ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS says Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant could end up on the Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,197

Re: SAS says Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant could end up on the Knicks 

Post#161 » by KnicksGod » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Obviously Durant is a great scorer in different, dominant ways. The best in the NBA and one of the best ever. But I don't think he's a surefire championship player as your best player. His scoring is off the charts but that's pretty much it to me.

And he's mostly a mid-range shooter in the big moments which concerns me, though admittedly he can also go to the hole and will make a big effort in that direction, even in the clutch -- the playoff clanks stick out to me. He's not a passer.

He's better by a significant margin but some of the problems that plague Melo also plague KD. Is a weaker scorer who does more a better championship player?
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,254
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: SAS says Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant could end up on the Knicks 

Post#162 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Obviously Durant is a great scorer in different, dominant ways. The best in the NBA and one of the best ever. But I don't think he's a surefire championship player as your best player. His scoring is off the charts but that's pretty much it to me.

And he's mostly a mid-range shooter in the big moments which concerns me, though admittedly he can also go to the hole and will make a big effort in that direction, even in the clutch -- the playoff clanks stick out to me. He's not a passer.

He's better by a significant margin but some of the problems that plague Melo also plague KD. Is a weaker scorer who does more a better championship player?

I think it depends on how he's being used. With a high quality team around him, being a scorer could be enough. If your team is rather thin, you need to have an all around game and even play D. That's why when it comes down to choosing one of two players with similar stats, a good GM knows that one may work a lot better with the team he's joining than the other.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#163 » by Thorn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 pm

BKlutch wrote:I know it's hard to find the right spot for him, but I'm sure we'd find a way to squeeze KD into our starting lineup.

The way mentioned above works for me KD and Melo splitting time at the 4 based on match ups is even more idea. KP off the bench. Rolo at the 5.

Return to New York Knicks