The entertainment business isn't easy to get into
You need to bring something different to distance yourself everyone else

You need to master your craft especially being white at least you look white in your picture it's even harder to break through
Ugalde
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by Ugalde » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:15 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Thanks man.

EDIT:

Thanks man.

I wouldn't say you suck you are capable to put songs together but you don't bring much to the table everything is generic

The entertainment business isn't easy to get into
You need to bring something different to distance yourself everyone else

You need to master your craft especially being white at least you look white in your picture it's even harder to break through

Thanks for the real input man. Yea I think we all agree I need an image. My next tape will certainly be building one. I think I know what I want to portray and display in my music.

Also just had my first opening for Joell Ortiz. I will be making a thread for that as soon as I get all the pics and videos from that night.

It was great.

Thanks for giving real input. I know it's fun to clown on people on the internet but I definitely need real opinions to help me at this point.
politics
to many 3s
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#38 » by riter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 pm

You need to get off these sites...and start asking successful music/marketing people what they think.
It really has little to do with your music...don't you listen to the radio?

What do you think people on this site would've told Justin Bieber?
I would of told him he had more of a chance of getting F**** by Snoop Dog pretending he was Selena Gomez instead of the way it really happened.

Return to New York Knicks