ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks practicing together? Chemistry?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Re: Knicks practicing together? Chemistry? 

Post#41 » by malik959 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Juco24 wrote:Louis looks taller than 6'9

Looks like he's the same height as Keven Serp and almost as tall as Kris.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#42 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:02 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:Nice find.

Yo... I'm mad happy for Melo. He looks really happy himself. Is in great shape. I expect a really good season from him and the team. Things are looking good for the Knicks!!

I think this is not only the kind of team that really compliments melo as a player but the kind of team he's always wanted

a team full of smart hustle players and he's the undisputed star

he does need scoring help though

It's also a squad that's missing the crazy ego's of the past. Melo can comfortably lead if he chooses and has a few nice vets who know that Melo is the man but who can step up as leaders in their own right. The character of the team seems like it should make for good chemistry.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#43 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 pm

GONYK wrote:
omerome wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:What has he really changed though :lol:

Taking a picture with teammates is no different than him taking pictures on the plane with Tyson, Shump, JR & Woodson.

I think it's more the fact that they were practicing together - which many of us wanted the team to do to gain chemistry. Taking pictures on the plane with teammates can be taken at anytime during the season.

Melo hasn't changed. He was just never a bad person to begin with :lol:

Yeah I don't think people understand this. Melo isn't a leader in the ways LBJ, CP3, and others are. He has his own style of doing things and it works against him because fans expect him to lead in ways that aren't him. Just take the picture for what it is, I don't get the feeling Melo's "changed" because he's doing something he's done the past 2 summers. Melo will never be that kind of leader, and that's OK.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
CleanChain
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#44 » by CleanChain » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:07 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:If im not mistaken, this is in puertorico. So if im not mistaken, Melo took some of last years team there as well. I believe Melo's charity is there or something. Correct me if im wrong.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/social-corner-very-melo-weekend-puerto-rico-0#

"a very Melo weekend"

I really can't stand Shane Larkin. Thank God he's off the team

He's on the Nets to tell them what plays we run :lol:

Can't wait for the first NY vs BK game!
Grant and porzingis vs Larkin and bargnani
:lol:
PG : Rondo/Grant
SG : Derozan/Shumpert
SF : James/Early
PF : Griffin/Porzingis
C : Robin/Cauley stein

Dream team...
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#45 » by nykfan42 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:One picture is worth a thousand melo hating posts

Gotta love it haha I enjoy mocking those people for their ignorance.
Make the Knicks great again!
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#46 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:35 pm

AmazingJason wrote:Galloway thinks he's the sh*t now, cut him

I think he's either honeymooning, or too tired and sore from the honeymoond. :rofl:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#47 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:Galloway shot 39% from the field tho

He also was the number 1 option for the 2nd worst team in basketball as an undrafted rookie. Your point is?

Relax.. He needs to improve that.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#48 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:38 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:If im not mistaken, this is in puertorico. So if im not mistaken, Melo took some of last years team there as well. I believe Melo's charity is there or something. Correct me if im wrong.

"a very Melo weekend"

He's on the Nets to tell them what plays we run :lol:

That's fine, except he was one of the guys who never learned them! :rofl:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#49 » by omerome » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:41 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
omerome wrote:

Taking a picture with teammates is no different than him taking pictures on the plane with Tyson, Shump, JR & Woodson.

I think it's more the fact that they were practicing together - which many of us wanted the team to do to gain chemistry. Taking pictures on the plane with teammates can be taken at anytime during the season.

I mean I guess? :lol:

I don't think you share the same opinion of the poster I quoted though.

Yeah, you're right. Kinda misread it.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#50 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:
GONYK wrote:
omerome wrote:I think it's more the fact that they were practicing together - which many of us wanted the team to do to gain chemistry. Taking pictures on the plane with teammates can be taken at anytime during the season.

Yeah I don't think people understand this. Melo isn't a leader in the ways LBJ, CP3, and others are. He has his own style of doing things and it works against him because fans expect him to lead in ways that aren't him. Just take the picture for what it is, I don't get the feeling Melo's "changed" because he's doing something he's done the past 2 summers. Melo will never be that kind of leader, and that's OK.

i've seen melo lead by example, especially the last couple of seasons. he's been diving for balls and laying it on the line in ways i was afraid he wouldn't when he came from denver.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#51 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Melo just got haters it is what it is.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#52 » by omerome » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:51 pm

GONYK wrote:
omerome wrote:

I agree. He's always been friendly with his teammates. I was just saying that it's nice that the team is practicing. We've seen Melo get along with his teammates and they share pictures throughout the season, but it's nice to see that these guys are getting along on the court too.

I guess my tone came out the wrong way.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#53 » by TheBigBoss » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 pm

I actually look forward to seeing Porzingis and Lou play together. I have a feeling they are going to be a really good fit together.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Post#54 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Rambis a logical choice to mentor Porzingis
If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes an entire NBA organization to develop a 19-year-old rookie.

That's what's happening with Kristaps Porzingis and the New York Knicks.

The Knicks front office, coaching staff and trainers, as well as and Porzingis' teammates, will all play a role in the rookie's development this season.

But one member of the organization may play a more prominent role than others with the Latvian big man.

According to league sources with knowledge of the situation, the plan right now is for associate head coach Kurt Rambis to work closely and extensively with Porzingis in his first season in the NBA.

It makes sense that, of all of the coaches on Derek Fisher's staff, it would be Rambis who would work intimately with Porzingis.

Rambis, 6-foot-8, played 14 seasons as a power forward in the NBA, winning four titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. More than any other member of the staff, Rambis can relate to what the 7-3 Porzingis will see on a nightly basis in the NBA.

Rambis also knows the Knicks' triangle offense well.

He worked in Los Angeles under current Knicks president and former Lakers coach Phil Jackson and was an assistant when Fisher played for the Lakers.

Rambis didn't have much success as a head coach, going 32-132 in two seasons as head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves. But it doesn't seem as if his record in Minnesota is all that relevant when thinking about his expected role with Porzingis.

Porzingis' development, of course, is one of the most important elements of the Knicks' attempt to rebuild.

New York selected him with the fourth pick of the 2015 NBA draft, following its better-off-forgotten 17-win 2014-15 campaign. The Knicks don't own a first-round pick in the 2016 draft, so the hope for the organization is that Porzingis grows into a player the team can build around once Carmelo Anthony cedes his role as the face of the franchise.

Not many expect Porzingis to be able to produce at a high level this season. But if he can show glimpses of a player who can one day lead a franchise, perhaps the Knicks will become a more popular destination in free agency next summer.

Teammates work out with Melo in Puerto Rico: Some New York Knicks have joined Anthony in Puerto Rico this week during the forward's annual charity weekend at the island.

New Knick Kevin Seraphin posted a photo from Puerto Rico that included himself, Anthony, Porzingis, Lance Thomas, Cleanthony Early, Lou Amundson, Jerian Grant, and player development staff employees Chris Brickley and Mubarak Malik.

Anthony had said in years past that he wanted to get some players together for workouts in Puerto Rico. The Knicks will also likely schedule workouts before training camp at the team's facility in Westchester.

Here is a photo of the players in Puerto Rico, courtesy of Seraphin's Twitter account.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/62867/rambis-a-logical-choice-to-mentor-porzingis
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#55 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:43 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

"a very Melo weekend"

Hoping Melo's leadership doesn't have same effect on this years squad --- last years mini-camp didn't actually lead to awesome results.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#56 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Last year it looks like those guys were on vacation and just spent the day at the beach with Mills lurking in the back. At least this year they are at the gym.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#57 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:49 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ2974p5s3E[/youtube]
yb90
Senior
And1: 206

Post#58 » by yb90 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:Galloway thinks he's the sh*t now, cut him

I know you're most likely joking but, Galloway is running a basketball camp for kids this week that's why he's not there.

Just as long as no one owes Gallo money for not showing everything will be fine. :D
iStudyTheGame
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#59 » by iStudyTheGame » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:32 pm

j4remi wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:Nice find.

Yo... I'm mad happy for Melo. He looks really happy himself. Is in great shape. I expect a really good season from him and the team. Things are looking good for the Knicks!!

I think this is not only the kind of team that really compliments melo as a player but the kind of team he's always wanted

a team full of smart hustle players and he's the undisputed star

he does need scoring help though

It's also a squad that's missing the crazy ego's of the past. Melo can comfortably lead if he chooses and has a few nice vets who know that Melo is the man but who can step up as leaders in their own right. The character of the team seems like it should make for good chemistry.

Good points and I think it's possible but doesnt matter unless it translates to on-court production.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#60 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Bklyn&company wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/kevin_seraphin/status/634379199759949824[/tweet]KP holding them ribs already.... looks like he got beat up by Amundson/Seraphin already... good for him... kid is a tall... believe Kid is going to be a very good 255 lb center.

KP pinching himself, he can't believe he's on the Knicks. :D

Return to New York Knicks