ImageImageImageImageImage

Best All Time New York Knicks starting lineup

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Re: Best All Time New York Knicks starting lineup 

Post#101 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Did Brian Quinnett make anyone's roster?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#102 » by moocow007 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Did Brian Quinnett make anyone's roster?

Yes, the Lampang Agile Gibbons of the TBA (Thai Basketball Association).
KnickMan
Pro Prospect
And1: 204

Post#103 » by KnickMan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Quadruple H wrote:
KnickMan wrote:
Quadruple H wrote:PG- Clyde
SG - Allan Houston
SF - King
PF - Reed
C - Ewing

1 - I know Reed played more at C, but at only 6'9" I don't see why he couldn't bring rebounding and toughness at the 4 spot.

2 - Most guys would put Monroe at the SG, which is probably fair, even tho their scoring stats are not too far apart at all... but I would put Houston (because he's my all time fav player, of course. And...) because if for no other reason you need to space the floor in todays game. There's not much shooting in that line up at all, and Houston had one of the all time most beautiful jumpers.

Houston may have been your all time favorite player but Latrell Sprewell was a much better all around player especially on the defense end. No way Houston should start before him. You said there was not much shooting in that line up? I understand your point about todays game but King and Clyde were both excellent outside shooters and Sprewell didn't suck either. Did they have the range of Houston, no but they all could also shoot off the dribble, catch and shoot and also create their own shot. Spre was excellent passer as well. Defensively, teams would have a hard time against the likes of those two in the backcourt. I liked Houston too but he has to come off the bench.

Lets not forget that Ewing was one of the best jump shooting true big men in the history of the league.

Well for one I am quick to admit my bias. But to retort your points, King was never even a decent 3 point shooter, nevermind excellent. The stats are pretty clear on that one. There was no 3 point line when Clyde played, and I've only seen so much of his actual in game play, but I don't think he was quite the excellent knockdown shooter in the way you're talking about.

Latrell was definitely a better defender, but I wouldnt say "much better all around player" On offense he was a bit of a black hole and inconsistent/ineffecient. Houston scored more within the flow and with generally higher percentages.

I take it you are kind of young and there is nothing wrong with that. I watched Frazier play and he could shoot with the best of them; he was just a very team first player and made sure he got the ball to other players if they were open. Since there was no 3 point shot back then, we will never know about his 3 point shooting. He was one of the best off the dibble shooters I have ever seen. King may not have been a great 3 point shooter (he was decent) but he was one of the best scorers of his or any other generation. He routinely went up against the Julius Ervings of the world and would drop 30 points as soon as look at them. He had NO FEAR of any player regardless of rep. If I am putting together a greatest Knick team of all time there is no way King can be left off. I do like Allan Houston but Latrell was a better player than him. I don't know how any one can argue that point; he was a very good passer as well. I don't know where you are getting this black hole idea from, if you look at his entire career. On the defensive side of the ball it wasn't even close.
"Tier 1 Asset Accumulation"
http://www.greatfinancialoptions.com
the91ser
Junior
And1: 10

Post#104 » by the91ser » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:16 pm

i was born in 86 so ill just go by knicks ive watched play

steph
h20
spree
lee
patrick

i left out melo because im fundamentally opposed to him as a player and im just waiting patiently for his contract to expire so we can get on to a winning path.
the knicks =/

Return to New York Knicks