ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Walking Dead - Season 6 (Spoilers)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Re: OT: The Walking Dead - Season 6 (Spoilers) 

Post#721 » by Fat » Mon Apr 4, 2016 4:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:This was such a bad ending for a season finale. They hyped up Negan's scene for weeks, and pretty much everybody knew that some major character would have to die...but then they go and hit us with a weak cliff hanger. Season 7 won't be here for months, and there will be a leak telling us who actually died long before it arrives. Even if it somehow doesn't get leaked, we'll wait for months just to find out that it was Glenn or fuqing Abraham who got killed.

Or Daryl

they were talking about wanting to see a daryl shower scene on the talking dead :lol: i put him on the safe list along with Rick & Carl. I think its going to be Sasha, Glen or maggie. It has to be someone big.. i cant see them going out like this only to show us rosita or eugene being the ones who got lucielle.

Also (possibly Abraham) because negan says
Spoiler:
Take it like a champ when he's hitting the person with luciille im probably just reaching here but abraham is a guy who doesn't back down from crap and is a strong character so it kind of makes sense idk lol
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#722 » by Fat » Mon Apr 4, 2016 4:17 am

CP3Melo wrote:Audio link inside spoiler of who it might be.
Spoiler:
[url]http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142035415291/tumblr_o4xdeaiypi1v88mdc
[/url]

He done escaped more deaths than a final destination moive lol i wouldn't be mad at all if it was him :lol: he's ran his course IMO
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Post#723 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 4, 2016 4:31 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
CP3Melo wrote:Audio link inside spoiler of who it might be.
Spoiler:
[url]http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142035415291/tumblr_o4xdeaiypi1v88mdc
[/url]

He done escaped more deaths than a final destination moive lol i wouldn't be mad at all if it was him :lol: he's ran his course IMO

I agree with you that they should've showed at least some the brutality of beating and making us wait is BS. But I still love the show.
Free Palestine
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#724 » by camillepd » Mon Apr 4, 2016 4:35 am

Conservative Pundit Milo Yiannopoulos explains "anti-Semitism" of Trump supporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=513&v=TN9N3v9UsXE
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#725 » by TheBigBoss » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:16 am

camillepd wrote:Conservative Pundit Milo Yiannopoulos explains "anti-Semitism" of Trump supporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=513&v=TN9N3v9UsXE

Negan's rallies are more conservative than Trump's rallies
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#726 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:38 am

I did a quick Google search to see a bit on who Negan was in the comic book since I don't read them...first thing that popped up was a damn spoiler from the comic about who he killed in that scene :noway:

Hopefully they don't follow it exactly, and kill off someone else instead. I doubt it tho.
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#727 » by Lotsix » Mon Apr 4, 2016 12:47 pm

Spoiler:
it was definitely glenn, to many near death experiences, had that shower scene with maggie, Maggie getting her haircut signifying a new beginning,had that speech with daryl the episode before the season finale and his character has come full circle, negan actually likes coraaaaal do it isn't him, daily is wounded and it would take away from the first death negan has, Maggie will slowly turn into a bad ass leader of the hilltop group and God damn I can't wait until negan dies, he has no idea what Rick is capable of and will make a mistake by not killing him
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#728 » by j4remi » Mon Apr 4, 2016 1:12 pm

I avoided BY's spoilers all to find out that they didn't have the guts to just pick a character and off them. This is really lame, I can't see them hiding the spoiler all the way until the next episode and I don't really care to avoid it anyway. This was their chance at a "Red Wedding" moment and I think they totally blew it with the cheap cliff hanger play.

Edit: Just to throw it in, show was a half hour longer and you could cut at minimum a half hour from the episode without any negative impact. How many stops and u-turns did the RV really need to make to get the point across? Especially since the size of the Saviors group at the end made it pretty much unnecessary outside of the two encounters where Rick actually interacted with the Saviors. I wasn't feeling the Carol and Morgan stuff either, conversations were completely on the nose. Carol says you can't have loved ones without killing to protect them...Morgan kills a guy to protect Carol...it was good to see Morgan break his code finally, but Carol turned whiny and I just didn't think we needed that much time spent with those two except to delay the ending which was all anyone cared about.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#729 » by moabu08 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 1:50 pm

j4remi wrote:I avoided BY's spoilers all to find out that they didn't have the guts to just pick a character and off them. This is really lame, I can't see them hiding the spoiler all the way until the next episode and I don't really care to avoid it anyway. This was their chance at a "Red Wedding" moment and I think they totally blew it with the cheap cliff hanger play.

Edit: Just to throw it in, show was a half hour longer and you could cut at minimum a half hour from the episode without any negative impact. How many stops and u-turns did the RV really need to make to get the point across? Especially since the size of the Saviors group at the end made it pretty much unnecessary outside of the two encounters where Rick actually interacted with the Saviors. I wasn't feeling the Carol and Morgan stuff either, conversations were completely on the nose. Carol says you can't have loved ones without killing to protect them...Morgan kills a guy to protect Carol...it was good to see Morgan break his code finally, but Carol turned whiny and I just didn't think we needed that much time spent with those two except to delay the ending which was all anyone cared about.

I loved Carol a few seasons ago. Such a bad ass and now they've destroyed her character.

Show was way too long. DVRed it and started watching at 930 and we caught up to the live TV by the end of the episode. 30+ minutes of commercials is ridiculous.

Few other thoughts. The cliffhanger is just bush league. Everyone will know who was killed before next season, theres a 0% chance that people dont find out. I think they tried to copy GoT. Where Jon Snow is "killed off" off before last season but the cliff hanged that he may come back.

Havent we already seen Neagan? He name was the Governor. How many of these characters are we going to see now? Show needs to evolve. Maybe introduce the US military or govt and cure stuff im not sure but its starting to get repetitive.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#730 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm still waiting for the intelligent zombie. These guys need to watch Z Nation or Land of the Dead. :lol:

As far as the cliff hanger, I don't see why folks are either so surprised or so upset about it. This will keep the conversations going all summer and season 7 1st episode will likely break a record.

What is interesting is that folks are trying to analyze the dialogue and sound bites to try to decipher who died
Spoiler:
when no one has mentioned how Norman Reedus looked and sounded and his body language last night in Talking Dead. I think it's pretty clear that it was him that died. That or Norman is one heck of an actor acting it out off set on the talk show. He couldn't talk about it without trying to choke back something (it was either tears or gas and it was a bit late for taco bell). Even when that fat chick asked for shower scenes, his response wasn't one that would indicate that he's still on the show (Reedus threw his arms out with a mixture of what I detected as hope and anger at Gimple)
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#731 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 4, 2016 2:01 pm

It IS different...the zombies are becoming less and less of a threat. It's now, the nastiest survivors vs survivors for the Earth.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#732 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 2:03 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:It IS different...the zombies are becoming less and less of a threat. It's now, the nastiest survivors vs survivors for the Earth.

Which is why they need to introduce the notion that zombies can retain some semblance of their former selves. Even if it's just a brief clip...that would blow some minds. Humans are the most dangerous still because they can think. :D
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#733 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Apr 4, 2016 2:05 pm

moocow007 wrote:I'm still waiting for the intelligent zombie. These guys need to watch Z Nation or Land of the Dead. :lol:

As far as the cliff hanger, I don't see why folks are either so surprised or so upset about it. This will keep the conversations going all summer and season 7 1st episode will likely break a record.

What is interesting is that folks are trying to analyze the dialogue and sound bites to try to decipher who died
Spoiler:
when no one has mentioned how Norman Reedus looked and sounded and his body language last night in Talking Dead. I think it's pretty clear that it was him that died. That or Norman is one heck of an actor acting it out off set on the talk show. He couldn't talk about it without trying to choke back something (it was either tears or gas and it was a bit late for taco bell). Even when that fat chick asked for shower scenes, his response wasn't one that would indicate that he's still on the show (Reedus threw his arms out with a mixture of what I detected as hope and anger at Gimple)
from what I know about the show and what was said last night I seriously think no one in the cast knows who it is yet
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#734 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 4, 2016 4:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:It IS different...the zombies are becoming less and less of a threat. It's now, the nastiest survivors vs survivors for the Earth.

Which is why they need to introduce the notion that zombies can retain some semblance of their former selves. Even if it's just a brief clip...that would blow some minds. Humans are the most dangerous still because they can think. :D

There's an enemy that I won't spoil, which I find to be creepy and more interesting...but they won't come for at least another season or two.

I couldn't help thinking...why not bring the rocket launcher? Never mind... :lol:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#735 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 4, 2016 4:28 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

There's an enemy that I won't spoil, which I find to be creepy and more interesting...but they won't come for at least another season or two.

I couldn't help thinking...why not bring the rocket launcher? Never mind... :lol:

Spoiler:
Are you talking about the whisperers? I think that was the worst thing ever done in a comic with a lot of poorly drawn characters.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,265

Post#736 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 4, 2016 5:32 pm

That was a lame way to end the season.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#737 » by Hijinks » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:04 pm

not much happening in this episode. driving around in the rv and some carol and morgan sprinkled in. and even that negan scene was way too long. walking around and explaining over and over again how bad he is.

the ending then obviously was unsatisfying. i guess it will be glenn, but i could also see it being daryl (big shock factor) or abraham. as fatboy said. "Take it like a champ" is what negan said. and abraham definitely looked like the most confident and having set his peace with dying. that would be my guess. i just hope it isn't maggie. she is by far the most beutiful girl in this show!4

overall, this season was worse than season 5, which i watched back to back over last 2 weeks. it is getting repetitive, but i guess i'll keep watching.

also nice, seeing trevors (gta v) voice actor out there. he does a pretty neat job playing the crazy guy.
he was also in an episode of better call saul in season 1
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#738 » by Butch718 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:58 pm

I don't mind cliffhangers. But in this case it's flat out stupid and takes away from what's supposed to be an extremely brutal moment for all those involved. It's supposed to be Walking Dead's version of the Red Wedding. In the day and age of internet spoilers, something like this won't be kept under wraps. coughJonSn...cough

As soon as the first couple of episodes are filmed, people will know who got Lucilled. Especially when we have people stalking actors these days, keeping updates on their haircuts(Kit Harrington), etc. For example, "Oh Norman Reedus is doing another project while filming is going on? Yup bingo."

Don't buy that BS that Gimple and Kirkman tried feeding the fans on Talking Dead. They made it a cliffhanger because they're still assessing who should be the one to go. They still haven't made up their mind, and to me that shows a lack of confidence in their writing and audience. If it's Abraham, it means they panicked because they were afraid of the fan backlash that they were going to receive.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#739 » by Smash3 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:17 pm

Take it like a champ: Abraham (Going all in on Abe though), Darryl, Rick, Michonne or Glenn... Either way what a mess, how are they going to just black out the screen while building up this mess all year... Smh, could have also skipped that 20 min monologue: " So not cool, not cool, you will know it was not cool, I gotta punish you, but you know I gotta punish you." :lol:
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#740 » by j4remi » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:41 pm

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-walking-dead-just-shit-the-bed-1768872498

This guy nails the frustration with the episode. Tease a major death all season, spend 1 and a half hour building to this single encounter...hold the conclusion for next season. Ridiculous.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks