ImageImageImageImageImage

Send Porzingis to the D-League?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,431

Re: Send Porzingis to the D-League? 

Post#61 » by JXL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:43 pm

moocow007 wrote:As has been said...

1. Porzingis isn't as raw as some seem to think.
2. If the goal is to try to get him to become comfortable with NBA size, NBA pace and NBA talent, why would you want to send him to the D-League where you have unskilled plodding centers, 6'7" power forwards who he can dance around...aka not the type of guys that you need him to be able to play against.
3. Stop buying into cliches.

It's called "Knicks fans vs. the media". Anything for click-bait without proper analysis.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#62 » by moocow007 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:52 pm

JXL wrote:
moocow007 wrote:As has been said...

1. Porzingis isn't as raw as some seem to think.
2. If the goal is to try to get him to become comfortable with NBA size, NBA pace and NBA talent, why would you want to send him to the D-League where you have unskilled plodding centers, 6'7" power forwards who he can dance around...aka not the type of guys that you need him to be able to play against.
3. Stop buying into cliches.

It's called "Knicks fans vs. the media". Anything for click-bait without proper analysis.

Yep.
New York Knick
Junior
And1: 114

Post#63 » by New York Knick » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:33 pm

I rather send you to the ban!
PG - Jerian Grant/Galloway
SG - Arron Afflalo/Vujacic
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Williams
PF - Kristaps Porzingis/O'Quinn
C - Robin Lopez/Admundson

Projected record: 42-40 :cheesygrin:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#64 » by BKlutch » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:54 am

I've seen more thoughtful and skilled analysis on this board than I seen from three or four of the most notorious sports analysts in the last season. It seems all you need to do to get published is to say something shocking, no matter how far from the truth it is. By they way, did you all hear the rumor that KP is not really Latvian? Can you prove he wasn't born in Russia and is really a 30 years old washed up center from an obscure league in Siberia?

I'll bet that would get its fair amount of clicks, too. But it really about as accurate as the article we're responding to here. Geez.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

fresko024
Veteran
And1: 459

Post#65 » by fresko024 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:23 am

Hell no. This isn't some second round pick.
Did Toney Douglas ever play in the D league?
Romans 8:1-4
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#66 » by TheBigBoss » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:52 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Too bad we can't send reporters and beat writers to the dleague

There is a dleague for reporters, its called ESPN
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Post#67 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:00 am

Send Porzingis to the D-League?

Free Palestine
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#68 » by MrProb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:28 am

GONYK wrote:Send a kid who has been producing in a league better than the D-League for 2 years now to the D-League?

This +1,000

Seriously the kid played in Euro League and La Liga both are one of the best leagues in the world, the f*ck is this guy thinking? I dunno..

And I personally don't think the Media nor the fans could kill him, I believe he has the mental fortitude, right attitude, motivation and smart enough to not let those things have any effect on his future.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#69 » by N Y K » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:04 am

I wish someone hit him with...

BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#70 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:09 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Porzingis has no business being sent down to the d-league, but I can see Bustise Winslow spending some time down there real soon...thank God Phil chose Porzingis over him

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bustise Winslow??
You made that up??
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,271

Post#71 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:10 am

BKlutch wrote:I've seen more thoughtful and skilled analysis on this board than I seen from three or four of the most notorious sports analysts in the last season. It seems all you need to do to get published is to say something shocking, no matter how far from the truth it is. By they way, did you all hear the rumor that KP is not really Latvian? Can you prove he wasn't born in Russia and is really a 30 years old washed up center from an obscure league in Siberia?

I'll bet that would get its fair amount of clicks, too. But it really about as accurate as the article we're responding to here. Geez.

He's Kenyan
ImageImageImage
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#72 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:23 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Porzingis has no business being sent down to the d-league, but I can see Bustise Winslow spending some time down there real soon...thank God Phil chose Porzingis over him

Bustise Winslow??
You made that up??

Lol ya...I honestly can't stand Winslow, I have no love at all for him
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#73 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:27 am

The Knicks have barely 9-10 NBA level guys, including Porzingis, how are we going to send him to the dleague? if anything he should start.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#74 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:How about we just play him 20-25 mpg until he proves that he can handle more? Lol at sending a #4 overall pick to the D-league

Agreed. Dumb point by writer. Why do people act like Porzingis is the only big who came into league skinny? Lmao. He'll get stronger. But the rest of his game is ahead of his body right now and he just played in a league that was much more competitive than d league. I am confident Porzingis can help this team from day one even with strength disadvantage, he just needs to be brought along that's all.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
VantumNoir
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#75 » by VantumNoir » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:44 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
VantumNoir wrote:Can we please kill this Porzingis needs to gain muscle and weight agenda olease because that will only lead to him getting hurt like Amare. One of the traits Porz was showing in SL was his ability to adapt on the floor. This kid won't get bullied for the whole game. He'll learn and adapt and he needs to learn and adapt in the NBA and not the D-League. You don't send a lottery pick to the D-League.

The more games he plays where he is found under the basket against Dwight, Jahlil, Lamarcus, Love, etc. the more skilled he will become. If we see this is a player who makes his own personal adjustments then we know this is a guy who when the Rockets come to town will know exactly what he needs to do to make Dwight uncomfortable.

The weight training is barely a factor in his development. What he needs to do more is develop a solid glass game where he can grab boards and just get comfortable playing in the league.

Also lets keep in mind he will be second team in scrimmage so he'll be getting bullied by Rolo, KJ, and Melo so he will be improving from within.

Really? How is he supposed to develop a solid glass game without gaining muscle and weight? It wasn't a fluke that he only averaged like 3 rpg in summer league. Also, he couldn't post up anyone. Gaining weight and strength should be priority #1.

Theres more to developing a post game than simply gaining weight and muscle. If anything he needs to add 5 pounds of muscle and he'll be fine. I don't see that as important as knowing your opponents and knowing what moves on offense and defense will fluster them because Okafor was working him in their SL game and he made thise adjustments and completely flustered him second half.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#76 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:55 pm

VantumNoir wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
VantumNoir wrote:Can we please kill this Porzingis needs to gain muscle and weight agenda olease because that will only lead to him getting hurt like Amare. One of the traits Porz was showing in SL was his ability to adapt on the floor. This kid won't get bullied for the whole game. He'll learn and adapt and he needs to learn and adapt in the NBA and not the D-League. You don't send a lottery pick to the D-League.

The more games he plays where he is found under the basket against Dwight, Jahlil, Lamarcus, Love, etc. the more skilled he will become. If we see this is a player who makes his own personal adjustments then we know this is a guy who when the Rockets come to town will know exactly what he needs to do to make Dwight uncomfortable.

The weight training is barely a factor in his development. What he needs to do more is develop a solid glass game where he can grab boards and just get comfortable playing in the league.

Also lets keep in mind he will be second team in scrimmage so he'll be getting bullied by Rolo, KJ, and Melo so he will be improving from within.

Really? How is he supposed to develop a solid glass game without gaining muscle and weight? It wasn't a fluke that he only averaged like 3 rpg in summer league. Also, he couldn't post up anyone. Gaining weight and strength should be priority #1.

Theres more to developing a post game than simply gaining weight and muscle. If anything he needs to add 5 pounds of muscle and he'll be fine. I don't see that as important as knowing your opponents and knowing what moves on offense and defense will fluster them because Okafor was working him in their SL game and he made thise adjustments and completely flustered him second half.

He couldn't drive on defenders because he was too weak and even D'Angelo Russell trucked him while driving to the rim and finished. He needs to gain weight. One good half against another rookie doesn't change that because what if Okafor adjusted and decided to just bully him instead of showing off his finesse? The best rookie defender I've ever seen in Nerlens Noel and he played Dwight a few times limiting his touches and forcing about 4 turnovers but outside of that Dwight ran over him multiple times for easy buckets and to clear room or get boards. Porzingis cannot defend inside or drive to the rim without gaining a lot more weight.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#77 » by GONYK » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:08 pm

VantumNoir wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

He needs way more than 5 lbs on muscle to hold his position on both ends
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#78 » by BKlutch » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I've seen more thoughtful and skilled analysis on this board than I seen from three or four of the most notorious sports analysts in the last season. It seems all you need to do to get published is to say something shocking, no matter how far from the truth it is. By they way, did you all hear the rumor that KP is not really Latvian? Can you prove he wasn't born in Russia and is really a 30 years old washed up center from an obscure league in Siberia?

He's Kenyan

LOL

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#79 » by el13adnino » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:31 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:

Bustise Winslow??
You made that up??

Lol ya...I honestly can't stand Winslow, I have no love at all for him

go over to the heat forums, you'll get a laugh
:crazy:
brooklynoxy
Senior
And1: 121

Post#80 » by brooklynoxy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Taken it real easy when a couple of marshmallowy soft ESPN snots have too much creamy whip jammed into their useless bodies:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZONUYLzlfY[/youtube]

[size=150]I'm not going to D League, Mr. Jackson. You told me that since I did not sign a contract[, I didn't have to go...And Another thing. Why was Mo allowed to wear his semi-uniform which looked like that lady who helped those prisoners escape—that would never happen in Latvia....I think I am gonna Cry, Mr. Jackson, Sir. This diaper huts my growing belly...Sniffle, AHHH! SYOP IT...YOU'LL DROP ME ON MY LITTLE HEAD AND KILL MY CAREER!!!!!!/size]
"You have to respect your coach. I know LeBron's a great player, but I think he stepped over the line." Walt "Clyde" Frazier

Return to New York Knicks