ImageImageImageImageImage

Film Study: Porzingis teases potential on D

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,076

Film Study: Porzingis teases potential on D 

Post#1 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:26 am

great article about his defense. check it out http://www.sportal.com.au/nba/new-york-knicks-defense-kristaps-porzingis-robin-lopez/13g8en3vo5eu418ureijnvkrfn

“I think people will test him because he doesn’t look intimidating (physically),” Fisher said. “But I think as he learns how to play against different guys—a big part of being successful in this business is knowing your opponent—so he’ll start to understand how guys are attacking him.”
It was fascinating to watch Porzingis position himself on the defensive end, and try to decipher how plays were going to develop.
He seemed overeager to drift out to the arc at times, and was punished for leaving the ground in instances where he perhaps could have established his presence.
Porzingis will have to learn to trust his primary assets—the most obvious being jaw-dropping length—and rely on the fact that opponents will have difficulty trying to navigate their way through his parade of limbs.
“I’ve just got to be ready. Staying low, having a good base, be ready for guys coming at me… Contact, drawing fouls,” he said. “I’ve just got to go up straight without turning my body so they can’t draw fouls on me.”
Being tempted to reach and moments of misguided enthusiasm resulted in him fouling at a rate of 7.4 per 36 minutes during Summer League.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Re: Film Study: Porzingis teases potential on D 

Post#2 » by BallSacBounce » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:56 am

Sigh, I'm all fapped out on his SL. I need some new material.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#3 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:24 am

Yeah, so it's going to take some time. He's got to learn the league. He's got to gain strength. And he's got to develop good footwork. "See the ball, see the man." Hopefully, he's a "learner" and will develop quickly.
Free Palestine
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#4 » by nykfan42 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Shut the haters up and that hipster kid that took too many selfies of himself after we drafted KP.
Make the Knicks great again!
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#5 » by Side beard » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:39 pm

nykfan42 wrote:
Shut the haters up and that hipster kid that took too many selfies of himself after we drafted KP.

That little kid traumatized die hard knicks fans or what?
nykfan42
Head Coach

Post#6 » by nykfan42 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Side beard wrote:
nykfan42 wrote:

I wouldn't say traumatized. More annoyed. The kid got famous and the media outlets that hate us loved it. That baby hipster probably had like 20 takes on that pic. I hate the selfie era. I sound old but that kid is a clown.
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#7 » by Side beard » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:32 pm

nykfan42 wrote:
Side beard wrote:
nykfan42 wrote:

I wouldn't say traumatized. More annoyed. The kid got famous and the media outlets that hate us loved it. That baby hipster probably had like 20 takes on that pic. I hate the selfie era. I sound old but that kid is a clown.

Are you having nightmares about him? Do you wish to talk about it?
nykfan42
Head Coach

Post#8 » by nykfan42 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Side beard wrote:
nykfan42 wrote:
Side beard wrote:That little kid traumatized die hard knicks fans or what?

Are you having nightmares about him? Do you wish to talk about it?

Haha nah I'm just expressing my discontent with that kid. Yeah I hate him, that's all. It's idiots like him, while he probably doesn't know any better, that make us Knicks fans look stupid.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#9 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm

I love that KP was blocking shots and showing EFFORT on the defensive end. That's the shyt that will translate to the NBA. Now if he can channel some of that effort into grabbing some boards (which I think he will)
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]

Return to New York Knicks