ImageImageImageImageImage

Game thread (ish...?) Schedule release

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Crackerjack465
Senior
And1: 673

Re: Game thread (ish...?) Schedule release 

Post#101 » by Crackerjack465 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Kristpas getting tested early with games vs Milsap, Aldridge, Nene, Love

I'm excited for that Love matchup
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#102 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
You don't want him, but I read somewhere that Phil would have taken Okafor with the top pick. As much as you may like KP, I would have taken Towns or Okafor before him. Knicks fans might not want to admit it, but I doubt KP was their top choice in the draft, even today. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he wouldn't have been my top pick, but he's a good pick at 4. The NFL gives EASIER schedule to non-playoff teams every season, not a better schedule .

I agree with the schedule, but falling to 4 was the best thing that ever happens to us. Okafor has a lower upside than KP, and he has already been involved in a scandal.http://thesource.com/2015/06/29/just-four-days-into-his-nba-career-jahlil-okafors-got-his-first-scandal/

KP also has seems to have a better drive, and has handless the media better than Okafor.

LOL, I really hope you are right about KP's upside. last time I checked, KP is still having problems gaining his first pound. :lol:
I believe if Okafor develop a mid-range jumper and improve his free throw percentage to mid 70, he will be the best big man in the game.

Pussy problem is the best problem to have... :lol: 8-)

KP is not "having trouble gaining his first pound." He doesn't want to be fat, he wants and needs muscle. After the draft, he's been a little busy. SL, traveling home to move his life to NYC, joining his new team. The Knicks have people to help him with strength and conditioning, and if their regimen doesn't work, I'd agree he's having trouble gaining weight. Until that starts, why go negative.

I hope you don't have trolling tendencies.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#103 » by Yankeeknickfan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 pm

KP's only "what if" is if he could gain strength. Okafor has more "what if's".
Imageceltics
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#104 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:19 pm

greenhughes wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:No team in the east should be bitching about the schedule.

Thank you.
Boss, they already forgot we were the second worse team last year. They forgot.

That team is gone. This is a new team. It has the same Galloway, but now it also has Melo, and 8 new guys. So how does last year affect us this year?

If you count KP, the starting lineup will have:
Calderone (new to us, as he was injured before) or Grant (new)
Afflalo (new)
Melo (healthy, returning, a new experience compared to last year)
KP (new)
RoLo (new)

AND the bench is new. Now we have Gallo as a guard off the bench (before, we used him for big minutes all game long every game as our #1 guard). We have King O'Queens (new). We have etc. etc. ... you get the idea.

And we DON"T have: JR ****, Shump, or .... B A R G S! (complete negative Nancy sack o' schit).

So how does last year affect us this year?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#105 » by TheBigBoss » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Crackerjack465 wrote:Kristpas getting tested early with games vs Milsap, Aldridge, Nene, Love

I'm excited for that Love matchup

6taps is gonna murk that boy!
Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#106 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:09 pm

BKlutch wrote:
greenhughes wrote:

Thank you.

That team is gone. This is a new team. It has the same Galloway, but now it also has Melo, and 8 new guys. So how does last year affect us this year?

Afflalo (new)
KP (new)
RoLo (new)

AND the bench is new. Now we have Gallo as a guard off the bench (before, we used him for big minutes all game long every game as our #1 guard). We have King O'Queens (new). We have etc. etc. ... you get the idea.

And we DON"T have: JR ****, Shump, or .... B A R G S! (complete negative Nancy sack o' schit).

totally agree. I could easily see us going 4&1 or 3&2 through our first 5 games.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#107 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:40 pm

BKlutch wrote:
greenhughes wrote:

Thank you.

Afflalo (new)
KP (new)
RoLo (new)

What are you on?

All those new players need to mesh. Stop acting as if you brought stars in...you didn't.

Jose had been sucking for years now, last year was not a hickup....he's projected yo be our starting PG AGAIN this year.

I put no stock into ROOKIES. They are unproven and need time to develop.

Melo is coming off injury.

Fans with your mindset lose it when the team sputters because they wear homer glasses.
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#108 » by Hijinks » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Zooropa wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
Zooropa wrote:Live on NBATV.

We're opening on TNT at home against Atlanta. I like it.

Any TNT games Knicks have I hate, cause they don't air the game on MSG. I wanna shoot myself hearing those idiots trash the Knicks.

They weren't saying sh*t during last year's TNT opener.

well, they were rambling about the triangle and the non existence of it during the opener a lot. like a lot! "that's not part of the triangle, hehehehehehe!"
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#109 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 pm

greenhughes wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
greenhughes wrote:Thank you.

Afflalo (new)
KP (new)
RoLo (new)

What are you on?

All those new players need to mesh. Stop acting as if you brought stars in...you didn't.

Jose had been sucking for years now, last year was not a hickup....he's projected yo be our starting PG AGAIN this year.

I put no stock into ROOKIES. They are unproven and need time to develop.

Melo is coming off injury.

Fans with your mindset lose it when the team sputters because they wear homer glasses.

Sure, they need to mesh. That's why these particular players were chosen. Phil has a good handle on this. He says Calderon should play better, because he was bothered all year by the Achilles. So who am I to say differently, until or unless I see it on the court? The rookies will need time to reach their potential. But each will still contribute valuable minutes this year. As compared to TH Jr and Shane, etc.

Don't forget, what I wrote was just about this year. In 2016-17, we may need only 1 or 2 really good pieces to contend. I understand this is all unproven, but I also believe that our plan is for more than a year. I also believe we will play nothing like we did last year - the offense, the defense, the teamwork, hustle, etc. All will be better. We may not be a contender this year, but we won't be last year's sorry 17 win team.

This doesn't make me a homer.

This makes me a fan.

Greenie
RealGM

Post#110 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 pm

How much do you wanna bet this board will lose their collective minds when this team sputters out the gate?

Calm down.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#111 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:00 pm

greenhughes wrote:How much do you wanna bet this board will lose their collective minds when this team sputters out the gate?

Calm down.

Haha. That's really the issue. I'm afraid this board get's excited to the point of near insanity from something as small as Stephen A. saying our draft pick stinks. Nah, I wouldn't bet against this board showing a little lunacy.

After decades of wandering in the desert of despair and not reaching the promised land of the finals, no one should be surprised if true Knicks fans lose it when their team screws up.

NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#112 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:02 pm

greenhughes wrote:How much do you wanna bet this board will lose their collective minds when this team sputters out the gate?

Calm down.

I'm thinking the exact same thing...it's all good until we hit that 1st 5 game losing streak.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#113 » by Yankeeknickfan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Calm down.

Sometime during this stretch, we will become crazy

Saturday...... 31.. at Washington..... 7:00 p.m.

Nov. Monday........... 2.. vs. San Antonio..... 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday..... 4.. at Cleveland........ 8:00 p.m.

Friday.............. 6.. vs. Milwaukee........ 7:30 p.m.

Sunday............ 8.. vs. L.A. Lakers....... 3:30 p.m.

Tuesday....... 10.. at Toronto............ 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday.. 11.. at Charlotte......... 7:00 p.m.

Friday............ 13.. vs. Cleveland.......... 7:30 p.m.

Sunday.......... 15.. vs. New Orleans............ noon

Tuesday........ 17.. vs. Charlotte.......... 7:30 p.m.

Friday........... 20.. at Oklahoma City 8:00 p.m.

Saturday...... 21.. at Houston........... 8:00 p.m.
Imageceltics
Greenie
RealGM

Post#114 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:12 pm

BKlutch wrote:

Calm down.

Haha. That's really the issue. I'm afraid this board get's excited to the point of near insanity from something as small as Stephen A. saying our draft pick stinks. Nah, I wouldn't bet against this board showing a little lunacy.

After decades of wandering in the desert of despair and not reaching the promised land of the finals, no one should be surprised if true Knicks fans lose it when their team screws up.

I'm saying we do it to ourselves. You don't go from 17 wins to legit in 1 year. I don't care who you bring in. We've seen players come here and not perform, we've seen rookies bust, we've seen players never return to form after injury this group is not exempt from the possibility.

Temper expectations is all I'm saying. Fans are mad at the damn schedule as if we are a playoff team being done wrong. We won 17 games last year. We must work for everything. We are considered an easy team to beat. We are the break for the playoff teams in the eyes of the schedule makers. What's so hard to understand for fans?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#115 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:21 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

Calm down.

I'm thinking the exact same thing...it's all good until we hit that 1st 5 game losing streak.

and that's what pisses me off. Just chill and stop jumping out the damn window on expectations. Expect the team to be better....but understand there are variables. Everyone is assuming all sh*t goes correctly. LOL
Pjax4Prez
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#116 » by Pjax4Prez » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Hijinks wrote:
Zooropa wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:
Any TNT games Knicks have I hate, cause they don't air the game on MSG. I wanna shoot myself hearing those idiots trash the Knicks.

They weren't saying sh*t during last year's TNT opener.

well, they were rambling about the triangle and the non existence of it during the opener a lot. like a lot! "that's not part of the triangle, hehehehehehe!"

I still remember that commentary from that game.

I can't stand Reggie Miller. "Where's the triangle?, this looks like the offense from last year"
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,509

Post#117 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Fans typically root for their team ardently and enthusiastically. That's kind of what being a fan is about. Tempering expectations aren't fun, and are only encouraged to leverage silly internet arguments. Have fun people. 82-0 here we come.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Greenie
RealGM

Post#118 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Fans typically root for their team ardently and enthusiastically. That's kind of what being a fan is about. Tempering expectations aren't fun, and are only encouraged to leverage silly internet arguments. Have fun people. 82-0 here we come.

K.

82-0

We betta not fuq it up.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#119 » by TruthBeTold » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:33 pm

BKlutch wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:I agree with the schedule, but falling to 4 was the best thing that ever happens to us. Okafor has a lower upside than KP, and he has already been involved in a scandal.http://thesource.com/2015/06/29/just-four-days-into-his-nba-career-jahlil-okafors-got-his-first-scandal/

KP also has seems to have a better drive, and has handless the media better than Okafor.

LOL, I really hope you are right about KP's upside. last time I checked, KP is still having problems gaining his first pound. :lol:
I believe if Okafor develop a mid-range jumper and improve his free throw percentage to mid 70, he will be the best big man in the game.

Pussy problem is the best problem to have... :lol: 8-)

KP is not "having trouble gaining his first pound." He doesn't want to be fat, he wants and needs muscle. After the draft, he's been a little busy. SL, traveling home to move his life to NYC, joining his new team. The Knicks have people to help him with strength and conditioning, and if their regimen doesn't work, I'd agree he's having trouble gaining weight. Until that starts, why go negative.

I hope you don't have trolling tendencies.

Trolling tendencies...LOL. I'm not your topical HOMER when it comes to my Knicks. And I'm sure as hell not here to be liked. I will speak what I feel whether anyone like it or not. I will tell you the good and the bad. Gaining 10 to 15 pounds is not going to make skinny ass KP fat. One month from NOW, if KP doesn't show noticeable weight gain, I seriously doubt he will be able to gain the 10-15lbs before the start of the season. The truth will be told and I want all of you to read this.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,509

Post#120 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:38 pm

greenhughes wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:Fans typically root for their team ardently and enthusiastically. That's kind of what being a fan is about. Tempering expectations aren't fun, and are only encouraged to leverage silly internet arguments. Have fun people. 82-0 here we come.

K.

82-0

We betta not fuq it up.

Pick out an outfit for the parade Greenie.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks