ImageImageImageImageImage

BAT 13.0 Official Discussion Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

BAT 13.0 Official Discussion Thread 

Post#1 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Draft is scheduled to begin at June 17th at 6PM EST

Draft order below

1 J4remi-Charlotte Hornets
2 Context- Miami Heat
3 Jose7- Orlando Magic
4 Truewarrior- Brooklyn Nets
5 Fury- Toronto Raptors
6 Moocow- Washington Wizards
7 Thorn- Cleveland Cavaliers
8 Greenhughes- San Antonio Spurs
9 EMG518- Minnesota Timberwolves
10 Maseinyourface- Oklahoma City Thunder
11 br7Knicks- Portland Trailblazers
12 Yankeeknickfan- Dallas Mavericks
13 Smash3- Houston Rockets
14 Bishnykfan- Boston Celtics
15 Ibraheim- New Orleans Pelicans
16 Cbrunn2- Philadelphia 76er's
17 Ezmoney- Sacramento Kings
18 Huuhaaa-Detroit Pistons
19 Coolkids- New York Knicks
20 Grinditout-Indiana Pacers
21 Ctorres- Milwaukee Bucks
22 Carl_Karlson- Memphis Grizzlies
23 Boik14- Los Angeles Lakers
24 Mpharris- golden state warriors
25 Mecca- Los Angeles Clippers
26 Swisscheesed- Atlanta Hawks
27 LJ4pointplay- Utah Jazz
28 Spree8- Chicago Bulls
29 Bowlrips- Denver Nuggets
30 Manhattan Project-Phoenix Suns
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Re: BAT 13.0? 

Post#2 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:08 pm

How long do these usually last? Is this like some fantasy basketball thing?
Imageceltics
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#3 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:How long do these usually last? Is this like some fantasy basketball thing?

Pretty Much. They take about a month or so although we neevr really finish and determine a winner. More about the experiece..

here is the last one

viewtopic.php?t=1371895
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#4 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm in this one. (if it goes down)
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#5 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:18 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:I'm in this one. (if it goes down)

Ill start the list then....lets see if there is enough interest
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#6 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:24 pm

I want in

WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#7 » by EMG518 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:25 pm

This actually crossed my mind as a way to pass the last 2 weeks before the draft on the forums, a good way to break up the monotony of the draft talk. I am in if were doing it.
Boik14
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Post#8 » by Boik14 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Count me in
BAT 13 Picks - Lakers picks remaining: 323, 338

PG: Brandon Jennings/Tyus Jones
SG: Lance Stephenson/Evan Fournier
SF: Rudy Gay/Perry Jones
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Julius Randle/Kris Humphries
C: Chris Bosh/Josh McRoberts
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#9 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm in.
Imageceltics
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm

i'll jump back in

i'll also take on a co-GM if someone wants to start getting into these.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#11 » by ctorres » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Can't we wait until after the draft?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 pm

CoolKids
RealGM

Post#13 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:03 pm

ctorres wrote:Can't we wait until after the draft?

added a poll
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#14 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:Image

:lol: Ill take that as an "i'm in"?
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#15 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:08 pm

What exactly are the rules? Sorry I'm new at this.
Imageceltics
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#16 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:What exactly are the rules? Sorry I'm new at this.

:lol: check out the link in the first post. rules are there. Just a heads up, if we do get enough veteran players signed up you're gonna have to take a co-gm spot so you can learn the ropes.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#17 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Nvm I found them. Replace 11-12 with 14-15 of course

5. There will be a no skip pick rule in effect between Midnight and 6 am EST. No picks can be skipped during this time. If you are OTC you can make your pick during this time but you can't be skipped. Once the clock hits 6am the the time stamp starts again. So if you pick in the first 5 rounds is OTC at 9pm (3 hours would pass until the clock stops at midnight). Once 6 am hits you will have additional 3 hours (until 9 am) to make your pick.

We strongly advise people to give there board to people who will be on if they will be away from a computer for hours, to keep the draft moving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roster:

5. What Players are eligible to be on your Team or be Drafted?

Any player that was/is on a 2011-2012 NBA ACTIVE roster. Any Player Drafted in the 2011 NBA Draft.

6. But what about Draft Rights? And can we circumvent the rules?

- As long as the selection satisfy the criteria listed under Rule #5 you can choose players whose draft rights a team possesses. So you can draft a player drafted in the 2011 NBA draft but who did not play in the NBA in the 2011-2012 season but you CANNOT draft a similar player that was drafted in the 2010 NBA draft (for example) who was not added to a teams active roster for the 2011-2012 season.

7. What's the maximum number of Players each Team may have?

Each Team may not carry more than 14 Players and 1 Head Coach at any given time. If you are over that limit, you will need to cut the amount of Players necessary to bring you back into good standing. If you do not do so prior to your time slot, one player will be selected for you and dropped by the draft admin - myself, Paco or mpharris.

8. When can Players be cut, and how are they put back into the Pool?

- Players can be cut as soon as the 13 Rounds of Drafting are complete. Exception: if you, somehow, managed to select 14 players prior to the conclusion of the 13 rounds.

- Cut Players will have 1 Day of "Waiver Clearing" before they can be picked-up by another Team. This is done so that every Team has a fair shot at a Cut Player. The countdown to clear "Waivers" begins the moment (timestamp of post) at which the Team that owns that Player cut him.

- Once you cut a Player you cannot rescind it, as the "Paper Work" has already begun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trades:

10. What about Trades, when can they start happening?

Trades involving players can be made anytime after the 1st Pick is made (obviously only players that have been picked already can be traded LOL).

Trades involving only picks may be made at any time EXCEPT if the pick is on the clock. This is to prevent the BAT from dragging on. If you are going to trade a pick you MUST trade it BEFORE your pick is up.

11. What can be Traded?

Any Draft Pick or Player in the 13 Rounds may be traded at any given time after the 1st Pick is made. BUT, you must send out the same number of Draft Picks/Players you receive. This is to ensure that we don't have the problem we had in Build A Team 1.0 where some Teams did not have the same amount of Players as other Teams.

12. Will Salaries be taken into account with Trades, meaning will Salaries have to match?

- During the 13 Round Draft, Salaries in Trades WILL NOT be taken into account. Players can traded for any other Player regardless of Salary difference.

- After the 13 Round Draft, Salaries WILL be taken into account, so make sure you take that into account.

13. What if a Trade is deemed too uneven (IE: lopsided)?

If the League deems a Trade too uneven, it will be tasked to any 3 Judges to vote on whether the Trade will go through or not in a separate Judge vote Thread, that will be linked back into this Thread for future record purposes.

14. Can future Draft Picks be traded?

No. No team may trade a 2012 or beyond Draft pick at point or in any Trade during this Process. This is to ensure that all Teams have a level Playing Field after the 1st Year is complete, and to make sure one GM doesn't do an "Isiah" and screw his Team in the future. This is also to ensure things don't get too complicated.

Roster Spots 13-15 "Auction"

-You are not required to take part in this section, unless you want too or your Roster requires you too (based on what is outlined below).

-At the conclusion of the 13 rounds you MUST have 12 Players and 1 head coach on your roster.

-You can pick no more than 2 Players on the 1st day I start the "auction", and no more than 1 player the next day, for a maximum Roster of 15. You don't have to pick 2 or 3 Players, you can pick just 1 or 2 if you want, as long as your Roster isn't violating anything.

-You don't have to have 15 Players, but you must have AT LEAST 12 "under Contract" (see above), meaning they're playable.

-Salary Cap and Salaries go into effect once the Round of 13 is over so any trades made after the end of the 13th round (which occurs as soon as the last pick is made) MUST match salary wise (based on current CBA rules)...Sham Sports Salary #'s take precedent, followed by Hoopshype.

-We'll start the "auction" 9 AM Monday. It's a first-come first-serve format.

-In the event that GMs bid on a Player at the exact same timestamp, then that Player will be "locked" (meaning off-limits from others) and can be re-selected beginning at EXACTLY the same time the next day.

-It'll run until about Saturday or so (giving everyone enough time to round out their Rosters).

-Any GM/Team that does not have at least 12 "Playable" Players by the time Judging/SIMing starts and Rosters are locked, will have a Player(s) assigned to them at the Commish's discretion (and trust me, I won't start with cheap Players)

-After that, either the SIMing or Judging will start. <----TBD

Draft Etiquette & Warnings:

- To avoid any possible disputes or contention, once you post your pick you CANNOT change your mind. In the past we've had a few guys post their pick and then try to delete the post and repick. Be aware that there will likely be people watching the threads. Anyone who notices any other GM post a pick and then delete or change it, please point it out and the offending GM will be: a) forced to take the guy he originally pick and b) be given a warning.

- If you fail to make your pick within your time slot for 2 consecutive selections when you are on the clock you will be RELEASED of your duties as GM and your team will be given either to your assistant GM or to someone on the waiting list. This is to make sure that we don't have any dead beat GMs.

- In order for a Trade to be made official both GM's must post in this thread and agree. However, as sometimes one or the other GM may not be able to confirm the trade immediately, please has some decency in going through with the trade if you agreed to it between the two parties. Please don't back out because someone else tried to jump in and offer you a better deal. GMs who are found to have backed out of trades like this will receive a warning.

- Absolute NO NAME DROPPING is allowed except if it's Eddy Curry (a long running BAT tradition). Name dropping involves either publicly naming a player that has yet to be picked (pretty easy to catch) or sending private emails to any other teams GM or assistant GM advising them to draft someone without any trade involving you and the other GM having been agreed upon for that player to be selected (harder to catch but we can tell as it usually comes out). Name dropping includes using any nicknames or acronyms that make it obvious who it it or referencing any trademarks (tattoos, nationality, infamy, etc). This is so that we prevent collusion and make this fair (there will be good GM's and bad GM's). Anyone caught dropping names will receive 1 warning each time a name is dropped.

- The Draft Picks/Trades thread is ONLY for making either your pick or posting/agreeing to a trade. Please DO NOT use this thread as a discussion thread (that's what the "Discussion" thread is for). That includes discussions between GM's about trades (again not this thread, discuss trades in the "Discussion" thread!!). No warnings will be given for accidental none pick/trade-confirm posts unless it becomes really excessive from any single GM.

- Any GM with 3 warnings will be RELIEVED of their GM duties and replaced by the assistant GM (if there is one) or someone from the GM waiting list.
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#18 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:15 pm

CoolKids wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:What exactly are the rules? Sorry I'm new at this.

:lol: check out the link in the first post. rules are there. Just a heads up, if we do get enough veteran players signed up you're gonna have to take a co-gm spot so you can learn the ropes.

I got the rules now.
Imageceltics
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:17 pm

CoolKids wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Image

:lol: Ill take that as an "i'm in"?

Pretty much. :lol:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:19 pm

ctorres wrote:Can't we wait until after the draft?

Yeah I think everyone is currently puckered tight waiting for the draft that waiting until after it (when we likely will be disappointed with the results) will be a nice distraction.

Return to New York Knicks