ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmelo's defense has been ridiculously good so far

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Re: Carmelo's defense has been ridiculously good so far 

Post#21 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:21 pm

A page complimenting Me7o on a part of his game everyone gets on him for...and the thread doesn't even get to 2 full pages :nonono:
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,158

Post#22 » by M2J » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Agreed, he's putting it all together, but I've always said if you put someone on front of melo...he can hold his own. Biggest thing is bad rotations, especially when he needs to rotate to protect the basket. He's been good there this season.

Melo for DPOY
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#23 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Nice to see the stats back up what many, including myself, have noticed since preseason. He's just trying harder on defense this season - IMO, the hardest he's tried his entire career. Still needs some work on off ball, as he tends to ball watch a little bit too much, but he's been awesome defensively. No complaints from me.

I've always felt a very overlooked aspect of defense is the overall team effort level

its not uncommon to have a stellar defender on a bad defensive team who just loses interest

we saw that with Shump and Chandler both

its also not uncommon to see a star player disregard defense on a bad defensive team because its not a team focus
I think we've seen this with Melo in the past. i suspect this is happening in Houston right now

This current team, and yes the coach as well, has emphasized defense and hustle. Were seeing it influence Melo for sure. Hell were seeing it influence Calderon too!
there is too much hard work and defense being shown out there for anyone to be a weak link and feel good about it

plus we are winning games with that defense which is obvious

when we can't score in the final mins but we still win no one suspects its anything other than defensive intensity
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#24 » by DowNY » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Carl_Karlson wrote:A page complimenting Me7o on a part of his game everyone gets on him for...and the thread doesn't even get to 2 full pages :nonono:

The haters don't wanna show face & show love. :lol:
They waiting for his defense to get back to lazy mode so they can bump the thread & say stuff like "you guys jumped the gun" & other pointless crap.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#25 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:03 pm

DowNY wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:A page complimenting Me7o on a part of his game everyone gets on him for...and the thread doesn't even get to 2 full pages :nonono:

The haters don't wanna show face & show love. :lol:

True and I know someone is eventually going to post the pic of "Let me give you the Realgm tour" pic in regard to my post, but it still needed to be said.
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]

Return to New York Knicks