ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer League Grades

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dbloc123
Sixth Man
And1: 406

Re: Summer League Grades 

Post#21 » by Dbloc123 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:Porzingis B+
Grant B
Early C+
Ndour C+
Galloway C
Ledo C
Greek Freek C
Everyone else irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Early and Ndour i would give a B, everything else i have the same..
J.R. Smith's last-second whiff left the Knicks with a sixth straight loss. But J.R. would do it again. "I think we went with the best shot," he said.
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#22 » by Daaaarryyl » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Thanasis C-. Huge disappoint.

Should never dribble in public.

:lol:
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Zinger46
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#23 » by Zinger46 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:29 am

Grant A
Porzingis B+
Early B
Ndour B
Galloway C
Antentokunmpo C
Ledo C-
Kirk D
Wear D-
Fisher DSQ
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#24 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:20 am

moocow007 wrote:I don't know...I thought Wear was actually solid. He didn't do anything great and didn't score much but he looked like the one guy out there that consistently knew where to be and what he should and shouldn't be trying to do. He's just not very skilled in any specific area is the problem.

NDour played with a lot of energy and was consistently the most aggressive player out there. He has a nice shooting stroke and he was actually able to put the ball on the floor a little to create some shots. He also did a real nice job in the post clearing space with his jukes and jabs.

Ledo you can tell has talent but he just seems to be an island on his own most of the time. Also what is disconcerting but perhaps follow reputation is that he didn't appear to be in shape. Yes, he has talent, you can see that, but he's not that talented that it allows you to ignore the concerns with his game.

Thanasis looked inconsistent. He has a lot of energy but it was on and off with him all SL. Shouldn't need to have your brother in the stands to do what he did in the last game. He has potential but a lot of it is disjointed potential that I'm not sure will play well within a team concept. Seems to concerned about making the flashy play. Obviously offensive game is still more raw than one would like.

LL played tough and played with a good motor. Nothing really stood out though as he's too thin to be an NBA PF and too slow to be and lacks the skills of an NBA SF. If he was 7'3" then fine, but at 6'9"-6'10", probably not enough for an NBA gig.

Kirk looks like he can do well against half court teams that has a traditional back to the basket and/or beefy bigs but he's going to struggle mightily against any team with speed. He's a plodder is basically what he is...and he's not a particularly tall one. He showed some nice skills (mid range jumper and some passing) but I don't think he's useful enough to take on a roster spot as a 3rd string C. They might as well go with a proven veteran type (like Ryan Hollins).

Other than Porzingis, Grant, Galloway and Early (guys already almost guaranteed a roster spot), no one else was really worth even discussing.

I've said in other posts, I think there's only so many young guys you can try to develop at one time (we would already have 4 in Porzingis, Grant, Galloway and Early) so at most I think we carry one guy on the above list that already aren't considered locks to return. Ndour would be my choice.

For the other 2-3 spots (backup C, bench scoring, SF depth) I'd go with role playing veterans. Winning is still 1 or (at worst) 1A on the priority list. Veterans that know how to play each role would be more condusive to that endeavor.

Agree on Ledo. The guy has talent but he has a bit of an aloof thing going on. He has the talent but sometimes he is a head down and forward, kind of guy. For his cheap contract though, I say allow him to go forward and see what he does (in the triangle). That might be his savior - structure.

I would like us to maintain a relationship with NDour, would love if he goes overseas and improves his game. A year would do him well.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#25 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:04 pm

I don't understand anyone saying Early deserves anything higher than a D-. What exactly are his skills? He's still slow and unsure on defense and offense. Watching the summer league games he slowed the tempo and destroyed the chemistry and passing when he was in the game. Watching Grant N'Dour Zingis move and cut make plays was exciting and whenever Early got the ball it was the offense coming to a screeching halt. So far this guy has shown little NBA ability. Reminds me of Chris Smith.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#26 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Porzingis-B-
Grant-A-
Early-B+
Ndour-B+
Lego-F
Galloway-C-

That's about all I really care about
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#27 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:54 pm

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:I don't understand anyone saying Early deserves anything higher than a D-. What exactly are his skills? He's still slow and unsure on defense and offense. Watching the summer league games he slowed the tempo and destroyed the chemistry and passing when he was in the game. Watching Grant N'Dour Zingis move and cut make plays was exciting and whenever Early got the ball it was the offense coming to a screeching halt. So far this guy has shown little NBA ability. Reminds me of Chris Smith.

Not sure what you saw but Early was active on both sides of the ball and wasn't taking the team out of it's sets. He was flowing right along. Understand, Early was THE leader on his team and he is probably having a huge adjustment just being another number. Luckily, with the triangle, he can once again shine.

That said, he needs to pick it up on defense, he did so in Summer league, good start. The guy is very athletic by the way, nothing like slow. I like the guy and just think he needs time. He was an extremely clutch college player who was the go to man, let's see if he can put it together this year.

Chris Smith? No offense to him but no one deserves that comment.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,740

Post#28 » by Fat » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Kirl with a higher grade than porzingis is quite amusing. Kristaps looked way better even with less mins plAyed
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks