ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Fear the Walking Dead

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Re: OT: Fear the Walking Dead 

Post#81 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:51 pm

jwise44 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:I spend a decent amount of time down in LA, and it's definitely not all Hollywood and palm trees, but it's really fun down there. The best thing about it to me is the people and the weather. I found myself shaking my head at the stereotypical black drug dealer. The way he got killed was lame. The principal just seems shady...he was acting weird the entire episode.

LA is a lot of fun, but it is not what is in the brochures. That's basically a few neighborhoods northwest of downtown LA. The rest is a low built urban sprawl. Great weather, odd ball people. As long as you realize Hollywood is just an illusion and you're cool with Mexicans it is a great city.

So Austin Texas? You're describing Austin

I have a lake house there and seriously that is an exact description of Austin haha

(I say this relative to the thread that it's indicative of a lot of big "fun cities")

I hear a lot of good things about Austin Texas and its arts scene.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#82 » by jwise44 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:59 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

LA is a lot of fun, but it is not what is in the brochures. That's basically a few neighborhoods northwest of downtown LA. The rest is a low built urban sprawl. Great weather, odd ball people. As long as you realize Hollywood is just an illusion and you're cool with Mexicans it is a great city.

So Austin Texas? You're describing Austin

I have a lake house there and seriously that is an exact description of Austin haha

(I say this relative to the thread that it's indicative of a lot of big "fun cities")

I hear a lot of good things about Austin Texas and its arts scene.

Lived there for 2 years and have my lake house on lake Austin I visit a lot

They have great art and music there and 5th and 6th street are fun as hell AT TIMES especially sxsw which my friend has been a staple of lately. And they have fun shows and movie things but I lived down town right next to campus with some grad school friends and it sucked

It's more of a fun to visit suck to live city to me

Fun note...my lake house is 20 seconds away from Matt mccaughney
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#83 » by jwise44 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Lived on the street that crazy douche with an ak ran down a few years ago....we all heard the noise and ran outside thinking what the eff?
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#84 » by AmazingJason » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:34 pm

moocow007 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote: :lol: You need to give these characters a chance man. The stepdad would have been my favorite character if he wasn't so soft and didn't do dumb things like go into the church and then fall on some junkie blood and act like it's no big deal. Also why do they have to do all of the black characters so dirty in the 1st episode? One is a drug dealer, another is a weird principal who eavesdrops on his teachers, and the other one doesn't keep promises

Metal detectors. Eavesdropping on teachers for evaluations. I wonder if it's an LA thing. Honestly, LA seems like a sh*thole.

I spent about a week down there and it definitely wasn't as exciting (or as "grand") as I thought it would be. Hollywood sign is extremely hard to get to and looks like ****. The Chinese theater looks smaller than it is represented to be and you have to deal with some real scary people who hang out right around there. I stayed at a hotel/motel on the strip and I kept getting interrupted by prostitutes knocking on my door asking me if I was interested or that were looking for someone else. I still remember the travel guide I had that basically blacked out south-central LA with a warning of "avoid at all costs". The only thing true to form was that I got stuck in traffic in downtown (about 2 hours) on one of those crazy assed loops. Outside of LA (Santa Monica, Venice) was a lot nicer and I tried to spend as much time there as possible. But yeah, was not a fan at all. Was like a cheaper, dirtier, flatter version of NY.

Never been to LA, but perhaps I'll avoid it the next time I visit California.

Say what you want about NYC, it's still a very romantic city. Even if you're in the outer boroughs.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
ravinaziankid
Senior
And1: 268

Post#85 » by ravinaziankid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Theres no city in the usa like NYC..i went to LA a couple years ago and it was a shithole..theres homeless people everywhere and sections where i drove by at night where homeless setup tents throughout a long stretch of blocks. It looked like a 3rd world country..not sure what the glamour is about LA besides the weather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#86 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:45 pm

ravinaziankid wrote:Theres no city in the usa like NYC..i went to LA a couple years ago and it was a ****..theres homeless people everywhere and sections where i drove by at night where homeless setup tents throughout a long stretch of blocks. It looked like a 3rd world country..not sure what the glamour is about LA besides the weather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

You must be talking about skid row. The good parts of LA are very nice...especially when u compare it to other US cities. NYC will always be home, but I don't miss those winters at all. I also like being able to drive around instead of having to walk everywhere or take the subway
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#87 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 am

This show sucks.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#88 » by Fat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:04 am

i like the fat kid
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#89 » by kane » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 am

nothing worse in zombie movies or shows when they act like nothing is wrong.... No zombie movie ever created in the history of media

At least in vampire crap they are known about but they thought as a myth
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#90 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:43 am

NYC doesn't compare to any other city. I've been to A LOT of cities around the world. I have enjoyed visiting LA. It has a lot of qualities that a New Yorker easily sees as a potential advantage that few locals take advantage.

Having said that, this show is a walking cliche...

The cynical comments such as, "The cops blew away a homeless man 20 times..." made the one note local population look stone stupid even after the premiere where a zombie is reduced to hamburger and gets right back up without anyone questioning it. All this is leading to a foolish LA riot moment where the zombies feast and conquer.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#91 » by AmazingJason » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:03 am

If these boring-ass characters met up with Rick and the crew in the Walking Dead after this gets cancelled, I officially f*cking quit.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#92 » by wolfv » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 am

AmazingJason wrote:If these boring-ass characters met up with Rick and the crew in the Walking Dead after this gets cancelled, I officially f*cking quit.

If that happens I hope Rick kills them
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,127

Post#93 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 pm

I forgot that it was even on. :lol:

How was it? And more importantly, did anyone get turned into zombie chow? :pray:
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,750

Post#94 » by omerome » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:25 pm

AmazingJason wrote:If these boring-ass characters met up with Rick and the crew in the Walking Dead after this gets cancelled, I officially f*cking quit.

I would be surprised if they lasted that long.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the team that has been writing and producing the WD (and now FWD) is not the same crew that the show originally started with way back right?
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#96 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:31 pm

moocow007 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the team that has been writing and producing the WD (and now FWD) is not the same crew that the show originally started with way back right?

That's right.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,264

Post#97 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:34 pm

slowest zombie outbreak ever
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:37 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the team that has been writing and producing the WD (and now FWD) is not the same crew that the show originally started with way back right?

That's right.

That's what I thought. I'm thinking, this can't possibly be the same crew that started the original series with some a bang.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:37 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:slowest zombie outbreak ever

So the answer is "no, no one got turned into zombie chow"? :nonono:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#100 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:44 pm

They got rid of the original crew after the second season.

Return to New York Knicks