ImageImageImageImageImage

Double A embracing a leadership role...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

CleanChain
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Double A embracing a leadership role... 

Post#81 » by CleanChain » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:47 pm

BKlutch wrote:
CleanChain wrote:
New York Knick wrote:
Agree. Is Robin Lopez our best center since Ewing as well?

You put Lopez above Tyson in his prime?

Maybe he was't our center in his prime.

I give you that. But even semi past his prime chandler still has to be better if not equal to a 2015 robin
PG : Rondo/Grant
SG : Derozan/Shumpert
SF : James/Early
PF : Griffin/Porzingis
C : Robin/Cauley stein

Dream team...
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#82 » by Carl_Karlson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:51 pm

stuporman wrote:I invented a term for Tyson, too..... vaginal spacing... because he's a big pussy.

He's going to mentor Loose Labia eventually
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#83 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:59 pm

He wasn't when he played for us.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#84 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:54 am

New York Knick wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
New York Knick wrote:

In other words, I am right. RoLo is probably our best center since Ewing. Whew, talking about going full-circle.

Tyson Chandler in NY was our best center since Ewing. Rolo has done nothing in his career to suggest he will be as good as Tyson, let alone be in the same sentence as Ewing. Camby for the 5 minutes we had him after Ewing was also better than Rolo. Kurt Thomas, almost an all-star, also better than Rolo is projected to be. Eddy "fatness" Curry also had a season Rolo can only dream about for one season before he went stay-puft on our team. I would say Nazr Mohammad was on par with Robin Lopez, which is not a slight since Nazr won a ring as a Spur, I believe as a starter.

Robin Lopez is a fine stop-gap center. He is likely in that 16-20 range league wide in centers and he will have a great impact on the team. Best center since Ewing, he is not.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
New York Knick
Junior
And1: 114

Post#85 » by New York Knick » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:01 am

CleanChain wrote:
New York Knick wrote:
EL CABRITO wrote:Is it me or is AA the best 2 we've had since H20????

Tyson was probably my favorite player at the time due to his fire and desire but Robin seems vastly superior offesively due to his ability to drive/draw the foul and shooting. And someone on the Knick board said he is at least as good as Tyson on defense being better able to hold his man.
PG - Jerian Grant/Galloway
SG - Arron Afflalo/Vujacic
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Williams
PF - Kristaps Porzingis/O'Quinn
C - Robin Lopez/Admundson

Projected record: 42-40 :cheesygrin:
New York Knick
Junior
And1: 114

Post#86 » by New York Knick » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:02 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Tyson Chandler in NY was our best center since Ewing. Rolo has done nothing in his career to suggest he will be as good as Tyson, let alone be in the same sentence as Ewing. Camby for the 5 minutes we had him after Ewing was also better than Rolo. Kurt Thomas, almost an all-star, also better than Rolo is projected to be. Eddy "fatness" Curry also had a season Rolo can only dream about for one season before he went stay-puft on our team. I would say Nazr Mohammad was on par with Robin Lopez, which is not a slight since Nazr won a ring as a Spur, I believe as a starter.

First off,

1. If you put all of Robin's defense into one jockstrap, Curry would not be able to hold it
2. Fbluck Nazr Mohammad, even though I wanted him back on the Knicks when he was bouncing around like a ding-bat
3. I forgot about Kurt Thomas and did we really have Camby for 5 minutes after Ewing?
4. I really feel like Robin is going to have a huge impact. Can you just imagine the crowd erupting as our orange haired giant makes a big play and transitions down the court? Knickgasmic!
5. I had a couple of shots of some fine French grape juice.
PG - Jerian Grant/Galloway
SG - Arron Afflalo/Vujacic
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Williams
PF - Kristaps Porzingis/O'Quinn
C - Robin Lopez/Admundson

Projected record: 42-40 :cheesygrin:
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,356

Post#87 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:09 am

Capn'O wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:How many ppg is too much to expect from A Double? 18-20?

Yes. I would say that's too much. I'm hoping for 15 ppg.

yea give me nice D everynight and 15/5 on 35-40% from three. Anything more would be a plus
im bout dat action boss
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,356

Post#88 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:14 am

New York Knick wrote:
CleanChain wrote:
New York Knick wrote:

Tyson was probably my favorite player at the time due to his fire and desire but Robin seems vastly superior offesively due to his ability to drive/draw the foul and shooting. And someone on the Knick board said he is at least as good as Tyson on defense being better able to hold his man.

the thing on defense for both guys, tyson is more atheltic, when RoLo has better feet.. so it kinda zeroes out. I could give prime Tyson the edge for his passion and abillity to fire up his team with a big block or lob. But to be honest overall Tyson basically had no offensive game at all. They are pretty even i think

//Edit

fk me.. double post, sorry for that
im bout dat action boss
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#89 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:37 am

New York Knick wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

First off,

1. If you put all of Robin's defense into one jockstrap, Curry would not be able to hold it
2. Fbluck Nazr Mohammad, even though I wanted him back on the Knicks when he was bouncing around like a ding-bat
3. I forgot about Kurt Thomas and did we really have Camby for 5 minutes after Ewing?
4. I really feel like Robin is going to have a huge impact. Can you just imagine the crowd erupting as our orange haired giant makes a big play and transitions down the court? Knickgasmic!
5. I had a couple of shots of some fine French grape juice.[/quote]

all forgiven!!
I really do hope the best for RoLo here. I think he will be a crowd favorite here like he was in Portland. He doesn't need to be Ewing, he just has to hold down the middle for 4 years. he and AA will make good reliable pieces for others to play around.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#90 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:50 pm

i expect lopez to get more touches in the post so we'll probably see double digit scoring from him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks