ImageImageImageImageImage

In a game where your life depended on it, would you want Melo or Sprewell as your team's #1 guy?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

In a game where your life depended on it, would you want Melo or Sprewell as your team's #1 guy?

Carmelo Anthony
59%
Latrell Sprewell
41%

Total votes: 105

NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Re: In a game where your life depended on it, would you want Melo or Sprewell as your team's #1 guy? 

Post#61 » by NOOB77 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:07 pm

AmazingJason wrote:
NYKfan77 wrote:LOL @ this poll

I wasn't expecting this amount of fascinating debate to come out of my poll. I definitely want to think everyone for their intelligent contributions and also to commend myself for sparking such discourse.

You knew what you were doing when you created this poll.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#62 » by DE FENSE » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:
:o

He's technically right. If your life depended on it, why would you trust either guy. I wouldn't. Now if the game depended on it...that really should have been the title of this thread.

Yup. Anyone who voted really don't value their life.

/dropsmike

Who's this Mike and why are you dropping him? :lol:

But for me its Melo all day, and I was a huge Spree fan when he was here.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,422

Re: In a game where your life depended on it, would you want Melo or Sprewell as your team's #1 guy? 

Post#63 » by duetta » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:20 pm

How about a thread comparing Lee Nailon to Levar Postell?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,221

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:35 pm

This thread title is totally wack. Really?

What's next, Melo starring in Sophie's Choice?
ImageImageImage
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#65 » by makeitstop » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 pm

How about we just sticky a thread called 'I hate Melo's guts' and let everybody knock themselves out?
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 469

Post#66 » by MeloNY » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Lol. Not sure whats worse, the fact that this thread even exists or the fact that Sprewell got 22 votes.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,239

Post#67 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:47 pm

siar617 wrote:How can you vote Spree when he's never been a number one guy? He didn't have the skills to be one either. Just say you don't like Melo.

You obviously slept through the 99 playoffs.
Go NY Go NY Go
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,373

Post#68 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:52 pm

melo is a once in a generation type of talent. he gets my vote
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,607

Post#69 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:03 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
GONYK wrote:stuff

Lately, I've been reading your SN as GOYNK. Take that for what it's worth.

You're like the third person to tell me that :lol:

Maybe I should just change it to GOINK

I was going to make the same comment. Do it! It'd be cool.

Oh, btw, Spreewell.
Free Palestine
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#70 » by emo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:44 pm

In a game that MY LIFE depended on it?

Give me the f*cking ball.

F*ck Melo & F*ck Sprewell!

Either I'm making it home, or no one else is making It home.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#71 » by malik959 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:59 am

AmazingJason wrote:I was having a discussion with a friend over this question, and I thought I'd create a poll for some off-season fun. There's been some Melo-hating in the Kenyon thread, so I'm curious as to how people feel.

Melo:
- Superior pure scorer
- When the going gets tough in the 4th quarter, you can give him the ball and ask him to get a bucket for you
- Unfairly judged for being a loser, but arguably hasn't had the talent to do it with

Sprewell:
- An absolute warrior, left it all out on the floor
- Shutdown defender, pushed the ball as if his life was at stake
- Never backed down or ran away from the fight, he was the one to impose his power, will, verbal and physical ferocity on others

AM you kind of answered your own question. What do I want, a true warrior or superior scorer. Spree would put his life on the line and if he couldn't score he made sure his opponent couldn't score either. To me Melo is just a bigger, stronger H20.

Grant
Affleck
Spree
Kris
Rolo.

Pure defensive squad.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#72 » by GYK » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:24 am

25/6/3 is a career nine man mark.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#73 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 am

In today's league its undoubtedly Carmelo.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#74 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:35 am

AmazingJason wrote:I was having a discussion with a friend over this question, and I thought I'd create a poll for some off-season fun. There's been some Melo-hating in the Kenyon thread, so I'm curious as to how people feel.

Melo:
- Superior pure scorer
- When the going gets tough in the 4th quarter, you can give him the ball and ask him to get a bucket for you
- Unfairly judged for being a loser, but arguably hasn't had the talent to do it with

Sprewell:
- An absolute warrior, left it all out on the floor
- Shutdown defender, pushed the ball as if his life was at stake
- Never backed down or ran away from the fight, he was the one to impose his power, will, verbal and physical ferocity on others

IMO it depends what Era you want to put this in... A modern day Spree would be Lance Stephenson. A guy who can play tough defense, is gritty and plays well on fast break, however a streaky shooter and questionable teammate. Spree played in the era of iso-ball which favored him.

This conversation is a bit unfair because we are all picturing the Melo of last season (last two hurt seasons) vs Spree in his prime. 2013 Melo vs any year of Spree ... it's no contest.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
AlphakirA
Senior
And1: 308

Post#75 » by AlphakirA » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:41 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:Sprewell and it's not even close. Melo doesn't seem to love the game or care. His number 1 goal is to make as much money from this game as possible.

Um...
http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn041108-Sprewell.html
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#76 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:25 am

Spreewell could only go right. I still don't know how he scored as much as he did.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#77 » by MrProb » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:08 am

I wonder how many ppl logged in their smurfs just to vote Spree :D
melomax
Banned User
And1: 566

Post#78 » by melomax » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:11 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w[/youtube]
RayFinkle
Junior
And1: 13

Post#79 » by RayFinkle » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Sprewell is one of my all-time favorite Knicks, but LMAO @ people picking him over Melo.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#80 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:02 pm

MeloNY wrote:Lol. Not sure whats worse, the fact that this thread even exists or the fact that Sprewell got 22 votes.

The real question is motivation. If Spree is told that after saving your life, you will ensure he can feed his family, those 22 votes may double...

Spree needs to feed his family, can't do that on only 12 million.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate

Return to New York Knicks