ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis with #4 pick

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,870

Re: Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis with #4 pick 

Post#2721 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
Shows how much Phil really wanted LMA. "U can come, but u ain't touching Porzingis position."

Again Phil don't give a **** about any players status, he does not cater to players, and will never do it.

Also shows how highly Jackson must think of the real 6God aka KRIST.

I couldn't find the original post but hold up. So phil don't give a blankety blank about any players status and don't cater to players......yet instead he caters to a 19yr old who weighs 230lbs at 7'3. First of all this report seems like Bull. Seriously, I doubt that conversation would ever take place. Im sure they'd tell Aldridge he could play wherever he wants and then once the two start playing positions could be interchangeable.

Second it ain't about status its about what makes sense. You have a star still well within his prime that you just paid a max to. On the other hand you are in free agency trying to attract other stars to play with him. Why ruin that by talking about your rookie?

I wanna move on from this and just deal with the season but everytime I get out, they bring me right back in. Fans need to stop pretending this was all part of Phils genius. Ill move on and leave him alone, even say that he's great at thinking on his feet and coming up with a plan B. But just admit it. Phil failed to create a desirable situation for top free agents to come to and then had to settle on Aaron Affalo and Lopez. SETTTLE, there ain't no way around it. Now you can spin it all you want, make it seem like a power move but the fact still remains.

Either we're building a future with Porzingis or we're contending with Anthony. So this whole, not catering to this guy or that? Its annoying anti-heroism. Teams get good by having the best talent and being healthy. You can talk about heart, intangibles and a bunch of stuff. And I agree that when given two equally matched teams that those things make a difference. But rarely does any championship team or great team have a match. The Warriors won because the they the most talented team that was healthy at the same time. Now as far as team ball, even great teams gotta have team ball. But you get the talent, and then have it work as a team.

So this annoying mindset of...Im glad Phil didn't get any stars because of some ridiculous reason. Cmon folks. The hot girl you wanted didn't want you, so now we're saving face. We should've wanted these star players. Its not like Zinger couldn't have been a major piece anyway.

once again, i find you on one end of a pair of extremes that doesn't have to be true. no one said it was phil's plan to not sign LMA. obviously they would have if he agreed to a particular role in the vision. he didn't. both phil and LMA say that. why is that not good enough for everyone?

phil has said that the players we have were plan B. you can read the phil files and see that. but he only mentioned gasol and jordan as his main targets. but take the rest of the meetings as consideration as well. now, if the knicks were as hot on monroe and aldridge as the others, then they probably WOULDN'T have had any stipulations on their discussions. but, they did. that DOES show a commitment to system that wasn't going to be broken. it'd be one thing if only phil was saying this, but aldridge is saying it himself.

and "wants their rook to play" does not mean concessions. they could all play. LMA didn't love the role the knicks had in mind. no meeting. that's perfectly fair. if the knicks were indeed higher on him, then they would have said he could do whatever he wanted. but that's not how it went, per LMA's admission. now, if you have a problem with that... fine. but then you can't say that the knicks lied to you.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#2722 » by TheBigBoss » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:11 pm

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,922

Post#2723 » by stuporman » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:34 pm

So when does the board institute a ban on all KP comparisons to Dirk or Barg? Friends don't let friends make player comparisons.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#2724 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:48 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:Image

Love this. Kri6 will be a boss here.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#2725 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:50 pm

stuporman wrote:So when does the board institute a ban on all KP comparisons to Dirk or Barg? Friends don't let friends make player comparisons.

Stupe, I know it's been a hard off season for you. Me too. :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#2726 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:26 pm

stuporman wrote:So when does the board institute a ban on all KP comparisons to Dirk or Barg? Friends don't let friends make player comparisons.

That's the best part of basketball dude. its fun. We make comparisons. KP can be whatever he wants to be but today the closest thing we got are those two and I actually like them because its really a worst case/best case scenario right there. I haven't seen anyone else I can compare thim to. Pau?
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#2727 » by N Y K » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:

That's the best part of basketball dude. its fun. We make comparisons. KP can be whatever he wants to be but today the closest thing we got are those two and I actually like them because its really a worst case/best case scenario right there. I haven't seen anyone else I can compare thim to. Pau?

He's like Big Pun, but with a handle.

Or Larry Bird, if he was nice at instagram.

Or Barack Obama, if he had height and boxed out less.

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#2728 » by Fat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:44 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMTQ_NNW50[/youtube]
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#2729 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 am

:lol: Someone make a gif out of Cauley-Stein's reaction.

Towns is a swindler. He could spell every player's name in his sleep and he tried to play it off like it was difficult.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#2730 » by rajajackal » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMTQ_NNW50[/youtube]

listen, i know it's not a literary league per se, but that **** was pitifully alarming
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#2731 » by F N 11 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Caulie Stein is a fool ahhahaha. Its not even that hard. Typing his name looing for youtube vids I knew how to spell it since.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#2732 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 pm

I know it's been said on here a zillion times, but this kid really has the attitude for success.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#2733 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I know it's been said on here a zillion times, but this kid really has the attitude for success.

KP6 has such confidence and swag but in a good way 100%. Sky is the limit for young Skyzingis.

By the way -- Cameron Payne looks like Sam Cassell love child.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#2734 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I know it's been said on here a zillion times, but this kid really has the attitude for success.

KP6 has such confidence and swag but in a good way 100%. Sky is the limit for young Skyzingis.

By the way -- Cameron Payne looks like Sam Cassell love child.

He looks like those child actors that never grow up.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#2735 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 pm

It bears repeating, because it really hasn't sunken in to everybody's mind yet.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#2736 » by N Y K » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 pm

rajajackal wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMTQ_NNW50[/youtube]

listen, i know it's not a literary league per se, but that **** was pitifully alarming

Even the way Mudiay said Porzingis sounds dumb.

Second only to how stupid Portis sounds.

Hoooooooooly!!
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#2737 » by Juggynaut » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Portis sounds (Please Use More Appropriate Word), maybe that's y he dropped in the draft. I was a big fan of him.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#2738 » by Triple C » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Recent pics:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kporzee/status/637080645974552576[/tweet]
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#2739 » by Thorn » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Agree, his attitude, drive, and mindset all seem tailor made for the NBA. I am really excited to watch him grow as a professional.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#2740 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Thorn wrote:Agree, his attitude, drive, and mindset all seem tailor made for the NBA. I am really excited to watch him grow as a professional.

KP aka the leader of the new school...our under 25 crew is exciting for more than just talent and potential; it's their character that gets me most hype.

KP - 20
Grant - 22
Galloway - 23
O'Quinn - 25
Early - 24
Thannasis - 23

All high character guys and if they can rub off on Seraphin and Williams, that's another two 25 and under guys with skill to boot. This team should be fun to watch, even if it's got an uphill climb to be competitive, the development will be fun to watch.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks