ImageImageImageImageImage

So Did Anyone Completely Skip Last Season?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

So Did Anyone Completely Skip Last Season? 

Post#1 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:17 am

I think I watched maybe 2 games after that early feelgood win over the Cavs and then I shut it down for the season. Anyone do the same?

Just poking my head back in after a year and a half to see what's going on. I haven't even read the board in that time.

Any hope left in Knicksville?
ImageImageImage
Concrete Jungle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,084

Re: So Did Anyone Completely Skip Last Season? 

Post#2 » by Concrete Jungle » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:18 am

Nope I love my Knicks and I love basketball.
:banghead:
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#3 » by Boss_ » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:23 am

I watched like the first few games and from that point on, tuned in to random quarters in games, practically every time we were down by double digits I changed channel. I think last season was the lowest amount of knick games ive seen in 20 yrs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#4 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:26 am

Boss_ wrote:I watched like the first few games and from that point on, tuned in to random quarters in games, practically every time we were down by double digits I changed channel. I think last season was the lowest amount of knick games ive seen in 20 yrs.

Ha ha ha, you crazy bastuhd, you still have me in your signature? That's hilarious!
ImageImageImage
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#5 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:29 am

no. because im not a fraud fan like OP
NYKNICKPLAYA
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#6 » by NYKNICKPLAYA » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:29 am

Last year was the first year, I didn't go live to a game, well in the last ten years.

Last year was the first year I didn't watch 70 + games. Last year was the first year I didn't get league pass.

I watched on FirstRow here and there and the few on National TV....

I was in L.A. for my bday when the Knicks were playing the Lakers March 13th- but I couldn't bring myself to goto the game, I was there coincidentally but normally I would've been oportunitistic in seeing the Knicks on the road...but with Melo out, and few guys returning.

I did get excited about Galloway and things like that, but last year was really, really tough.

Obviously I kept up with the team daily, but I did not watch religously as I have done since like 1994...

but I am damn hopeful for the future, and for Porzingis....I can't wait till Knicks basketball is truly back. I miss the butterflies of playoff games and being nervous for the outcome of an upcoming playoff game...haven't felt that way since 99.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#7 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:32 am

IAmTheBest wrote:no. because im not a fraud fan like OP

Wheeee!
ImageImageImage
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#8 » by AmazingJason » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:34 am

Stopped watching after getting blown out by the Pistons, but tuned in for a couple to watch Shved before he got injured.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#9 » by King of Canada » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:36 am

I did after a few games in. Didn't want to fork it out for league pass and stay up until 1am three times a week to watch the knicks get pounded. Had enough of that. Looking forward to a winning culture.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#10 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:41 am

NYKNICKPLAYA wrote:Last year was the first year, I didn't go live to a game, well in the last ten years.

Last year was the first year I didn't watch 70 + games. Last year was the first year I didn't get league pass.

I watched on FirstRow here and there and the few on National TV....

I was in L.A. for my bday when the Knicks were playing the Lakers March 13th- but I couldn't bring myself to goto the game, I was there coincidentally but normally I would've been oportunitistic in seeing the Knicks on the road...but with Melo out, and few guys returning.

I did get excited about Galloway and things like that, but last year was really, really tough.

Obviously I kept up with the team daily, but I did not watch religously as I have done since like 1994...

but I am damn hopeful for the future, and for Porzingis....I can't wait till Knicks basketball is truly back. I miss the butterflies of playoff games and being nervous for the outcome of an upcoming playoff game...haven't felt that way since 99.

Yeah, it had to be a a brutal year for hardcore fans such as yourself. My condolences. I guess it was anti-climatic to me and not a letdown since it felt like the train whose light I'd been saying was in the tunnel had finally come through and flattened the franchise.

Being an ancient regime cat myself, I no longer consider any team a "Knick" team like I used to. It just sports now. Dolan cured me of my addiction.

And even Phil is not a letdown as I had low expectations to begin with since it always looked like a retirement money grab to me. But he sure turned out to be more of a vain hustler than even I could have expected. Thus, he's just another Dolan menu item. Never expected much from Phil, but even I didn't think he would suck this bad.

The Dolan curse is not imaginary at this point. It defines the franchise. Can't get too up or down about it now, but if the NBA could Donald Stern him somehow it would go a long ways towards reviving my Knicks DNA.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#11 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:43 am

AmazingJason wrote:Stopped watching after getting blown out by the Pistons, but tuned in for a couple to watch Shved before he got injured.

They are not bringing him back? All I read was he has a handle, but cannot string together a consistent set of performances.

I saw the lilliputian defected across the river.
ImageImageImage
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#12 » by AmazingJason » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:47 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:Stopped watching after getting blown out by the Pistons, but tuned in for a couple to watch Shved before he got injured.

They are not bringing him back? All I read was he has a handle, but cannot string together a consistent set of performances.

I saw the lilliputian defected across the river.

Phil doesn't leak anything. Nobody foresaw any of the moves he made, with the exception of Lopez after we lost out on Monroe.

Shved broke out last season. He's frail, but he uses his dribble and length to get by people and get into the paint at will. Showed a decent 3-point shot. Would be a great sixth man off the bench.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#13 » by emo » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:50 am

I checked out when Bargnani finally decided to check in after he sat out another 40 games.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
SethP
Senior
And1: 210

Post#14 » by SethP » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:52 am

No, I was cheering for losses every game, once it became clear we were not doing crap.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#15 » by N Y K » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:54 am

Clyde_Style wrote:I think I watched maybe 2 games after that early feelgood win over the Cavs and then I shut it down for the season. Anyone do the same?

Just poking my head back in after a year and a half to see what's going on. I haven't even read the board in that time.

GTFO and lock this crap.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#16 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:58 am

emo wrote:I checked out when Bargnani finally decided to check in after he sat out another 40 games.

Did anyone here make a stand for Bargs last year and say we should bring him back? LOL

Guy was so awful. Did he land anywhere?
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#17 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:59 am

SethP wrote:No, I was cheering for losses every game, once it became clear we were not doing crap.

And they won meaningless games at the end and got the 4th pick.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#18 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:00 am

CharlesOakleeey wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:I think I watched maybe 2 games after that early feelgood win over the Cavs and then I shut it down for the season. Anyone do the same?

GTFO and lock this crap.

I joined in 2009 dipweed. You joined in 2015. Get a life
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#19 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:02 am

emo wrote:I checked out when Bargnani finally decided to check in after he sat out another 40 games.

Excellent Hat Montage BTW. You're the Artist Formerly Known as EMO (from now on referred to as Hat Symbol)
ImageImageImage
SethP
Senior
And1: 210

Post#20 » by SethP » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:03 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
SethP wrote:No, I was cheering for losses every game, once it became clear we were not doing crap.

And they won meaningless games at the end and got the 4th pick.

Point being?

Return to New York Knicks