ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil critiques Fish's demeanor towards refs; Fish responds (ouch)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,048

Re: Phil critiques Fish's demeanor towards refs; Fish responds (ouch) 

Post#41 » by Capn'O » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 am

NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:Well Fish just got his 8th tech tied for 2nd in the league.

Hi PJ!

You know - 45 years with the league, 25+ since he started coaching and you'd think dudes would know who Phil Mother **** Jackson is but these motherfckers act like they forgot about Dre.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
rayofsunshine
Sixth Man
And1: 460

Post#42 » by rayofsunshine » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:25 am

I learned to never question what Phil says to the press about people he knows, he truly is the zen master in this area. We may not truly understand why he says what he says about someone, but he knows what he is doing. I stopped questioning him after kwame brown was out injured with a hamstring, the doctors gave a timeline for when kwame could return and when he didn't return Phil, told the media kwame was a pussy and that he meows whenever he sees kwame now. They said he also laughed and pointed at kwame's fur coat when he called him a pussy. I felt so bad for kwame, I was pissed. But, I learned to shut up after kwame came back the next game and played two games like he was Hakeem Olajuwon. No ****, I've never seen kwame play like that before or since. I learned to trust Phil.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,162

Post#43 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 am

Phil won't be here in 10 years (well...hopefully he will but he's getting old). If all goes right in Knicksland, Fisher will. This shows me that Fisher is not a Yes-man. Fisher should learn from Phil but we didn't bring him in here to be a Phil clone. He's not, and he won't ever be, and if he tries, he's a fool. Good for Fisher.
stopstandthere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Post#44 » by stopstandthere » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm

In Phil We Trust. Period.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,127

Post#45 » by Tron Carter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:13 pm

rayofsunshine wrote:I learned to never question what Phil says to the press about people he knows, he truly is the zen master in this area. We may not truly understand why he says what he says about someone, but he knows what he is doing. I stopped questioning him after kwame brown was out injured with a hamstring, the doctors gave a timeline for when kwame could return and when he didn't return Phil, told the media kwame was a pussy and that he meows whenever he sees kwame now. They said he also laughed and pointed at kwame's fur coat when he called him a pussy. I felt so bad for kwame, I was pissed. But, I learned to shut up after kwame came back the next game and played two games like he was Hakeem Olajuwon. No ****, I've never seen kwame play like that before or since. I learned to trust Phil.

:lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#46 » by CoolKids » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:03 am

Pharmcat wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:how many times are you guys gonna get hoodwinked by this NY Post BS?

first off Jackson is right, Fish needs to get more in the ear of the refs. look at Doc Rivers.
Secondly Jackson always says cheeky stuff to the press. Are we gonna bash Pop for that too? He's even worse.
Thirdly stop taking the bait from the Post, come on people!!!

doc rivers is a terrible coach (great motivator), and hes a terrible GM (bledsoe for a bag of golf balls), so not the right comparator to use

the Spurs GM does not call pop out in the media

The GM criticizing the coach in media is bad: aside from the distraction it creates, its also let potential FAs know how the GM middles and criticizes people to the media
having phil jackson increases the chances of FA signing here ten fold regardless of anything he says to the media.

Return to New York Knicks