ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,039

Re: Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 

Post#241 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:3 Major factors of KD joining the Knicks
1.Are we a playoff team this season? We gotta be good for him to even consider us.
2. OKC getting bounced out in the playoffs again.
3. Is he healthy? We don't want to make another mistake like Amare so he's gotta be back at his full strength or it's a no go.
Let's see what happens. It's a long shot but anything can happen.

Amare was at full strength when we got him...
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,748

Post#242 » by omerome » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
1.Are we a playoff team this season? We gotta be good for him to even consider us.
3. Is he healthy? We don't want to make another mistake like Amare so he's gotta be back at his full strength or it's a no go.

I think he means repeating the Amar'e situation all over again where we got only one good year before injuries done him in. Then again, we all know this from the start with him because PHX didn't want to keep him.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,436

Post#243 » by KnicksGod » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:07 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Pjax4Prez wrote:
We are the Knicks, we should be gameplanning for everyone. Again we won 17 games last year, so remember that before we start trying to slight another franchise that has been better than us the last few years

Maybe but that doesn't answer my question. If gameplanning for a top player (not everyone, but an elite scorer) is the standard for a quality team, they don't have a single guy you have to prepare for specially.

What? Since when is that standard? You have to gameplan for Lowry and Derozan and what the Raptors like to run as a team on offense. Thy have more overall talent as a team. Teams have to gameplan more for the Raptors than they have to do for us right now

lol it's someone else's standard. I'm saying you can't say 'We only have one player you have to gameplan for, so the Raptors are ahead of us.' They have no single player whom you have to gameplan for.

If the argument is that we need to win with depth and a better offensive/defensive system, and stars are not as important, then that's a different story.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#244 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 pm

omerome wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I think he means repeating the Amar'e situation all over again where we got only one good year before injuries done him in. Then again, we all know this from the start with him because PHX didn't want to keep him.

That is what I mean as well. Amare played 82 games the season before we got him. Does that mean he was at full strength?

Just because KD plays a full healthy season doesn't mean he will have 4 healthy seasons after that.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#245 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:43 pm

GONYK wrote:
omerome wrote:
GONYK wrote:

That is what I mean as well. Amare played 82 games the season before we got him. Does that mean he was at full strength?

Just because KD plays a full healthy season doesn't mean he will have 4 healthy seasons after that.

It was fully known that Amare's knees were on borrowed time before we got him...it didn't matter if he was playing 82 games or not. KD's risk of re-injuring is very very small after his latest procedure. KD is not nearly the same risk as Amare was
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#246 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:45 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
GONYK wrote:
omerome wrote:I think he means repeating the Amar'e situation all over again where we got only one good year before injuries done him in. Then again, we all know this from the start with him because PHX didn't want to keep him.

It was fully known that Amare's knees were on borrowed time before we got him...it didn't matter if he was playing 82 games or not. KD's risk of re-injuring is very very small after his latest procedure. KD is not nearly the same risk as Amare was

Foot injuries on big men are never really not at a risk of re-injury.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying not to pursue KD. I'm just saying we have no real way of knowing.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#247 » by kane2021 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Hate to say this,.. but I dont think KD being a full strength or not will matter much. Unless his career is deemed medically over this season, if the knicks have a chance to sign him, they will. No matter how you slice it, the rewards outweigh the risks. Im not saying that I personally would do it. I just think most bball executives will see it that way. I have seen way more contracts given to players with questionable heath, than not.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#248 » by Triple C » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,248

Post#249 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:06 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
GONYK wrote:
omerome wrote:I think he means repeating the Amar'e situation all over again where we got only one good year before injuries done him in. Then again, we all know this from the start with him because PHX didn't want to keep him.

He's had two procedures already. The first one wasn't enough. I don't know how anyone can calculate the odds as very, very small when he's already had two operations for the same problem in a short time span. Supposedly a Jones Stress Fracture can be recovered from if handled properly, but basketball is the ultimate foot abusing sport. I wouldn't be confident about anything until you see him go through a whole season first.
ImageImageImage
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#250 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:10 pm

GONYK wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Foot injuries on big men are never really not at a risk of re-injury.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying not to pursue KD. I'm just saying we have no real way of knowing.

I know that you're not saying that we shouldn't pursue KD, and while it is true that we have no real way of knowing because anything can happen, all of the data that is out there shows that KD's risk of re-injury is pretty small. Idk why people keep on bringing up Amare when it was fully known that he was not a good long-term investment. Amare was a true big man who suffered from serious knee problems. KD is a big man in height only...he's not carrying around a ton of weight or taking constant abuse in the paint. Durant fractured his metatarsal...the same thing that happened to Jordan and Pau Gasol. It's not the same injury that guys like Yao or Big Z suffered from (they fractured their navicular bone). After the bone graft procedure, he should be back to normal.

In an article published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2011 looking at bone-grafting procedures performed on re-fractures or non-unions of the fifth metatarsal in 21 elite college and professional athletes, the success rate for return to prior level of competition was 100 percent. At over two years' follow-up, only one athlete had suffered a subsequent re-fracture (the re-fracture was sustained in a motor vehicle accident, not in sports).
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,115

Post#251 » by moocow007 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Lebron is basically playing with cloven hooves, so KD should be fine. :lol:
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,748

Post#252 » by omerome » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:27 pm

moocow007 wrote:Lebron is basically playing with cloven hooves, so KD should be fine. :lol:

Thanks for the mental image. :lol:
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#253 » by N Y K » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

[insert "so you're saying there's a chance" gif]

easymoneysniper:

My favorite player and favorite person in the league is now on the gram. Follow @mrlance42 now. You will be entertained, here's a sample of what's to come.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/7_ZcCyzSpW/[/instagram]
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#254 » by Triple C » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:05 am

Phil is recluting Durant with Lance, amazing :D
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#255 » by jumpstart » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:32 am

Durant should agree to go to the knicks if Melo leaves. I feel like Melo isn't even relevant anymore.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#256 » by kingquan316 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:39 am

jumpstart wrote:Durant should agree to go to the knicks if Melo leaves. I feel like Melo isn't even relevant anymore.

I would think that if Durant goes to the Knicks it would be with Melo still on the team.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,494

Post#257 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 am

kingquan316 wrote:
jumpstart wrote:Durant should agree to go to the knicks if Melo leaves. I feel like Melo isn't even relevant anymore.

I would think that if Durant goes to the Knicks it would be with Melo still on the team.

Exactly. With no Melo or another elite player to join, what makes NY a more attractive situation than his current one?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 

Post#258 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:28 am

Triple C wrote:Phil is recluting Durant with Lance, amazing :D

That video tho, lol

Sent from the phish tank

Return to New York Knicks