ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis with #4 pick

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Re: Knicks select Kristaps Porzingis with #4 pick 

Post#2781 » by Workforce250 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:17 pm

BKlutch wrote:
stuporman wrote:Sources close to nutritionists informed me that the way to increase weight is to add sauces to everything.

Even dressing is simply a salad sauce so it adds more calories to what would be a relatively 'lean' dish of raw produce.

So sources say sauces.... jus sauces.

Yes, I am living proof! Sauces added to meals and ice cream for dessert. Unbeatable for packing on pounds. I'd be athletic without them.

Lol
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#2782 » by RHODEY » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:43 pm

stuporman wrote:Sources close to nutritionists informed me that the way to increase weight is to add sauces to everything.

Even dressing is simply a salad sauce so it adds more calories to what would be a relatively 'lean' dish of raw produce.

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#2783 » by malik959 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:09 am

knicks85 wrote:Look what came in.....

Yeah now I can see Kris in a master card commercial trying to buy tags for his car saying "But I'm the only Prozingis!"
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#2784 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:12 am

RHODEY wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0-F88c6Hrk&list=FLALjdvA_K1qCiQs9gq78NhQ&index=48[/youtube]
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#2785 » by DaGawd » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:43 am

Lol...Now THAT's commitment... Better hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust..
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#2786 » by Jstock12 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:32 am

When you zoom in, it's even clearer:

kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#2787 » by kingquan316 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:52 am

Jstock12 wrote:When you zoom in, it's even clearer:

I know he ain't russian, but he must have took the Ivan Drago workout.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#2788 » by Jstock12 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:22 am

kingquan316 wrote:

I just want him to get stronger gradually, definitely not something like this:

kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#2789 » by kingquan316 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 8:10 am

Jstock12 wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:

I just want him to get stronger gradually, definitely not something like this:

That picture would happen if he took the Eddy Curry workout (aka eating McDonalds daily)
Cringe
Ballboy
And1: 36

Post#2790 » by Cringe » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:43 am

DaGawd wrote:

Lol...Now THAT's commitment... Better hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust..

Or that plate could be worth a small fortune in 8 years. I consider it a smart move either way.
ravinaziankid
Senior
And1: 268

Post#2791 » by ravinaziankid » Tue Sep 1, 2015 8:52 pm

Is that new pic of porzingis real? That would be a really quick turn around from when he was in summer league if so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#2792 » by PrecociousNeoph » Tue Sep 1, 2015 8:58 pm

you can clearly see greater definition in his biceps. i mean in the first one that is real not the fake eddy curry esque one
“Bye, Felicia.”
ravinaziankid
Senior
And1: 268

Post#2793 » by ravinaziankid » Tue Sep 1, 2015 9:25 pm

Yeah, good to see hes working hard on getting bigger and stronger..thats some dedication.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2794 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Sep 1, 2015 9:35 pm

Having a chip on your shoulder can bring/build you up. This kid is doing the homework. That's all you can ask for at this point.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#2795 » by TruthBeTold » Wed Sep 2, 2015 11:21 am

:lol: at the wishful thinking and Photoshop pics. I predict when you guys see KP in October, he will only be slightly bigger than he is now. However, it's a long season and he could still add more weight during the season. lets look at the real picture about KP's situation or should I say let's keep it real. Judging from what I'm seeing form KP so far, it going to take a full NBA season for him to understand his strengths and weaknesses on the NBA level as well as developing a NBA PF/C body. I believe he will contribute right away, but being new to the league and playing with the best players in the world as a rookie will expose many weaknesses. That is why I was really hoping he pack on some pounds quickly to minimize some of the challenges about to come his way. One more month and we will finally get a preview of the... :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#2796 » by DaGawd » Wed Sep 2, 2015 12:14 pm

TruthBeTold wrote::lol: at the wishful thinking and Photoshop pics. I predict when you guys see KP in October, he will only be slightly bigger than he is now. However, it's a long season and he could still add more weight during the season. lets look at the real picture about KP's situation or should I say let's keep it real. Judging from what I'm seeing form KP so far, it going to take a full NBA season for him to understand his strengths and weaknesses on the NBA level as well as developing a NBA PF/C body. I believe he will contribute right away, but being new to the league and playing with the best players in the world as a rookie will expose many weaknesses. That is why I was really hoping he pack on some pounds quickly to minimize some of the challenges about to come his way. One more month and we will finally get a preview of the... :lol:

Players lose weight during the season, not gain
BaF
Washington Wizards
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#2797 » by TruthBeTold » Wed Sep 2, 2015 6:11 pm

DaGawd wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote::lol: at the wishful thinking and Photoshop pics. I predict when you guys see KP in October, he will only be slightly bigger than he is now. However, it's a long season and he could still add more weight during the season. lets look at the real picture about KP's situation or should I say let's keep it real. Judging from what I'm seeing form KP so far, it going to take a full NBA season for him to understand his strengths and weaknesses on the NBA level as well as developing a NBA PF/C body. I believe he will contribute right away, but being new to the league and playing with the best players in the world as a rookie will expose many weaknesses. That is why I was really hoping he pack on some pounds quickly to minimize some of the challenges about to come his way. One more month and we will finally get a preview of the... :lol:

Do you know what generalization mean? You can't say that about all players unless there is 100% prof. Basketball is good exercise, but not everyone gets to play every 2 days. I'm sure there have been a few players who gained a pound or 2 during the season. Hell, I think Raymond Felton had a history of that, lol. People in KP's situation who needs to gain weight and muscle will do so, but a lot slower. The season is not only about improving KP's game, but also his body. He can gain more muscle mass during the season, and I'm sure the coaches will not have any problem with that, especially if he is getting abused in the paint.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#2798 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 2, 2015 6:15 pm

malik959 wrote:

Yeah now I can see Kris in a master card commercial trying to buy tags for his car saying "But I'm the only Prozingis!"

That is SO getting stolen :lol:
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,350

Post#2799 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 6:16 pm

Porzingis is going to dominate the game of NBA basketball bruh.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#2800 » by Meat » Wed Sep 2, 2015 6:17 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Do you know what generalization mean? You can't say that about all players unless there is 100% prof. Basketball is good exercise, but not everyone gets to play every 2 days. I'm sure there have been a few players who gained a pound or 2 during the season. Hell, I think Raymond Felton had a history of that, lol. People in KP's situation who needs to gain weight and muscle will do so, but a lot slower. The season is not only about improving KP's game, but also his body. He can gain more muscle mass during the season, and I'm sure the coaches will not have any problem with that, especially if he is getting abused in the paint.

the word you're looking for is outlier not generalization, and there's no feasible way he could improve his game and gain muscle mass at the same time, the caloric requirements are just too large. how many pf's bang down low these days? 2-3?

Return to New York Knicks