ImageImageImageImageImage

Prospect: Alexey Shved

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Prospect: Alexey Shved 

Post#1 » by Workforce250 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 pm

If Phil Jackson, but more directly Derek Fisher, can develop his game, Alexey (Alex) Shved can be our next gem.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: Prospect: Alexey Shved 

Post#2 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:38 pm

sure.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#3 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Did u seriously put Shved and prospect in the same sentence? Lock this sh*t up.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#4 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:57 pm

vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#5 » by vallen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm

k..
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#6 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 pm

This place is so damn predictable. What's next? Wait let me guess someone is going to bump the Reggie Jackson thread just because he had a bad game yesterday.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#7 » by CoolKids » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#8 » by Pharmcat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#9 » by Fat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,897

Post#10 » by DaGawd » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:42 pm

He's 26. This dude is what he is by now
BaF
Washington Wizards
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#11 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:59 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Did u seriously put Shved and prospect in the same sentence? Lock this sh*t up.

I dont see why not. I think the OP used the word gem but why SHOULDNT one want to develop a player on a rookie contract who has skills that fit the triangle. Hes tall, can handle the ball and shoot. He looked good in Minny two years ago and then bounced around. I think the problem with knick fans is theyll never find a gem that hasnt already blossomed on another team because we never have the patience to watch it develop. Its why we all hate Hardaway, hated Shumpert, and have traded youth away for years.

This team will never find a Draymond Green. We wouldve given up on him after his rookie year. We wouldve never let Harrison Barnes struggle for the year he did in Golden State. On the other hand we also overhype our rookies who do do well. I cringe when this happens because theres never a middle ground. Shumpert was the next Pippen until he sucked but never occupied any space in between. We cant love or hate everybody. Some guys are just midtier guys on a roster. And guess what? Sometimes you have to develop just that.

So lets just remember that this season is lost and we might as well just sit back and use it to take the craziest chances, develop players who we dont know will be here anyway and maybe the guy you thought would be a star fails and the guy you laughed at as a prospect earns your respect.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:00 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Did u seriously put Shved and prospect in the same sentence? Lock this sh*t up.

I dont see why not. I think the OP used the word gem but why SHOULDNT one want to develop a player on a rookie contract who has skills that fit the triangle. Hes tall, can handle the ball and shoot. He looked good in Minny two years ago and then bounced around. I think the problem with knick fans is theyll never find a gem that hasnt already blossomed on another team because we never have the patience to watch it develop. Its why we all hate Hardaway, hated Shumpert, and have traded youth away for years.

This team will never find a Draymond Green. We wouldve given up on him after his rookie year. We wouldve never let Harrison Barnes struggle for the year he did in Golden State. On the other hand we also overhype our rookies who do do well. I cringe when this happens because theres never a middle ground. Shumpert was the next Pippen until he sucked but never occupied any space in between. We cant love or hate everybody. Some guys are just midtier guys on a roster. And guess what? Sometimes you have to develop just that.

So lets just remember that this season is lost and we might as well just sit back and use it to take the craziest chances, develop players who we dont know will be here anyway and maybe the guy you thought would be a star fails and the guy you laughed at as a prospect earns your respect.

Brandon Wright
Gerald Green
Corey Brewer

All were hardly nba players up until 26. Most of us would want then on our team today. None of them are gonna carry a franchise.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,619

Post#13 » by Lord Commander » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:04 pm

This kid sucks. Plain and simple. I'm surprised he's in the league.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#14 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:

I'm being realistic man. If we had a dude like Kentavious Caldwell-Pope on our roster then I'm with u. Having any kind of hope for a player like Shved seems very delusional...I think the OP is trolling.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#15 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:11 pm

I know shved showed something 2 years ago in Minny. There's no problem in giving him a look to see how he plays down the stretch.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Well being realistic is fine but you know what the real reality is right? That we're a lottery team with nothing to lose at this point. The other reality, and look at those three names, is this league seems to have someone blossoming every five minutes who a year ago was a nobody.

Again, Sved showed some skills back in Minny. You dont just lose skill. At least not that young. Its in there. He needs alittle confidence and a system that raises strengths and hides flaws. And hes gotta work hard. I can make a ton of arguments, but I can never overcome laziness and I dont know him well enough to tell you what his work ethic is.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,126

Post#17 » by moocow007 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Anyone have the clip of that "layup" he attempted? The one where it went about 10 feet . aboveand over the backboard? Anyone who hasn't already checked that play on nba. com? If not you got to watch it. The commentary was hilarious.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,990

Post#18 » by NYKinMIA » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Shved will be a boss in NY.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#19 » by camillepd » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Id like to see more of him before I form an opinion about his game.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#20 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Fixed.

NYKinMIA wrote:Shved will be a tank boss in NY.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan

Return to New York Knicks