ImageImageImageImageImage

Prospect: Alexey Shved

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Re: Prospect: Alexey Shved 

Post#281 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Shved get hurt?

Rib contusion. :banghead:
:beer: RIP mags
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#282 » by earthmansurfer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Shved get hurt?

Rib contusion. :banghead:

Best for him to get some rest, he was affecting the tank. We know what he can do.
I want to see him play more for sure, but let's give some minutes to the new guy now.
Similar story...
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#283 » by duetta » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:19 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Listen...I know facts can be elusive around here at times... But you said he is a liability on most nights. FACTUALLY incorrect. So stay on point. What part of you making a completely false statement is so hard to understand or accept? He is already more than a fringe player on the worst team in the NBA. Do you comprehend your own thoughts before posting them?

Schved needs to spend his off-season improving his shooting. Last night was an aberration. Most nights he's a liability from mid and long range.

Dude, this is what I said. I SAID THAT MOST NIGHTS HE A LIABILITY FROM MID AND LONG RANGE. Now prove that what I said is wrong, BASED ON HIS ACTUAL NBA CAREER NUMBERS. I don't care what he did in Europe, inasmuch as his NBA numbers are much more recent and thus more relevant - given that they are based on real life NBA competition.

And having played on 4 different teams in less than three seasons, and three different teams this season, it is absolutely fair to categorize him as a fringe player - a throw-in in a deal for a 35 year old point guard.

Shved is good going to the basket but needs to dramatically upgrade his shooting. I don't care how he does it, but if he wants not to be a throw-in at the next NBA trade deadline, he'll have to upgrade his shooting prowess in the off-season.

The NBA is a league of numbers, beginning with wins and losses, and proceeding from there. His numbers IN THE NBA, except when penetrating to the basket, suck.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#284 » by BadNewsBarnes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 am

With all due respect, the NBA game today is devoid of a mid range game. Don't even know why folks still talk about it....
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#285 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:36 pm

duetta wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Listen...I know facts can be elusive around here at times... But you said he is a liability on most nights. FACTUALLY incorrect. So stay on point. What part of you making a completely false statement is so hard to understand or accept? He is already more than a fringe player on the worst team in the NBA. Do you comprehend your own thoughts before posting them?

Schved needs to spend his off-season improving his shooting. Last night was an aberration. Most nights he's a liability from mid and long range.

Dude, this is what I said. I SAID THAT MOST NIGHTS HE A LIABILITY FROM MID AND LONG RANGE. Now prove that what I said is wrong, BASED ON HIS ACTUAL NBA CAREER NUMBERS. I don't care what he did in Europe, inasmuch as his NBA numbers are much more recent and thus more relevant - given that they are based on real life NBA competition.

And having played on 4 different teams in less than three seasons, and three different teams this season, it is absolutely fair to categorize him as a fringe player - a throw-in in a deal for a 35 year old point guard.

Shved is good going to the basket but needs to dramatically upgrade his shooting. I don't care how he does it, but if he wan9ts not to be a throw-in at the next NBA trade deadline, he'll have to upgrade his shooting prowess in the off-season.

The NBA is a league of numbers, beginning with wins and losses, and proceeding from there. His numbers IN THE NBA, except when penetrating to the basket, suck.

Oh...so stats from 2 years ago when he played limited minutes are more relevant to what he is doing here? You were watching him play in MIN? Doubtful at best. He has been anything but a liability here and anyone with open eyes can see that. STATS NEVER tell the whole story to begin with. Watching him play, he is the exact opostie of everything you are saying. Tossing out his ACTUAL career numbers to make your own case is amusing as well.

Nice spin move...but you lifted your pivot foot.
:beer: RIP mags
And100
Banned User
And1: 779

Post#286 » by And100 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Nice spin move...but you lifted your pivot foot.

Oh no you didn't....

Return to New York Knicks