ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#361 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:38 pm

greenhughes wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Yeah you should stop. Cause you threw shade over something real basic. Now go play your Drake...Say it loud and proud.

You're the one throwing shade boo. Just because you're from NY means nothing to this discussion. This is about opinion, not where you are from.

Bumps "Madonna"

I seriously doubt E balla took that as shade.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#362 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:44 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
greenhughes wrote:So you're one of those "I'm from NY" dudes?
Okay.
E-balla, stop trying.

on some G ****. Save the shade Greenie. I only said that cause I been all around the cutlure my whole life being from here. I have been in sessions will many famous rappers, I know how the process goes. E balla kept acting like he schooling me on how it goes down. I was not using it as a one up. I have mad history I dont speak about in here.

Forget the culture I grew up around the industry. The only reason I was acting like that is because you're acting like everyone doesn't do this. Drake probably has a lot of songs where he gets it himself and jumps in the booth immediately. He might have others where he wants to hear someone rap on it first and he'll basically remix it. That's not uncommon. You're making it sound like one of these got released:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6p3bwfjQiE[/youtube]

And if you do know artists use other artists to help them catch their flows at times why is it an issue when Drake does it? I mean my dad is a big Meek fan and he hates Drake and even he told me that he feels the reference tracks mean nothing because he's sure everyone has reference tracks that can be released right now if Meek wants to throw this dude out there like that. But w/e I get that you don't like it no matter who does it but I feel like you're like people in the start of the steroid era that were talking bad on Canseco when EVERYONE was doing it.

who I said I only have a problem with Drake. Your clearly are not reading my posts. I stated I dont care who it is. I am not a fan of it period. Drake is just the main topic here.I come from the Era of ,You write your rhymes in a book,or come off the dome. There is none of this "premade" stuff for you. You making it seem like I have to respect it, cause its being done normally now. I am pretty sure you saw the slaughter house interview, where they said they same thing I am saying. I dont consider Kings as those who get assistance the way Drake does.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,418
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#363 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
on some G ****. Save the shade Greenie. I only said that cause I been all around the cutlure my whole life being from here. I have been in sessions will many famous rappers, I know how the process goes. E balla kept acting like he schooling me on how it goes down. I was not using it as a one up. I have mad history I dont speak about in here.

Forget the culture I grew up around the industry. The only reason I was acting like that is because you're acting like everyone doesn't do this. Drake probably has a lot of songs where he gets it himself and jumps in the booth immediately. He might have others where he wants to hear someone rap on it first and he'll basically remix it. That's not uncommon. You're making it sound like one of these got released:

And if you do know artists use other artists to help them catch their flows at times why is it an issue when Drake does it? I mean my dad is a big Meek fan and he hates Drake and even he told me that he feels the reference tracks mean nothing because he's sure everyone has reference tracks that can be released right now if Meek wants to throw this dude out there like that. But w/e I get that you don't like it no matter who does it but I feel like you're like people in the start of the steroid era that were talking bad on Canseco when EVERYONE was doing it.

who I said I only have a problem with Drake. Your clearly are not reading my posts. I stated I dont care who it is. I am not a fan of it period. Drake is just the main topic here.I come from the Era of ,You write your rhymes in a book,or come off the dome. There is none of this "premade" stuff for you. You making it seem like I have to respect it, cause its being done normally now. I am pretty sure you saw the slaughter house interview, where they said they same thing I am saying. I dont consider Kings as those who get assistance the way Drake does.

I mean I guess that's just what it is. My biggest issue is that Meek is doing this (as is Flex) knowing damn well Meek has reference tracks. If Drake gets a Meek reference track it's over.

EDIT: And by it's I mean Meek's career.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#364 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Man. Meek is Kinda on the downside now. This ended real bad for him. I cant even defend the dude no more. He let Hip Hop down. I know how philly move. They are embarrassed he from there right about now. Also Its the same **** with DRE, I lost mad respect for his skills, when I found out Scott storch was making alot his beats, that he acted like he made. I like Purity, others may not care, but I do. DRE gets called a goat, but had mad assistance from Warren G, Daz and the likes.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#365 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:08 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Man. Meek is Kinda on the downside now. This ended real bad for him. I cant even defend the dude no more. He let Hip Hop down. I know how philly move. They are embarrassed he from there right about now. Also Its the same **** with DRE, I lost mad respect for his skills, when I found out Scott storch was making alot his beats, that he acted like he made. I like Purity, others may not care, but I do. DRE gets called a goat, but had mad assistance from Warren G, Daz and the likes.

I personally know people that have had Dre and even Primo jack their beats. To me that's even worse because the beats are almost always the same with an extra sound effect on them.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#366 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:16 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Man. Meek is Kinda on the downside now. This ended real bad for him. I cant even defend the dude no more. He let Hip Hop down. I know how philly move. They are embarrassed he from there right about now. Also Its the same **** with DRE, I lost mad respect for his skills, when I found out Scott storch was making alot his beats, that he acted like he made. I like Purity, others may not care, but I do. DRE gets called a goat, but had mad assistance from Warren G, Daz and the likes.

I personally know people that have had Dre and even Primo jack their beats. To me that's even worse because the beats are almost always the same with an extra sound effect on them.

noooooooooooooooooooo. not primo.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#367 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:

I know right? ****'s sad...

About as sad as when I found out NY Sh** was a stolen beat given to Busta by DJ Scratch.

About that whole pissed on at the theater thing:
MTO QUESTION: What is up with Drake getting PIZZED on in the movie theater?
ANSWER: I can't believe that Meek brought up that sh*t. We were at [a popular LOS ANGELES THEATER] and the bathroom was crowded, so a bunch of us snuck outside and started pizzing. The manager came out and caught us and everyone ran. When that happened, [ONE OF TI'S HOMIES] accidentally splashed a couple of drops on DRAKE. It was an ACCIDENT and it wasn't NO BEEF. It's actually an inside JOKE that we talk about. [TI'S HOMIE] apologized and it's all good, everyone was cool with it when it happened and there are ZERO feelings over it. Meek is a LAME for bringing that sh*t up.

MTO QUESTION: What about the thing about Drake giving Chris Brown a check to end the beef?
ANSWER: When the [FIGHT AT GREENHOUSE] happened, Chris' friends and his bodyguards got hurt.There were lawyers involved and Drake settled any lawsuit. He didn't just PAY Chris Brown like that. It was lawyers and legal stuff.

MTO QUESTION: Does Drake have a GHOST WRITER?
ANSWER: Drake writes his sh*t. He has people around that will help him tighten a verse, or a hook but he writes his own sh*t. And he pays everyone that he collabs with WELL. Everyone in hip hop does this.

Not linking to MTO though because f**k em.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,464

Post#368 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocGhLuM3yqs&sns=em[/youtube]

:lol:
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#369 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Fat Kat wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocGhLuM3yqs&sns=em[/youtube]

:lol:

What's up with the not cursing...
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#370 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:49 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I personally know people that have had Dre and even Primo jack their beats. To me that's even worse because the beats are almost always the same with an extra sound effect on them.

I know right? ****'s sad...

About as sad as when I found out NY Sh** was a stolen beat given to Busta by DJ Scratch.

About that whole pissed on at the theater thing:
MTO QUESTION: What is up with Drake getting PIZZED on in the movie theater?
ANSWER: I can't believe that Meek brought up that sh*t. We were at [a popular LOS ANGELES THEATER] and the bathroom was crowded, so a bunch of us snuck outside and started pizzing. The manager came out and caught us and everyone ran. When that happened, [ONE OF TI'S HOMIES] accidentally splashed a couple of drops on DRAKE. It was an ACCIDENT and it wasn't NO BEEF. It's actually an inside JOKE that we talk about. [TI'S HOMIE] apologized and it's all good, everyone was cool with it when it happened and there are ZERO feelings over it. Meek is a LAME for bringing that sh*t up.

MTO QUESTION: What about the thing about Drake giving Chris Brown a check to end the beef?
ANSWER: When the [FIGHT AT GREENHOUSE] happened, Chris' friends and his bodyguards got hurt.There were lawyers involved and Drake settled any lawsuit. He didn't just PAY Chris Brown like that. It was lawyers and legal stuff.

MTO QUESTION: Does Drake have a GHOST WRITER?
ANSWER: Drake writes his sh*t. He has people around that will help him tighten a verse, or a hook but he writes his own sh*t. And he pays everyone that he collabs with WELL. Everyone in hip hop does this.

Not linking to MTO though because f**k em.

I just really don't understand how many times people have to post other people saying Drake doesn't have ghostwriters before people get it through their skulls that Drake writes his own chit. Meek is doing that thing where a dude tells all his boys he fuqed a chick (Drake has ghostwriters) but really they made out in a bed and he might have gotten a feel of the coochie but, passed out because he was too drunk or something like that. (Reference Tracks) Meek coming off as such a petty fraud.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#371 » by 2Mas » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:08 pm

kane2021 wrote:First of all, its bad enough dudes beefing on social media. Takes the dude forever to respond,... and he comes with a promo joint.

News flash. You not selling these records. You putting them on the internet for free. Whats with the promo? What are you building up? Neither dude is that nice nor getting paid off these free tracks. You really going to do a promo track to a diss track you obviously dont have, for a beef you you started and now have no chance of finishing?

First meek mill song I ever heard is a promo. lol. Im through.

:lol: That's what I don't get. Meek swears he's such a thug but yet he's tight cause Drake didn't promo his album? :lol: :lol:

Then Drake drops a pretty good track, Meek takes almost a week for some straight garbage? Listened to the first min + & cut it off, cause I knew it was over.

This whole thing is soft as hell. At least drake didn't say nothing, dropped his track & he's playing the beef. But Meek? lol come on man.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#372 » by Greenie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Forget the culture I grew up around the industry. The only reason I was acting like that is because you're acting like everyone doesn't do this. Drake probably has a lot of songs where he gets it himself and jumps in the booth immediately. He might have others where he wants to hear someone rap on it first and he'll basically remix it. That's not uncommon. You're making it sound like one of these got released:

I mean I guess that's just what it is. My biggest issue is that Meek is doing this (as is Flex) knowing damn well Meek has reference tracks. If Drake gets a Meek reference track it's over.

EDIT: And by it's I mean Meek's career.

Yep. Last year his ass was on Twitter getting aired out by Louie V Gutta...

Meek is a bitch.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,491

Post#373 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

So in terms of battle rap body bags where does this fall? Seems like Meek has no chance to recover and even though Drake didn't drop an Ether level diss, the impact is probably similar to Ether and Nail in the Coffin in terms of everyone saying a rapper who picked the fight has been bodied.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#374 » by Greenie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Meek is making Nicki look bad...
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#375 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:22 pm

j4remi wrote:So in terms of battle rap body bags where does this fall? Seems like Meek has no chance to recover and even though Drake didn't drop an Ether level diss, the impact is probably similar to Ether and Nail in the Coffin in terms of everyone saying a rapper who picked the fight has been bodied.

Nail In The Coffin? Benzino ain't a rapper...

Drake's track didn't have an Ether impact at all. Meek's weak response was all the Ether needed. This might be the first case of a rapper responding to a diss and taking a bigger L than if he hadn't responded at all and it's from the guy that started the beef.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#376 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 pm

according to meek's peoples, he coming with another one. They are claiming this was his "intro"
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#377 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:29 pm

E-Balla wrote:
j4remi wrote:So in terms of battle rap body bags where does this fall? Seems like Meek has no chance to recover and even though Drake didn't drop an Ether level diss, the impact is probably similar to Ether and Nail in the Coffin in terms of everyone saying a rapper who picked the fight has been bodied.

Nail In The Coffin? Benzino ain't a rapper...

Drake's track didn't have an Ether impact at all. Meek's weak response was all the Ether needed. This might be the first case of a rapper responding to a diss and taking a bigger L than if he hadn't responded at all and it's from the guy that started the beef.

I'm pretty sure you get what I meant...How big of an L is this? Is it on par with the L's that Jay and Benzino took? Does it fall somewhere else on the margins like Cube taking the clear L to Common but not being very much affected? K-Solo's L to DMX that was pretty much all about the exposure and almost not at all on wax?

When people talk about this beef, what will the comparison be? I think this is already reaching Ether levels of fan reactions.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#378 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:according to meek's peoples, he coming with another one. They are claiming this was his "intro"

I think it's too late. He took too long to drop the "intro" let alone the next one, so I don't know that people will give much slack on it. Though if he comes with something incredible maybe he still recovers, just doubtful at this point.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#379 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:37 pm

j4remi wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:according to meek's peoples, he coming with another one. They are claiming this was his "intro"

I think it's too late. He took too long to drop the "intro" let alone the next one, so I don't know that people will give much slack on it. Though if he comes with something incredible maybe he still recovers, just doubtful at this point.

Yep the time for an Intro was 5 days ago. If he released this to Charged Up he wouldn't be getting roasted right now.

And I think this is more comparable to how 50 came at Ja Rule with this being a homeless man's Clap Back. I still have no idea how he let Drake become the aggressor...
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#380 » by CoolKids » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Only gonna make him look weaker. This is over with far as Im concerned

Return to New York Knicks