ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Best option for one looking for teeth whitening?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: OT: Best option for one looking for teeth whitening? 

Post#61 » by NY2TheBay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:32 am

DrCoach wrote:Like?
Gums absorbable? What do you mean by that?
The CDC is ok with putting the " neurotoxin" in drinking water, I'll let that digest...

Like?? This is not a place for that...
You can do some simple research and will find out many other solutions to mouth health.

The CDC? I do my own research and thus devise my own opinions based off that. Fluoride is a neurotoxin. It shouldnt be in our water supply either. The water in my house doesnt contain it. Many areas of California are removing it or reducing it greatly.

I am not a doctor, my opinion is to not put toxins in my body and to go natural whenever possible. Please dont quote me anymore, I obviously have different views than you and thats ok.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#62 » by DrCoach » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:46 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
The CDC is ok with putting the " neurotoxin" in drinking water, I'll let that digest...

You can do some simple research and will find out many other solutions to mouth health.

The CDC? I do my own research and thus devise my own opinions based off that. Fluoride is a neurotoxin. It shouldnt be in our water supply either. The water in my house doesnt contain it. Many areas of California are removing it or reducing it greatly.

I am not a doctor, my opinion is to not put toxins in my body and to go natural whenever possible. Please dont quote me anymore, I obviously have different views than you and thats ok.

Im a Dentist, Ive done 20+ years of research, thats why I asked.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#63 » by NY2TheBay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

DrCoach wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

Ok then Im sure you know that many people make their own natural toothpastes and avoid tartar build up and cavities. I did ask you not to quote me, I knew where u stood.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#64 » by DrCoach » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

I know Dental Caries
Ok then Im sure you know that many people make their own natural toothpastes and avoid tartar build up and cavities. I did ask you not to quote me, I knew where u stood.

I know that Dental caries are by far the most common disease in the world which is preventable.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#65 » by NY2TheBay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:07 pm

DrCoach wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

I know Dental Caries

I know that Dental caries are by far the most common disease in the world which is preventable.

Why are you still quoting me? Please spare me. Youre also misquoting me.

I havent had a cavity in over 20 years, I go and get regular checkups (which arent necessary but I still do).

Help the OP out that started this thread and asked for help regarding teeth whitening. I noticed you havent given any advice yet you choose to pound sand. I dont use fluoride in my toothpaste, or in my water. Period. End of discussion. Move along.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#66 » by DrCoach » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:32 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

I know Dental Caries

I know that Dental caries are by far the most common disease in the world

Because thi which is preventable.

I havent had a cavity in over 20 years, I go and get regular checkups (which arent necessary but I still do).

Help the OP out that started this thread and asked for help regarding teeth whitening. I noticed you havent given any advice yet you choose to pound sand. I dont use fluoride in my toothpaste, or in my water. Period. End of discussion. Move along.

Because this is a discussion website on a topic that I am eminently qualified to talk about?

Saying check ups isn't necessary is ignorant, but to each is own.

Read and comprehend better because I answered the OP's question succinctly in my first post.

You can leave the topics if you want, I'll still be here
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,921

Post#67 » by stuporman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Power swabs, google it.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#68 » by NY2TheBay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 pm

DrCoach wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
I know that Dental caries are by far the most common disease in the world

Because thi which is preventable.

Because this is a discussion website on a topic that I am eminently qualified to talk about?

Read and comprehend better because I answered the OP's question succinctly in my first post.

Others questioned your lack of contribution to this thread. You want to advertise yourself as a dentist thats fine, but dont push your views on me or call my actions ignorant. I am not at your office, paying for your services, asking for your advice here. This is a basketball forum.

I have no dental problems and havent in 20 years. I dont ingest fluoride, or find use for it in dental care once it was proven to be a neurotoxin. You dont agree? Thats fine...move on.

Ive asked you to stop quoting me, I wasnt "discussing" anything with you. Ive told you I have different views on the subject and I know where you stand. Good day.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#69 » by DrCoach » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

Others questioned your lack of contribution to this thread. You want to advertise yourself as a dentist thats fine, but dont push your views on me or call my actions ignorant. I am not at your office, paying for your services, asking for your advice here. This is a basketball forum.

I have no dental problems and havent in 20 years. I dont ingest fluoride, or find use for it in dental care once it was proven to be a neurotoxin. You dont agree? Thats fine...move on.

Ive asked you to stop quoting me, I wasnt "discussing" anything with you. Ive told you I have different views on the subject and I know where you stand. Good day.

I was in this thread before you, if it doesn't interest you.. Leave

Post, and you will quoted.

Say something ignorant or untrue, I will call you on it.

My contributions to this thread are only as good as the people willing to listen.

And here's a newsflash, if you live in the USA, you are ingesting fluoride, everyday more than likely
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#70 » by NY2TheBay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 pm

DrCoach wrote:I was in this thread before you, if it doesn't interest you.. Leave

Post, and you will quoted.

Say something ignorant or untrue, I will call you on it.

My contributions to this thread are only as good as the people willing to listen.

And here's a newsflash, if you live in the USA, you are ingesting fluoride, everyday more than likely

You being in this thread first has no bearing me. You quoting me for no reason after I continued to ask you not to, does.

There are several ways to skin a cat. Just because I dont use fluoride in my dental routine doesnt mean I am ignorant. In fact I think otherwise and many do as well.

This is all about FLUORIDE. Nothing else. Yet you continue to on. I dont ingest it, dont use it for dental care. You dont like that? Too bad.

Fluoride is a neurotoxin, if I can control my intake of a toxin I will. What is out of my control is out of my control. I am not naive to the fact.

Leave me out of your "discussion". I have the right to not use Fluoride. My dental health is fine. You have the right to use what you want on your teeth and so do I. You have the right to choose your religion and so do I. This thread has gone downhill and I have tried to find my way out, yet you continue to keep me involved. If you want to discuss anything else, you can PM me I will gladly engage there.
iLovethosedamnknicks
Rookie
And1: 221

OT: Best option for one looking for teeth whitening? 

Post#71 » by iLovethosedamnknicks » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 am

I used the cvs strips. Not bad

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,975

Post#72 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:28 am

AlphakirA
Senior
And1: 308

Post#73 » by AlphakirA » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:39 am

NY2TheBay wrote:
AlphakirA wrote:Please don't spread that pseudo science bull. Oil pulling and 'removing toxins' are just buzzwords to get you to buy things, there's no such thing as either. The only thing that can remove toxins is your liver, not some coconut oil in your mouth.

For those that are even considering it, it's just snake oil:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/oilpulling.asp

And for those that are using webmd as a source, the same dentist said "no solid proof that it works" in another publication. Don't waste your money.

There are other ways to improve ones health other than the mainstream allopathic approach.

Fluoride has been proven to be a neurotoxin yet dentists support having it in your toothpaste.

Allow people to do their own research and think for themselves. Dont accuse me of spreading anything, Im simply offering my opinion.

:banghead: Again, just something you read on the internet and completely false.

Fluoride doesn't hurt anyone if used as recommended. Doctors also suggest to drink water. What happens if you have too much? You die.
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4058

Stop spreading nonsense just because you think it's your 'opinion'. It's not an 'opinion' if it has been proven false by SCIENCE, not some earthy tree hugger website with no source study. I can't say that the sky is peachy purple just because it's 'my opinion'.

And I'm allowing people to do their research by providing credible sources and studies that dispute all the nonsense in this thread so far, if you'd like to provide them with the same service, go ahead, but use credible sources.
AlphakirA
Senior

Post#74 » by AlphakirA » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:52 am

duetta wrote:
AlphakirA wrote:Yawn indeed:
"There was no control group in the study."

That's when a 'study' is no longer a scientific study.

The ADA -you know, the American Dental Association, doesn't recommend it:
http://www.ada.org/en/science-research/science-in-the-news/the-practice-of-oil-pulling

I wonder, could the ADA have an ulterior motive, like protecting their INCREDIBLY OVERPRICED SERVICES. And as for a lack of a control group...gee, how about using a little common sense. Everyone in the study saw a significant reduction in their plaque levels. What more could you want. Does that happen in real life, especially with children? I don't think so.

A jar a coconut oil costs $6.00 for 16 ounces. Compare that to the price of these exotic dental preparations sold by dentists.

Yeah yeah, we know, Illuminati controls everything too, right? So the ADA has an agenda and any study that proves that you're wrong is flawed. But the study that you quote that doesn't even use proper scientific method is okay because the user should simply use 'common sense'? Common sense tells me that a fad that became a 'remedy' only after hack Dr. Oz put it on TV isn't anything but folk nonsense.

Please read if you intend to educate yourself as this completely breaks down why oil pulling is not beneficial whatsoever and is simply another fad.
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4409
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#75 » by duetta » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 am

AlphakirA wrote:Please read if you intend to educate yourself as this completely breaks down why oil pulling is not beneficial whatsoever and is simply another fad.

I've been doing oil pulling for nearly two years, and receiving tremendous benefits with regard to real world reductions in tooth pain & gum bleeding. It cost pennies a week to do - and I have personally experienced the difference. In the end, that's all that matters - real world results, not ideological silliness. Educate yourself.
AlphakirA
Senior

Post#76 » by AlphakirA » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:16 am

duetta wrote:
AlphakirA wrote:Please read if you intend to educate yourself as this completely breaks down why oil pulling is not beneficial whatsoever and is simply another fad.

I've been doing oil pulling for nearly two years, and receiving tremendous benefits with regard to real world reductions in tooth pain & gum bleeding. It cost pennies a week to do - and I have personally experienced the difference. In the end, that's all that matters - real world results, not ideological silliness. Educate yourself.

Power of suggestion. I'm educated, but people that believe in pseudoscience like yourself usually use these tactics to convince others they're 'sheep' and whatnot, right? Hell, it's much easier than showing any sort of proof of hypothesis. You've had no differences but whatever makes you feel better at night.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#77 » by NY2TheBay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:17 am

AlphakirA wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
AlphakirA wrote:Please don't spread that pseudo science bull. Oil pulling and 'removing toxins' are just buzzwords to get you to buy things, there's no such thing as either. The only thing that can remove toxins is your liver, not some coconut oil in your mouth.

And for those that are using webmd as a source, the same dentist said "no solid proof that it works" in another publication. Don't waste your money.

There are other ways to improve ones health other than the mainstream allopathic approach.

Fluoride has been proven to be a neurotoxin yet dentists support having it in your toothpaste.

Allow people to do their own research and think for themselves. Dont accuse me of spreading anything, Im simply offering my opinion.

Fluoride doesn't hurt anyone if used as recommended. Doctors also suggest to drink water. What happens if you have too much? You die.

Stop spreading nonsense just because you think it's your 'opinion'. It's not an 'opinion' if it has been proven false by SCIENCE, not some earthy tree hugger website with no source study. I can't say that the sky is peachy purple just because it's 'my opinion'.

And I'm allowing people to do their research by providing credible sources and studies that dispute all the nonsense in this thread so far, if you'd like to provide them with the same service, go ahead, but use credible sources.

Not spreading anything, please dont accuse me of such. It is proven. I personally dont use products with fluoride. It is only one year from being classified as a neurotoxin. It is PROVEN by SCIENCE.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/03/19/best-known-peer-reviewed-medical-journal-officially-classifies-fluoride-as-a-neurotoxin/

http://ecowatch.com/2014/02/20/harvard-fluoride-toxic-children-linked-autism/

Now. Of course they say that in certain amounts it wont be harmful. MY VIEW is that why put a toxin in your body no matter how large the size.
“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

This has been blown out of porportion but lets not act like Fluoride is some healthy additive that can only be beneficial with no accumulated side effects.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#78 » by NY2TheBay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:19 am

duetta wrote:

Yes, nobody can discount personal experience. I havent done much oil pulling but have a friend who said he has healed many oral problems with this method.

Many dont want to accept the fact that this can work especially if they work in the dental or medical field, as it may effect their pocket or it wasnt something that they studied.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#79 » by DrCoach » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:40 am

AlphakirA wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

Thank you, the Internet can be a dangerous thing in the wrong hands.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#80 » by DrCoach » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:48 am

More ignorance in this thread ... Dentists recommend fluoride to REDUCE cavities yet it is a conspiracy against the public so we can make less money because of reduced cavities...SMH

Oh, and now people can judge the character of all Doctors and Healthcare workers too, what Ignorant Obtuse people in here

Return to New York Knicks