ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft Talk - Finally after this one, we own our future.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

NBA Draft Talk - Finally after this one, we own our future. 

Post#1 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 am

Kentucky and Duke about to tip off, get a glimpse of some lottery picks.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,451

Re: College Thread: No lotto for Denver/Toronto 

Post#2 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Kentucky and Duke about to tip off, get a glimpse of some lottery picks.

Where does the Brunson kid play so I can watch him? And did you see Valentine's trip dub? How do you project him in the pro's?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:13 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Kentucky and Duke about to tip off, get a glimpse of some lottery picks.

Where does the Brunson kid play so I can watch him? And did you see Valentine's trip dub? How do you project him in the pro's?

Villanova, they will be on Friday on FS2 [584 if you have Fios] He looks good from the highlights I've seen but I haven't watched any of there games yet. As far as Valentine goes, he's really intriguing because of his size. Usually most of Izzo guards are smallish which hurt there chances of making an impact in the NBA. He has the size, can play on or off the ball and just attacks. He's know how to play the game, quite simply he looks like a Spur in the making. Obviously being a senior and a lack of elite athleticism will be used as knocks against him, but he's simply a player. He's going to be fun to watch all year to see how good he really can be this year, Kansas unfortunately has an atrocious defensive backcourt this year.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#4 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Vanderbilt to the sweet 16 at worse - at best final 4. Underdogs in the SEC, which is gonna be a BLOODBATH for LSU, KY, and Vandy.

SO EXCITED.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#5 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Villanova, they will be on Friday on FS2 [584 if you have Fios] He looks good from the highlights I've seen but I haven't watched any of there games yet. As far as Valentine goes, he's really intriguing because of his size. Usually most of Izzo guards are smallish which hurt there chances of making an impact in the NBA. He has the size, can play on or off the ball and just attacks. He's know how to play the game, quite simply he looks like a Spur in the making. Obviously being a senior and a lack of elite athleticism will be used as knocks against him, but he's simply a player. He's going to be fun to watch all year to see how good he really can be this year, Kansas unfortunately has an atrocious defensive backcourt this year.

You think Valentine is a guard? I'm thinking a SF - not sure if he has the lateral quickness to guard SGs in the NBA. Love his all around game -- same goes for the BYU guy who's name I forgot.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
You think Valentine is a guard? I'm thinking a SF - not sure if he has the lateral quickness to guard SGs in the NBA. Love his all around game -- same goes for the BYU guy who's name I forgot.

In Knick terms, I see him as a Mardy Collins whose much more aggressive. Valentine at SF can probably give you spot minutes, it's part of his versatility but I wouldn't start him there.

As far as Vandy goes, going to be interesting to see how LaChance and Roberson play this year. I actually liked what I saw from LaChance the little that I watched Vandy.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#7 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:43 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

In Knick terms, I see him as a Mardy Collins whose much more aggressive. Valentine at SF can probably give you spot minutes, it's part of his versatility but I wouldn't start him there.

As far as Vandy goes, going to be interesting to see how LaChance and Roberson play this year. I actually liked what I saw from LaChance the little that I watched Vandy.

Hadn't thought of Collins...interesting.

Honestly, I'm more interested in Jones. He complained WAY too much last year and didn't play nearly as strong as he could / should have. His mental makeup is iffy to me. Talented and athletic for sure, but his body language reminds me of a less expressive Cousins at times (and instead of having his emotions come from his desire to win, it's from the lack of calls). Also, some of the shots he took last year were just odd...Basically, the talent is there, but he needs to put everything together.

I like Roberson a lot and LaChance is an awesome college player with a nice shot (pro prospects are dim, IMO), but my favorite player on the team is probably Baldwin. Kornet is someone to watch because of his ability to stretch the floor, too.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#8 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Phil needs to make a trade on draft night to get Juancho Hernangomez, Willy's younger brother and a stud PF prospect, he will need a top20 pick though, hard with our assets sadly.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Re: RE: Re: College Thread: No lotto for Denver/Toronto 

Post#9 » by waya » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 am

Fischella wrote:Phil needs to make a trade on draft night to get Juancho Hernangomez, Willy's younger brother and a stud PF prospect, he will need a top20 pick though, hard with our assets sadly.

I heard about him, he's supposed to be better than Willy?
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#10 » by Juggynaut » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:59 am

This draft class doesn't look as good as last year's, only guy i really like is Ben Simmons.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#11 » by E-Balla » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:04 am

Juggynaut wrote:This draft class doesn't look as good as last year's, only guy i really like is Ben Simmons.

I personally know Jaylen. He's the truth so look out. Kid lived in the gym to last 2 years.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,741

Post#12 » by Fat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:44 pm

so eh, we have no draft pick. What second round eye candies are their our there that we can possibly get assuming we buy ourselves into the second round?
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#13 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Look out for Langston's college teammate Junior Deandre Bembry. Do it all hybrid SG/SF from Saint Joe's who's an excellent off and on ball defender, rebounder, and great playmaker for his position. Has a natural feel for the game and would fit right in the triangle which requires having a complete skill set. Weak points are his jumper and his handle is somewhat basic and loose. Solid athlete as well in transition. I've seen him projected everywhere from the late lottery to end of the 1st round-early second round. Good chance to watch him this weekend. He plays Florida on Saturday on ESPN.
Fat
RealGM

Post#14 » by Fat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Also when is Guillermo Hernangomez coming over? (kristaps teammate we also drafted)

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#15 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:You think Valentine is a guard? I'm thinking a SF - not sure if he has the lateral quickness to guard SGs in the NBA. Love his all around game -- same goes for the BYU guy who's name I forgot.

After having watch Valentine for his entire MSU career now I can't really Project a Position for him but that's one of his strengths. He has great versatility, can even Play PG for Stretches. Just like with Draymond Green you will get a top notch pro, high character guy, Born leader and someone who can do a Little bit of everything. I would think of him as a similar Player like Danny Green in Terms of size but with a lot more Talent, even though he would not be as good a shooter. You don't draft Valentine to be a star but to have a role on your Team, to create on your second unit and to be a complimentary Piece... as someone said, he would make a perfect Spur...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Fat
RealGM

Post#16 » by Fat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Fischella wrote:Phil needs to make a trade on draft night to get Juancho Hernangomez, Willy's younger brother and a stud PF prospect, he will need a top20 pick though, hard with our assets sadly.

Juan top 20? :o i think he'll be lurking somewhere in the Early-Mid second round. I didnt even realize he was in the draft this is a pick i wouldnt mind at all.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
No-Man
RealGM

Post#17 » by No-Man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Juan top 20? :o i think he'll be lurking somewhere in the Early-Mid second round. I didnt even realize he was in the draft this is a pick i wouldnt mind at all.

he is a monster, best spanish prospect since Gasol (including, Rubio, Ibaka, Mirotic, Rudy Fernandez or Sergio Rodriguez)
i will take him in the lotto 100%, people are sleeping big time on him, he is tailor made for the new wave of basketball.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#18 » by No-Man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Also when is Guillermo Hernangomez coming over? (kristaps teammate we also drafted)

likely he will stay 2 more years at Real Madrid I'd say
No-Man
RealGM

Post#19 » by No-Man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:so eh, we have no draft pick. What second round eye candies are their our there that we can possibly get assuming we buy ourselves into the second round?

I love me some Tyler Ulis, he is going to be a player even if he is short, if he is there in the 2nd round and we can buy a pick, go for it.
Fat
RealGM

Post#20 » by Fat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Fischella wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:so eh, we have no draft pick. What second round eye candies are their our there that we can possibly get assuming we buy ourselves into the second round?

I love me some Tyler Ulis, he is going to be a player even if he is short, if he is there in the 2nd round and we can buy a pick, go for it.

i like ulis myself but is that someone you can see phil targeting. We have grant already and calderon is still in a knick uniform, Gallo also spends some time at PG. Unless Calderon gets traded it's going to be hard getting floor burn.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks