ImageImageImageImageImage

OT:Child Custody

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ShotgunNitty
Rookie
And1: 115

Re: OT:Child Custody 

Post#101 » by ShotgunNitty » Mon May 4, 2015 1:54 am

FrazierVocab wrote:Kind of late on this, but I would also give this site Avvo a try. You may be able to get some useful information from there as well.

Best of luck to you as you go through this process.

I will look into that....thanks a lot buddy!
ShotgunNitty
Rookie

Post#102 » by ShotgunNitty » Mon May 4, 2015 2:00 am

Johnj1Rens wrote:Some more comments for what it is worth. She should not be hitting your kids, the court will frown very strongly on that. Also bringing young children into this situation is also not wise and in fact can be traumatic...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

This is exactly how I feel! I just need to get some money up and hire a good attorney because I have my oldest son (8 years old) on video admitting to his mother beating him. One time she beat him because he lied to her about something and she gave him a beating with a belt while he was receiving chemotherapy treatments smh.
ShotgunNitty
Rookie

Post#103 » by ShotgunNitty » Mon May 4, 2015 2:08 am

Thugger HBC wrote:ShotgunNitty, glad your keeping us updated with this, I'm really eager to hear the final results. Like I maintained from the beginning courts look into what is the best interest for the child and they usually recognize whom has been the "father" biological or not, and the awarded custody is absolutely in your favor, but not 100% infallible. Personally I can only imagine what info is being fed this child at his new home from the biological and his mother. If she's tried to smear your ability she'll likely do it again even if she has no basis. Sometimes women are stupid like that, they have things good, yet desire things that are worse.

To be honest, if this situation does head to court, you need to be prepared in advance. One of the first things to look into is the background of the "biological" father. These checks are not expensive, and if anything comes to hint the child wouldnt be suitable under his roof...use it. Now understand this is all also indicating a full on assault on the mother as well. Yes I'm hinting at FULL custody When your kids are with you on alternating weeks, talk to them often and freely, find out what they are being told, taught, and since you've indicated discipline check for signs of excessive use. Your findings can be shared with the courts pretty much at any given moment even without a pending court case. These things are extremely important, and in the interest of the child which should be both sides primary focus do what you feel you need to. Dont play the smear game though, keep things based on facts.

Hey, no problem at all. Thanks for replying. I talk with my kids all the time when they with me on my week and they tell me a lot! The alleged biological father filed some papers with the courts for me to take a paternity test back on February 23, 2015 and he just mailed it to me on April 24, 2015. He held that for months.I also think it's missing more papers.

It didn't even tell me why I needed to attend court. I had to call Family Court (DNA division) and they told me I have to come in and take a paternity test in June. I think the boyfriend mailed the papers late so I can not prepare or miss court entirely. It took a argument on April 23 with my kids mother for him to mail it out which was the next day. I'm going down there this week to check and update my case file with the county clerk and hold her in contempt again and find out what papers are missing from what her boy friend sent out. This sh*t is frustrating, bro!
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#104 » by alphad0gz » Mon May 4, 2015 11:01 pm

ShotgunNitty wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:ShotgunNitty, glad your keeping us updated with this, I'm really eager to hear the final results. Like I maintained from the beginning courts look into what is the best interest for the child and they usually recognize whom has been the "father" biological or not, and the awarded custody is absolutely in your favor, but not 100% infallible. Personally I can only imagine what info is being fed this child at his new home from the biological and his mother. If she's tried to smear your ability she'll likely do it again even if she has no basis. Sometimes women are stupid like that, they have things good, yet desire things that are worse.

To be honest, if this situation does head to court, you need to be prepared in advance. One of the first things to look into is the background of the "biological" father. These checks are not expensive, and if anything comes to hint the child wouldnt be suitable under his roof...use it. Now understand this is all also indicating a full on assault on the mother as well. Yes I'm hinting at FULL custody When your kids are with you on alternating weeks, talk to them often and freely, find out what they are being told, taught, and since you've indicated discipline check for signs of excessive use. Your findings can be shared with the courts pretty much at any given moment even without a pending court case. These things are extremely important, and in the interest of the child which should be both sides primary focus do what you feel you need to. Dont play the smear game though, keep things based on facts.

Hey, no problem at all. Thanks for replying. I talk with my kids all the time when they with me on my week and they tell me a lot! The alleged biological father filed some papers with the courts for me to take a paternity test back on February 23, 2015 and he just mailed it to me on April 24, 2015. He held that for months.I also think it's missing more papers.

It didn't even tell me why I needed to attend court. I had to call Family Court (DNA division) and they told me I have to come in and take a paternity test in June. I think the boyfriend mailed the papers late so I can not prepare or miss court entirely. It took a argument on April 23 with my kids mother for him to mail it out which was the next day. I'm going down there this week to check and update my case file with the county clerk and hold her in contempt again and find out what papers are missing from what her boy friend sent out. This sh*t is frustrating, bro!

Let's hope the boy is yours......that will make it much better for you..AND him.
ShotgunNitty
Rookie

Post#105 » by ShotgunNitty » Tue May 5, 2015 12:10 am

alphad0gz wrote:
ShotgunNitty wrote:

Let's hope the boy is yours......that will make it much better for you..AND him.

I hope so too, but given the fact that my ex and her boyfriend already took a private paternity test and now I have her boyfriend taking me to court...it's hard to stay confident and optimistic, but I'm trying.
Johnj1Rens
Sophomore
And1: 55

OT:Child Custody 

Post#106 » by Johnj1Rens » Fri May 8, 2015 6:12 pm

Hang in there, I went through this crap. All I say is get ahead of this, protect your interest and your children's interests. What's will be interesting is will this guy be around throughout

ShotgunNitty
Rookie

Post#107 » by ShotgunNitty » Sun May 10, 2015 2:55 am

Johnj1Rens wrote:Hang in there, I went through this crap. All I say is get ahead of this, protect your interest and your children's interests. What's will be interesting is will this guy be around throughout

Thanks man I appreciate it! I think he's going to be around for a while I mean they been together the last two years and at the moment things seem to be going well far as their relationship, but either way I'm fighting to the end.

Return to New York Knicks