ImageImageImageImageImage

July 1st Free Agency Begins - Catchall thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Re: July 1st Free Agency Begins - Catchall thread 

Post#16781 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:36 pm

What does our roster count stand at right now?
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#16782 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 pm

moocow007 wrote:Would you guys trade Calderon for Chris Andersen and Mario Chalmers? Both Birdman and Rio are expiring contracts. There's a rumor of a 3 team deal that could involve the above exchange for the Knicks. Calderon goes back to Dallas and Dallas sends a Felton's small contract and a 2nd rounder to Miami.

Is this a real rumor, Moo?
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#16783 » by DrCoach » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:01 am

Dallas signs ANOTHER big man C Salah Mejri
Zooropa
Veteran
And1: 1,881

Post#16784 » by Zooropa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:16 am

moocow007 wrote:Would you guys trade Calderon for Chris Andersen and Mario Chalmers? Both Birdman and Rio are expiring contracts. There's a rumor of a 3 team deal that could involve the above exchange for the Knicks. Calderon goes back to Dallas and Dallas sends a Felton's small contract and a 2nd rounder to Miami.

I'd want to see Calderon play first. Without a pick to tank for this year I don't have much interest in making our team worse. I think Jose can run the team well enough to warrant his salary this year.
"The Jeff Hornacek Experience"
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#16785 » by El Poochio » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 am

DrCoach wrote:Dallas signs ANOTHER big man C Salah Mejri

They are throwing the sewage against the wall instead of shİt at this point

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#16786 » by Fat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:57 am

The boozer hate is real. Id gladly take him.. Has a bit of a post game, can start god forbid someone gets injured, durable player, decent rebounder.. Vet with playoff experience. Sure his defense Is pretty much poo but lopez can pick up that slack.. Porzingis is 7"3 has shown he can be a good defender.. Amundson has good D.. O quin can defend. I see no problem sliding in boozer on the roster.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
brooklynoxy
Senior
And1: 121

Post#16787 » by brooklynoxy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:31 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
CharlesOakleeey wrote:I'll start by saying this, I am one of the first to say GTFO when it comes to anyone entertaining the notion of Carmelo waiving the no trade clause, but watching this feels like it really just should happen (could just be the mood I'm in).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2533089-the-biggest-question-mark-for-the-new-york-knicks-entering-next-season?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web--art

He's got his money, it's not happening here anymore, why not go play with his boy in LA or CLE?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2532377-who-says-no-in-a-kevin-love-for-carmelo-anthony-trade?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web--art--%20via

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2526768-ric-buchers-bold-predictions-for-the-remainder-of-the-nba-offseason

Maybe the more this conversation is had, the more likely it will happen... and I'm in the minority that likes Melo.

Ready, set, tell me to shut it!

We don't have our pick so I think we just fight for as many wins this year and see what happens. Maybe Porzingis develops sooner, other pickups pan out and we can compete sooner then later. Phil put this team to fit around Melo so I am curious to see how it works.

If not, next offseason looks like the best time to trade Melo. Almost every team will be under the cap so there will be a lot of suitors and Melo's contract will look like a bargain when other max's may be starting at $25-$30mil.

Well thought out post and I think Melo may be gone by February, 2016 or, at the latest, by June, 2016.

Teams which are in position to trade assets which would appeal to the Knick? I heard nothing about Carmelo in the summer, which I understand. You're right that Anthony's medical issue with the knee will mark the line in the sand.

Prediction—I can see Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Miami, Lakers and Oklahoma trading for Anthony.

I do not despise Melo, either. Yet, he is starting to behave like LeBron, letting social media work on Phil—although Jackson is no joke and will accommodate Anthony's desires. The Knicks no longer letting their stars dictate where and how they are to be treated.

This is how the Knicks culture must be and I'm with Phil 100%. Players are told what the expectations are and what will not be tolerated.

'Look at the San Antonio Spurs management. I think Phil has read Pop's book.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXU1etIC1No[/youtube]
"You have to respect your coach. I know LeBron's a great player, but I think he stepped over the line." Walt "Clyde" Frazier
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#16788 » by DrCoach » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:40 am

El Poochio wrote:
DrCoach wrote:Dallas signs ANOTHER big man C Salah Mejri

They are throwing the sewage against the wall instead of shİt at this point

True, I just want and our boy Ndour back so the more comp the better
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#16789 » by blanko » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:40 am

I would trade melo for love. Melo get's his shot at a ring and we get about 5 years younger. Love will excel next to a rim protectors like lopez and prozningis.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#16790 » by Fat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:40 am

Dorell wright
carlos Boozer
Javale mcgee
WIll Bynum
kevin seraphin
Big Baby
Jason Terry
willie green
Dahntay jones
darell arthur
Nazr Muhammad
Reggie evans
joel freeland
John Jenkins
Henry Sims
Ben Gordon
Rasual butler
Jerome Jordan
Elton brand
Landry Fields
Greg steisma
michael beasley
Ryan Hollins
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#16791 » by DrCoach » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Dorell wright
carlos Boozer
Javale mcgee
WIll Bynum
kevin seraphin
Big Baby
Jason Terry
willie green
Dahntay jones
darell arthur
Nazr Muhammad
Reggie evans
joel freeland
John Jenkins
Henry Sims
Ben Gordon
Rasual butler
Jerome Jordan
Elton brand
Landry Fields
Greg steisma
michael beasley
Ryan Hollins

Dallas signed him
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#16792 » by NOOB77 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Wait what is this??
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#16793 » by digitaldropoff » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

blanko wrote:I would trade melo for love. Melo get's his shot at a ring and we get about 5 years younger. Love will excel next to a rim protectors like lopez and prozningis.

Assets my man....assets. Why would Cleveland trade Love for the reasons you give.....why would Cleveland get an older and slightly damaged scoring machine for a guy who we all know is capable of similar numbers, albeit much better rebounding? I'm sure you would trade Melo for Love, but no one else would....certainly not Cleveland.

As long as NY is cool with not getting max value for trading their "superstar"....as that doesn't happen anyhow, then NY should get some bites, but I doubt Melo brings back a current AS level player. A decent pick, young bucks with potential, and some cap space, maybe throw in a former quality vet. But Melo makes a ton of money and only does one thing......the main problem is he's not at best in the middle of his prime, though some would argue he's on the latter half, and he's coming off back to back years with injuries with the shoulder and knee respectively. Five years ago.....Melo would net you a lot, NY knows this better than anyone.....now.....not so much, certainly not a caliber of Love.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,636

Post#16794 » by DaGawd » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:25 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
blanko wrote:I would trade melo for love. Melo get's his shot at a ring and we get about 5 years younger. Love will excel next to a rim protectors like lopez and prozningis.

Assets my man....assets. Why would Cleveland trade Love for the reasons you give.....why would Cleveland get an older and slightly damaged scoring machine for a guy who we all know is capable of similar numbers, albeit much better rebounding? I'm sure you would trade Melo for Love, but no one else would....certainly not Cleveland.

As long as NY is cool with not getting max value for trading their "superstar"....as that doesn't happen anyhow, then NY should get some bites, but I doubt Melo brings back a current AS level player. A decent pick, young bucks with potential, and some cap space, maybe throw in a former quality vet. But Melo makes a ton of money and only does one thing......the main problem is he's not at best in the middle of his prime, though some would argue he's on the latter half, and he's coming off back to back years with injuries with the shoulder and knee respectively. Five years ago.....Melo would net you a lot, NY knows this better than anyone.....now.....not so much, certainly not a caliber of Love.

Make no mistake... If LeBron wanted it to happen, Cleveland would be all over a Melo for Love deal.
BaF
Washington Wizards
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#16795 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:04 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:

What big market contender has a decent pick, young bucks with potential, enough expirings to offer cap relief and possibly a quality vet? What team can trade that and still remain a contender?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#16796 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm

brooklynoxy wrote:
Prediction—I can see Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Miami, Lakers and Oklahoma trading for Anthony.

I sincerely doubt that Melo is waiving his NTC for Milwaukee, Phoenix, OKC, and possibly the Lakers.
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#16797 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:16 pm

GONYK wrote:What big market contender has a decent pick, young bucks with potential, enough expirings to offer cap relief and possibly a quality vet? What team can trade that and still remain a contender?

Once it becomes apparent that Kevin Durant will be staying put in Oklahoma City, the Washington Wizards are the team we should be looking at to move Melo to. Melo, being from the area, would certainly waive his no-trade to play alongside John Wall and fill the "go-to" need the Wizards will certainly be missing since Paul Pierce moved on to LA.

Carmelo Anthony for Bradley Beal, Nene's expiring and a 1st or two.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#16798 » by FemaleDogPlease » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:25 pm

Dorrell Wright would be a solid pickup.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#16799 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:

Is this a real rumor, Moo?

I brought Anderson/Chalmers for Calderon up in a thread the other day and he's been in his room with spreadsheets and books on hypnosis trying to make it happen.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#16800 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:34 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
GONYK wrote:What big market contender has a decent pick, young bucks with potential, enough expirings to offer cap relief and possibly a quality vet? What team can trade that and still remain a contender?

Once it becomes apparent that Kevin Durant will be staying put in Oklahoma City, the Washington Wizards are the team we should be looking at to move Melo to. Melo, being from the area, would certainly waive his no-trade to play alongside John Wall and fill the "go-to" need the Wizards will certainly be missing since Paul Pierce moved on to LA.

Carmelo Anthony for Bradley Beal, Nene's expiring and a 1st or two.

I'll take that

Return to New York Knicks