ImageImageImageImageImage

Must have Free agents (pick 1)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Re: Must have Free agents (pick 1) 

Post#61 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Lebron James
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,931

Post#62 » by Jeffrey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:27 pm

kej718 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
AllanH20 wrote:I want Middleton, I think he'll be a top five defender soon. Green or Carroll wouldn't be bad either.

Millsap on a 3 year contract would be ideal.

I would also take Robin Lopez over Jordan gives that he'll be asking for half of what Jordan is asking.

Rim FG% Allowed
Lopez 48%
Jordan 48.5%

Points Saved/36
Lopez 1.45
Jordan 0.18

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Totally agree with Robin over DeAndre. DeAndre is a sexy pick. I don't know if the Knicks want Lopez because it seems like they want long athletic guys all around the court and DeAndre is that guy.

Also, DeAndre cannot pass. Isn't he like 56 out of 61 qualifying centers when it comes to passing?

Marc Gasol = willing passer and low post player
Monroe = 2nd best option

I would give max to Leonard or Middleton. We all know what Middleton is capable of. He will compliment this team and we're gonna need a guy who can light it up around the perimeter.

Is he a bad passer or is it because he has a point guard like Paul that has the ball in his hands most of the time?

That's a good question but what is his offensive repertoire? He has no jump shot whatsoever. Everything is within the inner circle. He is basically Tyson Chandler.

I'm not sure how good this website is but take a look at the comparison between Robin Lopez and DeAndre Jordan.

[url]http://nbasavant.com/apps/compare.php?players=201599|&hm=false&sp=false&sec_lt=&sec_gt=&min_lt=&min_gt=&shot_made=&shot_made_p2=&st=&q1=&q2=&y1=2014&y2=2014&dgt=&dlt=&defdistgt1=&defdistlt1=&defdistgt2=&defdistlt2=&sza=&szb=&szr=&sd1=&ed1=&sd2=&ed2=&gb1=player&gb2=player&team=#player
[/url]
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#63 » by Jeffrey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
kej718 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Totally agree with Robin over DeAndre. DeAndre is a sexy pick. I don't know if the Knicks want Lopez because it seems like they want long athletic guys all around the court and DeAndre is that guy.

Also, DeAndre cannot pass. Isn't he like 56 out of 61 qualifying centers when it comes to passing?

Monroe = 2nd best option

I would give max to Leonard or Middleton. We all know what Middleton is capable of. He will compliment this team and we're gonna need a guy who can light it up around the perimeter.

Is he a bad passer or is it because he has a point guard like Paul that has the ball in his hands most of the time?

That's a good question but what is his offensive repertoire? He has no jump shot whatsoever. Everything is within the inner circle. He is basically Tyson Chandler.

Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#64 » by Jeffrey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
kej718 wrote:

kej718
Sixth Man
And1: 499

Post#65 » by kej718 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
kej718 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

Monroe = 2nd best option

I'm not sure how good this website is but take a look at the comparison between Robin Lopez and DeAndre Jordan.

[url]http://nbasavant.com/apps/compare.php?players=201599|&hm=false&sp=false&sec_lt=&sec_gt=&min_lt=&min_gt=&shot_made=&shot_made_p2=&st=&q1=&q2=&y1=2014&y2=2014&dgt=&dlt=&defdistgt1=&defdistlt1=&defdistgt2=&defdistlt2=&sza=&szb=&szr=&sd1=&ed1=&sd2=&ed2=&gb1=player&gb2=player&team=#player
[/url]

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=201599
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#66 » by DowNY » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Marc Gasol is essential. Fits our team to a T now with Porz.
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#67 » by Ganji » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:42 pm

few names jump into eyes...
Robin Lopez or Kosta Koufos, Robin would be ideal, just to cement post defense...
Gerald Green might be cheaper then Danny Green...
Ed Davis
Monta Ellis - i'd try make a play for the guy, he can create and is decent passer, not a great defender... had decent run with Dallas imo
Alexis Ajinca with Zinger would be fun combo... talk about rim protecting.
also we should try to get Guillermo Hernangomez over...
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#68 » by Ganji » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:43 pm

DowNY wrote:Marc Gasol is essential. Fits our team to a T now with Porz.

i think he is to comfy with Griz, don't see him leaving... there hasn't been a peep... + he loves the place.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#69 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Kosta Koufos - that's a good choice. possible he'll leave as Adams will probably get more minutes at C?
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#70 » by Bklyn&company » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Kosta Koufos - that's a good choice. possible he'll leave as Adams will probably get more minutes at C?

Huh??? They are not even on the same team... What Adams are you talking about?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#71 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Sorry, mixing up Kanter and Koufos.

I'd be happy with either one...
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#72 » by Synciere » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:25 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:I think Green is sooooo overrated but I'm sure I'm alone in this thinking.

Nope. Maybe it's the Finals game but, people are really talking eight figures and I don't see it.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#73 » by Synciere » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:26 am

On a side note, Kanter fits as a 4, but really doesn't defend well at all...
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#74 » by BKlutch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:58 am

My faith in my fellow humans has been restored. Not one person asked for J.R. Smith.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#75 » by dakomish23 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:09 am

Can I name two? Give Dragic the max, hope that him and Melo are enough to lure Mgasol (assuming we'd pay the price to move Calderon).

We will immediately be contenders, and PJax gets to run the triangle to perfection
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
AlphakirA
Senior
And1: 308

Post#76 » by AlphakirA » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:06 am

Moose wrote:
AlphakirA wrote:I want Millsap. Guy does everything right but is bland enough that we can get him for less than he should get paid.

If we can't get the obvious, pairing millsap and robin Lopez would be solid.

Then if we ever had enough money, someone like green to spread the floor and add defense at the 2 spot.

We really have to dump Calderon for that to happen, however.

Trading Calderon for nothing would get us 35 mil to spend. I'm not so sure we could sign Millsap, Lopez, and Green for that though it'd be close.
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#77 » by Moose » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:13 am

AlphakirA wrote:
Moose wrote:
AlphakirA wrote:I want Millsap. Guy does everything right but is bland enough that we can get him for less than he should get paid.

If we can't get the obvious, pairing millsap and robin Lopez would be solid.

Then if we ever had enough money, someone like green to spread the floor and add defense at the 2 spot.

We really have to dump Calderon for that to happen, however.

Trading Calderon for nothing would get us 35 mil to spend. I'm not so sure we could sign Millsap, Lopez, and Green for that though it'd be close.

Everyone is going to get overpaid, so that does seem unlikely.

Marc Gasol and a 2 who can defend and stretch the floor probably gets us into the playoffs with a healthy Melo.

Adding West after that only helps. At this point, he is a vet to help do the dirty work. If we miss on everyone, it makes sense to only give him a one year deal anyway. And even if we sign 2 impact players and are suddenly looking competitive, how many years you wanna give to a 35 year old?
ispitmoney
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#78 » by ispitmoney » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:26 am

I don't see why everyone is so excited about Green and Carroll. Their value when up with the Warriors winning and this whole prototypical '3-D' player. Both are going to get overpaid (Green- $12-14 million) (Carroll- $8-10 million) and will be underwhelming for the Knicks.

I rather give that money to a secondary scorer we desperately need in Monta Ellis.

Return to New York Knicks