ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft Talk - Finally after this one, we own our future.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Re: NBA Draft Talk - Finally after this one, we own our future. 

Post#681 » by Worst_to_First » Wed May 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Kris Dunn is the best player in this draft. Sixers should either trade down to take him or just be bold and take him 1st.

Sixers should try to offer Okafor to the Celtics for the 3rd pick and as much assets as they can get.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#682 » by Greenie » Wed May 18, 2016 1:06 pm

For all that sh*t Boston was talking they have a bunch of sucky picks.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#683 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:Kris Dunn is the best player in this draft. Sixers should either trade down to take him or just be bold and take him 1st.

Sixers should try to offer Okafor to the Celtics for the 3rd pick and as much assets as they can get.

I think that makes a lot of sense because Simmons doesn't really fit with both Jah and Noel unless you wanna move one to the bench but, then you kind of kill their value. The irony of the Sixers getting first in this draft is this is probably the worst draft for them to actually get the 1st pick in. Hinkie did them dirty with the way he drafted. He really gave them no flexibility in terms of what type of player they need to draft. They can't afford to draft another non shooting big.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#684 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Greenie wrote:For all that sh*t Boston was talking they have a bunch of sucky picks.

And yet everyone here was dying to trade Melo to them and hand them an ECF berth at the very least. For what? Buddy Hield? A worse version of Kp? Keep that chit over in Celtic land. Brooklyn isn't going to be bad next year. They have no reason to be so I have no interest in their picks going forward.
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#685 » by Worst_to_First » Wed May 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Triple C wrote:Josh Jackson to the Knicks!!

Won't happen if we get a coach like Vogel unless we get extremely lucky with the ping pong balls. :lol:
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#686 » by Triple C » Wed May 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:

Won't happen if we get a coach like Vogel unless we get extremely lucky with the ping pong balls. :lol:

Yeah, it won't happen, i blame Tim Hardaway Jr :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#687 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:46 pm

I'd take Ingram before Simmons, Philly. BUT, if you don't, combat small ball by playing Simmons at the 1, Saric at the 2, Noel at the 3, Okafor at the 4, and Embiid at the 5 :lol:
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#688 » by Worst_to_First » Wed May 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Triple C wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:

Yeah, it won't happen, i blame Tim Hardaway Jr :lol:

Fuq Timmy.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#689 » by mpharris36 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I'd take Ingram before Simmons, Philly. BUT, if you don't, combat small ball by playing Simmons at the 1, Saric at the 2, Noel at the 3, Okafor at the 4, and Embiid at the 5 :lol:

I think I am leaning Ingram as well because he's just more versatile. Simmons not having a jump shot is going to be a concern at the next level because he doesn't have LeBron quickness in term of getting into the paint. He has great vision and a great leaper but will he be able to consistently be able to get into the paint vs NBA athletes?

I think Ingram has a better chance to be a Durant type player than Simmons has a chance to be a Lebron type player (I see a lot more Lamar Odom in him, which, don't get me wrong...isn't a bad thing). He just doesn't have the LeBron first step.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#690 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:33 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I'd take Ingram before Simmons, Philly. BUT, if you don't, combat small ball by playing Simmons at the 1, Saric at the 2, Noel at the 3, Okafor at the 4, and Embiid at the 5 :lol:

I think I am leaning Ingram as well because he's just more versatile. Simmons not have a jump shot is going to be a concern at the next level because he doesn't have LeBron quickness in term of getting into the paint. He has great vision and a great leaper but will he be able to consistently be able to get into the paint vs NBA athletes?

I think Ingram has a better chance to be a Durant type player than Simmons has a chance to be a Lebron type player (I see a lot more Lamar Odom in him, which, don't get me wrong...isn't a bad thing). He just doesn't have the LeBron first step.

Also bad length / measurements. The thing about the jumper, or lack thereof, is he is straight afraid to take a jumper. He doesn't take and miss, he passes up open 5-10 foot jumpers because he knows he can't make them.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#691 » by mpharris36 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think I am leaning Ingram as well because he's just more versatile. Simmons not have a jump shot is going to be a concern at the next level because he doesn't have LeBron quickness in term of getting into the paint. He has great vision and a great leaper but will he be able to consistently be able to get into the paint vs NBA athletes?

Also bad length / measurements. The thing about the jumper, or lack thereof, is he is straight afraid to take a jumper. He doesn't take and miss, he passes up open 5-10 foot jumpers because he knows he can't make them.

yes exactly. You just know he is a bad shooter because like you say he doesn't even look to shoot if he is outside the paint. Unless you have other worldly quickness to drive past your defender. You need to have some resemblance of a jump shot to be a threat so he can use his best trait which is using his size and strength in the paint. But teams wont even respect his shot until he first tries to attemp them.

Who knows. David Lee came into the league without a jumper and made himself into a capable outside shooter. But shooting off the dribble is a whole other animal and Simmons is a guy that is best with the ball in his hands so he will need to be able to shoot coming of screens and right now I don't see any semblance of that.

ROSTER

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#692 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Greenie wrote:For all that sh*t Boston was talking they have a bunch of sucky picks.

They got 8 picks this year. What are they gonna do? Send everyone to the D League?

I expect them to sell off some and even just dump some other guys who haven't panned out like James Young.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#693 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:52 pm

I don't remember any player who was afraid to shoot and developed a jumper.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#694 » by mpharris36 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:54 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

They got 8 picks this year. What are they gonna do? Send everyone to the D League?

I expect them to sell off some and even just dump some other guys who haven't panned out like James Young.

they are going to try to consolidate or make a trade for a player.

Problem with that is....late 1st rounders/second rounders don't get you much on the trade market. Nice fillers but they are going to have to move #3 and even that pick doesn't have as much value this year as other years because its widely considered a 2 player draft.

ROSTER

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#695 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

And yet everyone here was dying to trade Melo to them and hand them an ECF berth at the very least. For what? Buddy Hield? A worse version of Kp? Keep that chit over in Celtic land. Brooklyn isn't going to be bad next year. They have no reason to be so I have no interest in their picks going forward.

If BOS wanted Melo and vice versa, all I'd want is Bradley, the 3rd pick and the MEM pick. All these non lottery picks they can keep.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#696 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

If BOS wanted Melo and vice versa, all I'd want is Bradley, the 3rd pick and the MEM pick. All these non lottery picks they can keep.

I'd ask for Smart instead of the Memphis pick. If no, ask for every pick and see what they settle on. We could always flip them :lol:
semjazy
Junior
And1: 169

Post#697 » by semjazy » Wed May 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Why? They have problem similar to ours. Solid frontcourt (Young had one of his best season, and Lopez was good), and backcourt that is even worse than ours. And it's unlikely they would solve that, we would have trouble to attract free agents and their situation is ten times worse. I expect them to be as bad as they are now.
iAdoreeKnicks
Analyst
And1: 5,105

Post#698 » by iAdoreeKnicks » Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Really dissapointed that Lakers got to keep their pick.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#699 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:10 pm

semjazy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Why? They have problem similar to ours. Solid frontcourt (Young had one of his best season, and Lopez was good), and backcourt that is even worse than ours. And it's unlikely they would solve that, we would have trouble to attract free agents and their situation is ten times worse. I expect them to be as bad as they are now.

Brooklyn is a mess but they now have competent front office guys. I also think they have some decent younger dudes in RHJ and Chris McCullough to go with Brook and Thad. Larkin is a competent back up at this point. And I think they'll overpay some role players in FA because they have a ton of space and try to ride out this sh*tstorm of no picks until 2020 and stay decent until they control their own destiny. Like I said they have no reason to be bad so they're going to get at least some NBA quality dudes in FA and try to be competitive which will keep them out of the bottom 3 of the lottery.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,640

Post#700 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 18, 2016 3:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

If BOS wanted Melo and vice versa, all I'd want is Crowder, the 3rd pick and the MEM pick. All these non lottery picks they can keep.

fixed :D
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks