ImageImageImageImageImage

Fake fans

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,942

Re: Fake fans 

Post#41 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:49 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:There you go. Call people out so that when they respond you can take pot shots. And you guys are the "real fans"? Btw, the last place you'd find real fans is a social board.This is a clique and, as evident by the above quote, an honest exchange of ideas is never the goal right?

Dude, wtf??? My comment explicitly said that you've been around for the down period so the comment likely wasn't directed at you.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#42 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:52 pm

greenhughes wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Heh? You've been on the board?

greenhughes wrote:Hit dogs... :lol:

There you go. Call people out so that when they respond you can take pot shots. And you guys are the "real fans"? Btw, the last place you'd find real fans is a social board.This is a clique and, as evident by the above quote, an honest exchange of ideas is never the goal right?

I'm sorry :kiss

Forgive me? :pray:

What's in it for me?
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#43 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Capn'O wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:There you go. Call people out so that when they respond you can take pot shots. And you guys are the "real fans"? Btw, the last place you'd find real fans is a social board.This is a clique and, as evident by the above quote, an honest exchange of ideas is never the goal right?

Dude, wtf??? My comment explicitly said that you've been around for the down period so the comment likely wasn't directed at you.

My fault Capn'O. The "?" at the end of your second sentence ( "Heh? You've been on the board?" ) appeared sarcastic. I apologize to you for the misunderstanding. I'm on edge cause my Knicks suck and I get defensive here when people start questioning fandom. Sometimes I misinterpret and if you and greenhughes or jnicks94 were wrongly targeted than I admit I am the fool.

Buttah304
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,961

Post#44 » by knicks94 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:58 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Fair enough. Now how do you identify and shame the group in your original argument when plenty on this board would place me in that group despite going through 3 plus decades of dedication to ONLY this team? That's what makes this whole "real fan/fake fan" nonsense unbearable. Who is to decide what a real fan is?

First of all, the group wouldn't consist of people who followed and were dedicated to the team throughout its struggling years. I believe that there are certain standards that should be determined regarding who a real or fake fan is. I don't know on what basis did people consider you part of the latter category.

Look, if you aren't apart of the mainstream group-think, a board like this might be considered unbearable. So it's probably best that if you don't approve of the moves this season or the direction of this season ("this season" being the keyword) you should stay away from this board. Similarly, for the same reasons, it might be best to stay away from watching the team to avoid utter misery in ones life, with their jobs, spouses or otherwise. Why are you mandating misery as a prerequisite to enjoy the good times?

I've never followed the Knicks because of the opinions of others. Just because the majority of people might believe something to be smart, true or the right thing to believe in doesn't make it so. I don't come to this forum so that everyone can agree with me, infact I don't even post here so that one person could agree with me. I've been a Knicks fan almost twenty years before I heard of Real Gm and will continue to support this team after my time here expires. If someone thinks I am not a real fan because they share a different opinion from me, I am not a person to take it serious to the extent that I allow it to affect the more important things in life. No one has the right to influence you to stop watching Knicks games unless that person pays for you to watch their games.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#45 » by BKAY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:02 pm

If youve somehow made it to realgm, one way or another, you are most likely more in tune with the Knicks than 99% of the people I encounter in my day to day. Cant really blame people for checking out this season but **** ya have to know at least Galloway. Although they probably spent a few hours out there and edited it down to a 3 minute piece.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,942

Post#46 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:06 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

My fault Capn'O. The "?" at the end of your second sentence ( "Heh? You've been on the board?" ) appeared sarcastic. I apologize to you for the misunderstanding. I'm on edge cause my Knicks suck and I get defensive here when people start questioning fandom. Sometimes I misinterpret and if you and greenhughes or jnicks94 were wrongly targeted than I admit I am the fool.

Well, I usually am being sarcastic so understood. But not in this case. You've been around.

Mostly, I'm just **** around. It's understandable that a lot of folks are going to be less engaged since the team sucks but keep an eye on it. I see a series of very positive upcoming moves on the way so I've been more chipper than usual. Darkest before the dawn. But not everyone sees the same thing from it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#47 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:06 pm

knicks94 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
First of all, the group wouldn't consist of people who followed and were dedicated to the team throughout its struggling years. I believe that there are certain standards that should be determined regarding who a real or fake fan is. I don't know on what basis did people consider you part of the latter category.

Look, if you aren't apart of the mainstream group-think, a board like this might be considered unbearable. So it's probably best that if you don't approve of the moves this season or the direction of this season ("this season" being the keyword) you should stay away from this board. Similarly, for the same reasons, it might be best to stay away from watching the team to avoid utter misery in ones life, with their jobs, spouses or otherwise. Why are you mandating misery as a prerequisite to enjoy the good times?

I never followed the Knicks because of the opinions of others. Just because the majority of people might believe something to be smart, true or the right thing to believe in doesn't make it so. I don't come to this forum so that everyone can agree with me, infact I don't even post here so that one person could agree with me. I've been a Knicks fan almost twenty years before I heard of Real Gm and will continue to support this team after my time here expires. If someone thinks I am not a real fan because they share a different opinion from me, I am not a person to take it serious to the extent that I allow it to affect the more important things in life. No one has the right to influence you to stop watching Knicks games unless that person pays for you to watch their games.

Agreed. Similarly, if your life is in turmoil when the Knicks have a 15 win season and you choose not to follow that season, you should be permitted to without retribution. We need to stop worrying about who is fulfilling our sense of what it is to be a fan and just continue being a fan.

Buttah304
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#48 » by BKAY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Ive definitley checked out this season. Its just depressing to follow them night in and night out. I enjoy player development and I like the Galloway project. Same for Shved and Cole at times. Almundson making a name for himself is cool too. But I think next year will be the more enjoyable 'player development season'. Right now, its try outs for our future role players. Shved, Gallo, Cole, Lu, Thomas, Early, Larkin meh, Hardaway meh. are all decent players but future role players, no doubt. Next year we'll at least get to see how we handle a player who we view as a franchise piece as well as some FA signings. Next year will be better. This year is what it is. Phil basically told us that the team would suck with his player evaluation piece last off season. and Im down for the suck right now. At least we suck with a purpose as opposed to the pre-Stat days. Excited for the off season thats for sure. Even if we are still a few years away, which I think we are.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#49 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:19 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
greenhughes wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

There you go. Call people out so that when they respond you can take pot shots. And you guys are the "real fans"? Btw, the last place you'd find real fans is a social board.This is a clique and, as evident by the above quote, an honest exchange of ideas is never the goal right?

I'm sorry :kiss

Forgive me? :pray:

What's in it for me?

I gave you one of these :kiss
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#50 » by kingquan316 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:21 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

I never followed the Knicks because of the opinions of others. Just because the majority of people might believe something to be smart, true or the right thing to believe in doesn't make it so. I don't come to this forum so that everyone can agree with me, infact I don't even post here so that one person could agree with me. I've been a Knicks fan almost twenty years before I heard of Real Gm and will continue to support this team after my time here expires. If someone thinks I am not a real fan because they share a different opinion from me, I am not a person to take it serious to the extent that I allow it to affect the more important things in life. No one has the right to influence you to stop watching Knicks games unless that person pays for you to watch their games.

Agreed. Similarly, if your life is in turmoil when the Knicks have a 15 win season and you choose not to follow that season, you should be permitted to without retribution. We need to stop worrying about who is fulfilling our sense of what it is to be a fan and just continue being a fan.

Did u recognized those players in the video??? :D
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,961

Post#51 » by knicks94 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:24 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

I think it is easy to discern whether you're a die hard fan of a team or not, regardless of how much you watch them. If one of the reasons why you don't bother watching the Knicks is that you can't stomach watching a team you love lose on a consistent basis, but still follow them from a distance, I don't think that neccessarily makes you a pretend Knicks fan, due to the fact that you're still passionate about them.

What I would call a fake fan is someone who rooted for the Miami Heat from 2010 until last year and now is rooting for the Cavaliers. To me, that person is not serious enough to show allegiance to any one team and just roots for whichever team is contending or whatever player impresses them.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by kingquan316 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Bandwagoners=Douches
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,360

Post#53 » by Guano » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:30 pm

This thread looks like people swimming in sh*t making fun of people not swimming in sh*t.

Are we making fun of someone for not knowing who the f Travis Wear is? Cause I'm embarrassed that I know who he is.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,937

Post#54 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

bums like these are the reason dolan has never been able to be held accountable.

he can fill MSG with lamebrains no matter how bad the knicks are. going to a game and pretending to be hardcore fans are just things to do.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by kingquan316 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

The guy that guessed Amare from a pic of Galloway is a fake fan. If u don't even know what Stat looks like then GTFO here. He doesn't even have the same number as Gallo.

All of them look like fake fans. Especially when they are going to the damn game. How can u not even know any of these players, and still go to the game. I get ur point, but those fans irritate me because they act like they are hardcore fans by the way they talk, and the knick gear they rock, but god damn they look like fools in that video.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by kingquan316 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Guano wrote:This thread looks like people swimming in sh*t making fun of people not swimming in sh*t.

Are we making fun of someone for not knowing who the f Travis Wear is? Cause I'm embarrassed that I know who he is.

I hate them cause they talk like they are hardcore fans with the way they talk, and all the Knick gear. Then they don't know **** about any of the players.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#57 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:54 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I questioning it.... :lol:

:naaa:
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,416
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#58 » by E-Balla » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Guano wrote:This thread looks like people swimming in sh*t making fun of people not swimming in sh*t.

:lol: Nah but you can't act like a die hard fan and think Langston Galloway is Amare. I get if you don't know the whole team (I usually stream games low quality on my laptop so for the longest I couldn't tell you what Lance Thomas looked like I just knew his number) but you should be able to point out someone other than Melo if you are a diehard fan. When someone asks if you are a fan and you really aren't (like me and the Yankees... I don't like Baseball and I don't watch at all outside of the summer when the NBA season ends, the start of the NFL season, and the playoffs) you should say something like "Yeah but I don't follow the team like that." You'll never see me wearing anything Yankees but a fitted.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#59 » by waya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:07 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:editing is everything

Yep, you can do this outside any team's stadium until you find a couple of knuckleheads and posers.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#60 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Bunch of those people in the video are a bunch of Fu*k boys anyway. Shout out to that old head who knows our roster better than our own "fans"
#MKGA

Return to New York Knicks