ImageImageImageImageImage

ot: Captain America: Civil War TRAILER

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

ot: Captain America: Civil War TRAILER 

Post#1 » by kane » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:18 pm

looks amazing but be warned its kinda spoiler heavy .... will marvel ever learn to make a trailer without spoilers :noway:
Spoiler:
black panther also makes an appearance

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo[/youtube]
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Re: ot: Captain America: Civil War TRAILER 

Post#2 » by N8isScofield » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:27 pm

It looks cringeworthy. This is exactly what I was afraid of happening. Winter Soldier was amazing because it was a tight focused movie dealing with the extent to which Hydra had been able to thrive under the radar and the fact that you actually did care about the strain of Cap having to fight his friend. This is like a crappy riff on that with it being unbelievable that there's any real difficulty for Cap and Iron Man to fight. There's nothing whatsoever in their interactions to this point in the MCU that has made it feel like they'd have any real strain from being at odds. Marvel really doesn't do depth well. In order for an audience to be engaged in something like this you've got to actually feel that these characters are losing something by being opposed to each other and I don't know how they're going to manage that with the very simplistic level of development they've done with Cap and Iron Man's relationship thus far. I'm sick of seeing Iron Man in general because he's become over exposed and just as I feared I think his presence will ruin this movie. The Marvel fanboys will eat it up because as long as nobody gets hurt and there are a few explosions and corny jokes all is well and that's ok. I personally was hoping it would be more like TWS which to me is far and away the best Marvel film and one of the truly great superhero films ever made and that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Oh well I guess I'll wait and see but it looks very meh.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#3 » by frogfood » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Looks better than AoU, that's for sure.
kane
Head Coach

Post#4 » by kane » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:37 pm

i dont know about cringeworthy but i do agree with alot of your points N8isScofield this is what comes from having to make 2 movies a year i also think it looks better then AoU though for what its worth, they are getting close to the bubble bursting i just hope it doesn't happen before infinity war concludes... they need to dial it back a notch i like what they did with ant-man it was pretty much just a heist movie

now that disney has starwars at the first sign these movies start to tank i think thats exactly what they will do, at the very least they might cut back to only one MCU film a year and one star wars as their 2 tent poles
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#5 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:24 pm

I think it looks good. I loved Winter Soldier. There were shots of Black Panther...
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#6 » by Smash3 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Looks good, I don´t know what you guys are talking about, it´s a teaser.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
iAdoreeKnicks
Analyst
And1: 5,105

Post#7 » by iAdoreeKnicks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Excuse me while I go touch myself.
"So was I".. really got me.
NYK_Lampe
Rookie
And1: 60

Post#8 » by NYK_Lampe » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Smash3 wrote:Looks good, I don´t know what you guys are talking about, it´s a teaser.

OP was right its a trailer not teaser. Teasers are usually 30 seconds or under and show next to nothing about whats in the movie or the plot. This is a full fledged trailer
Kenyon009 wrote:Drafted another Barfnani?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#9 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Black Panther dude is in there
yay! hes awesome!
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#10 » by Fury » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:22 pm

Looks pretty good. They also got Spider-Man in this ****.
kane
Head Coach

Post#11 » by kane » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Smash3 wrote:Looks good, I don´t know what you guys are talking about, it´s a teaser.

N8isScofield is a well known DC fanboy and will bash anything marvel and if you talk bad about DC he will fly off the handle but in this case he has a few good points there is a crack in the MCU armor imo and yes this is a trailer not a teaser in fact they show to much of the movie if you ask me

not as big of a crack as man of steel though lmao bet you this movie blows BvS out of the water in review scores and box office :lol: /fanboyoff :D
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#12 » by Marty McFly » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 pm

yawn.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#13 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:08 pm

This is Marvel's answer to Twilight with Captain America as Bella who can't decide between Team Edward (Winter Soldier) and Team Jacob (Iron Man). It'll skirt past the collateral damage super heroes inflict upon cities. The Black Panther, one of my favs, is a nice addition but I fear he'll take 5th or even 6th seat after Spider-man and Black Widow. This can only end one way...Team Iron Man baby!
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#14 » by poeman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:27 am

It looks okay...movie could be better but I remember the winter soldier trailer and film was epic.

BvS will destroy this though
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#15 » by Detective » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:41 am

Spoiler:

Also, T'Challa is dat nikka. Usain Bolt'ing the **** outta there in that chase sequence

:nod:
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#16 » by Smash3 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:29 pm

NYK_Lampe wrote:

OP was right its a trailer not teaser. Teasers are usually 30 seconds or under and show next to nothing about whats in the movie or the plot. This is a full fledged trailer

:lol: According to Marvel: it is a teaser, or more specifically a teaser trailer.. Whatever that is.. Either way it's not exactly polished, and those who remember the winter soldier trailer, it didn't exactly do the movie justice so maybe not start talking in absolutes just yet?
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#17 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm guessing they'll have another Trailer to air right before Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it will probably include Spiderman.
kane
Head Coach

Post#18 » by kane » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:35 pm

poeman wrote:It looks okay...movie could be better but I remember the winter soldier trailer and film was epic.

BvS will destroy this though

im sorry i honestly don't want to turn this thread into a fanboy war but destroy?....... :uhoh: DC already caved and moved the date back because these movies were set to come out on the same weekend

heres my prediction, BvS will make more opening weekend because i think people are getting avengers fatigue and batman vs super man is something new but CW will make more world wide and overall for its box office run.... as far as scores thats a tuff one marvel has a blueprint for these movies and are very consistent i very much doubt it will score much lower then a 70 at metacritic on the other hand BvS i have no idea it could be MoS bad at a 55 or in the 80s but if i had to guess id say mid 60s

a major factor is how big of a role does spierman have and how hard do they push him in the ad campaign, if they set it up as his big debut in the MCU that could inflate the opening weekends numbers by alot but if its just a small cameo ... i hope both movies are good and they will both make a ton of cash but destroy? eh idk id call it a draw at worst

Return to New York Knicks