ImageImageImageImageImage

(Thankfully) OT: Jahlil Okafor gets into street fight, KO's guy in Boston

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,917

Re: (Thankfully) OT: Jahlil Okafor gets into street fight, KO's guy in Boston 

Post#121 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:59 am

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20151127_Okafor_also_involved_in_October_nightclub_incident.html

According to five sources who spoke to The Inquirer independently on condition of anonymity, Thursday morning's incident in Boston was not the first time Okafor has been in an altercation with a heckler while out and about.

At a Philadelphia club in October, sources said that Okafor exchanged words with a heckler while with teammates. As he and his teammates left the club, a source said, the heckler pointed a gun to Okafor's head outside the establishment.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#122 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:14 am

CoolKids wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:If I was on the Sixers, I'd be hating everyone...including my teammates. Most of those dudes aren't even NBA players. I wouldn't be able to take the losing, especially when I know that it's not going to change any time soon. It's too embarrassing. KAT gets to hang out and learn from dudes like KG, Russell has Kobe, KP has Melo, but meanwhile I'm hanging out with Robert Covington and Isaiah Canaan? Nah man...

I'd hate showing up to practice knowing I'm in the NBA practicing with non-NBA players every day. Notice how the argument started because the dude said that his team sucks

Covington is an NBA guy. Aside from that, yeah, I wouldn't wanna play for the 6ers and I'd be hella depressed if I had to play with them for a few years.

covington is a 12th man at best on a decent team. That team is so gnarly to look at. I'd say they have a better chance at going 0-82 then winning 15 games

The team is ****, but he's a two-way role player off the bench at worst and would honestly fit with our team nicely.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#123 » by AmazingJason » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:26 am

SelbyCobra wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20151127_Okafor_also_involved_in_October_nightclub_incident.html

According to five sources who spoke to The Inquirer independently on condition of anonymity, Thursday morning's incident in Boston was not the first time Okafor has been in an altercation with a heckler while out and about.

At a Philadelphia club in October, sources said that Okafor exchanged words with a heckler while with teammates. As he and his teammates left the club, a source said, the heckler pointed a gun to Okafor's head outside the establishment.

How is Okafor getting into these places? He's only 19. Unless he's going to Webster Hall :lol:

And I always thought famous athletes get a VIP section away from the public, and one of their entourage has the job of going out and summoning girls for them.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#124 » by TruthBeTold » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 am

KP told Fish to not take him out after 3 fouls or there would be consequences. He was right, the team got blown out again by Miami and KP was on the bench mad as hell and he wasn't going to take it any more. :o :lol: I predict the next NBA rookie fight will be Fisher vs. KP6. This fight is guaranteed to be the best entertainment by 2 Knicks employees. Per Per View worthy folks. And yes, I'd pay money to see Fisher get his ass handed to him AGAIN!... :lol:
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#125 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:09 am

TruthBeTold wrote:KP told Fish to not take him out after 3 fouls or there would be consequences. He was right, the team got blown out again by Miami and KP was on the bench mad as hell and he wasn't going to take it any more. :o :lol: I predict the next NBA rookie fight will be Fisher vs. KP6. This fight is guaranteed to be the best entertainment by 2 Knicks employees. Per Per View worthy folks. And yes, I'd pay money to see Fisher get his ass handed to him AGAIN!... :lol:

You got a link for this? Or is this just hear say..
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer

Post#126 » by TruthBeTold » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:19 am

NY2TheBay wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:KP told Fish to not take him out after 3 fouls or there would be consequences. He was right, the team got blown out again by Miami and KP was on the bench mad as hell and he wasn't going to take it any more. :o :lol: I predict the next NBA rookie fight will be Fisher vs. KP6. This fight is guaranteed to be the best entertainment by 2 Knicks employees. Per Per View worthy folks. And yes, I'd pay money to see Fisher get his ass handed to him AGAIN!... :lol:

You got a link for this? Or is this just hear say..

:o http://nbachina.qq.com/a/20151023/031852.htm :D
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#127 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:21 am

Cool, cant take you seriously now. Just had to make sure, carry on.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer

Post#128 » by TruthBeTold » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:34 am

NY2TheBay wrote:Cool, cant take you seriously now. Just had to make sure, carry on.

LOL, man I'm just messing with you. I heard KP didn't want Fisher to take him out after 3 fouls. And I saw a shot of KP looking mad on the bench while the Knicks were getting blown out. Hell, I can't take the Knicks serious until they give me a reason to be serious. So I have to make jokes just to survive being a Knicks fan. :( :cry:
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#129 » by el13adnino » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:If I were drafted by he Sixers, I wouldn't sign with them. I'd spend another yr developing overseas until they either trade my rights, or lose my rights.

That's not how it works.

so how does it exactly work? rookies dont sign there contract until a few days after the draft ... what would happen if he refused to sign with them (i know they'll hold his rights) but im really curious as to what would happen if a player refused to play for a team
:crazy:
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#130 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:51 pm

el13adnino wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:If I were drafted by he Sixers, I wouldn't sign with them. I'd spend another yr developing overseas until they either trade my rights, or lose my rights.

That's not how it works.

so how does it exactly work? rookies dont sign there contract until a few days after the draft ... what would happen if he refused to sign with them (i know they'll hold his rights) but im really curious as to what would happen if a player refused to play for a team

They own his draft rights indefinitely. The only way draft rights become void is if the player stops playing professional basketball for a full year. Nobody is that dumb.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#131 » by el13adnino » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
el13adnino wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:That's not how it works.

They own his draft rights indefinitely. The only way draft rights become void is if the player stops playing professional basketball for a full year. Nobody is that dumb.

lets play a game of what if:
what if oka4 torn his acl a week before the draft and clearly he is out for the year.
sixers draft him at 3 still and he refuses to play for them and doesnt sign the contract and he has to sit out for the year anyway.
he would be eligable to sign with whom he wants on june 25 of the following year.

am i right?
:crazy:
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#132 » by mugzi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:He defended himself better than he defends the rim.

Oh you! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#133 » by mugzi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:54 pm

kane2021 wrote:Im surprised by the excuses being made.

Playing in the NBA is a dream for most people. A privilege for the few lucky enough. Being drafted 3, making millions, living in a major city as the pro ball teams future. What more could you ask for? A better team? Demand a trade or refuse to play? Thats some real spoiled brat ****. Appreciate what you have when you have it so much better than most others. Because I can tell you from experience. It can go much faster than it came.

Kids got a poor attitude. You seen it at the press conference. You see it on the bench. I dont see a lick of potential leadership in him. This fight aint nothing good. This isnt a leader. He should have got his man out of there. Realizing they are above the heckles and have too much to loose. Instead he feels like he needs to prove something.

We got money ****! He's probably gotten 2 pay checks and thats his attitude? Already? 19 years old,... under age drinking. Drunk off his ass cant stand straight or talk right. In the streets fighting after a game before a holiday. Because he got heckled and told the truth.

If he dont get his act together, fast, he's going to be a sloppy 330 pounds at age 25 with injury problems. He reminded me of 2 players coming into the draft. And this just further confirms it. Vin Baker and Eddy Curry.

This. Playing in the league is a privilege not a right.

YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#134 » by AmazingJason » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:12 pm

mugzi wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Im surprised by the excuses being made.

Playing in the NBA is a dream for most people. A privilege for the few lucky enough. Being drafted 3, making millions, living in a major city as the pro ball teams future. What more could you ask for? A better team? Demand a trade or refuse to play? Thats some real spoiled brat ****. Appreciate what you have when you have it so much better than most others. Because I can tell you from experience. It can go much faster than it came.

Kids got a poor attitude. You seen it at the press conference. You see it on the bench. I dont see a lick of potential leadership in him. This fight aint nothing good. This isnt a leader. He should have got his man out of there. Realizing they are above the heckles and have too much to loose. Instead he feels like he needs to prove something.

We got money ****! He's probably gotten 2 pay checks and thats his attitude? Already? 19 years old,... under age drinking. Drunk off his ass cant stand straight or talk right. In the streets fighting after a game before a holiday. Because he got heckled and told the truth.

If he dont get his act together, fast, he's going to be a sloppy 330 pounds at age 25 with injury problems. He reminded me of 2 players coming into the draft. And this just further confirms it. Vin Baker and Eddy Curry.

This. Playing in the league is a privilege not a right.

Relieved we didn't end up with Okafor or Russell.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#135 » by denterprise » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:25 pm

el13adnino wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
el13adnino wrote:so how does it exactly work? rookies dont sign there contract until a few days after the draft ... what would happen if he refused to sign with them (i know they'll hold his rights) but im really curious as to what would happen if a player refused to play for a team

lets play a game of what if:
what if oka4 torn his acl a week before the draft and clearly he is out for the year.
sixers draft him at 3 still and he refuses to play for them and doesnt sign the contract and he has to sit out for the year anyway.
he would be eligable to sign with whom he wants on june 25 of the following year.

am i right?

I believe he goes back into the draft and would have to sit out another year before he can sign with a team of his choice. No one will give up two years when they can accept their qualifying offer when the time comes and be free in five or six years to sign where they want, Greg Monroe comes to mind.
denterprise
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by denterprise » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:44 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20151127_Okafor_also_involved_in_October_nightclub_incident.html

He had a gun pointed to his head and did not learn from that incident? This guy is extremely arrogant or just dumb, either way he is headed for an early grave if he does not get it together.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,917

Post#137 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:10 am

denterprise wrote:

He had a gun pointed to his head and did not learn from that incident? This guy is extremely arrogant or just dumb, either way he is headed for an early grave if he does not get it together.

:lol: It's worse than that:

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/witness-gun-pulled-jahlil-okafor-october-old-city-altercation

The 19-year-old Sixers’ rookie was outside an Old City nightclub after 2 a.m. on Oct. 4 when he and another person began arguing with two men sitting in a parked car near the corner of 2nd and Walnut Streets, according to a witness. The verbal disagreement escalated and a witness said he saw Okafor try to punch the driver through the open driver’s side window. During the altercation, the driver and passenger exited the car and the passenger pointed a gun in the direction of Okafor and his associate, per the witness.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,575

Post#138 » by Knick4Real » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:26 am

UDPATE: OK, here comes the charges and lawsuits. I knew the guy would come forward looking for retribution. SMH

YAHOO! SPORTS

A man has come forward saying Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor assaulted him during a fight in Boston that was recorded on cellphone video and posted online, police said.

The man filed a police report Friday saying he was punched and knocked to the ground outside a nightclub early Thursday morning, authorities said. The man said he needed stitches to close a cut above his eye, according to police.

The man told police that the fight broke out after some of his female friends refused the advances of two other men, including one believed to be Okafor.

Boston police said they are investigating the allegations. No charges have been announced.

The 19-year-old rookie said Friday that he was embarrassed about the scuffle and was dealing with the team and the NBA on possible discipline.

Okafor said he reacted to heckling about the Sixers, who lost to the Celtics Wednesday night to fall to 0-16 on the season.

''It was definitely dumb on my part,'' Okafor said Friday.

A few hours later, the Sixers fell to the Houston Rockets, 116-114, to remain winless on the season.

LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-police-probing-fight-involving-76ers-center-okafor-155010322--nba.html
denterprise
Assistant Coach

Post#139 » by denterprise » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:17 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
denterprise wrote:

:lol: It's worse than that:

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/witness-gun-pulled-jahlil-okafor-october-old-city-altercation

The 19-year-old Sixers’ rookie was outside an Old City nightclub after 2 a.m. on Oct. 4 when he and another person began arguing with two men sitting in a parked car near the corner of 2nd and Walnut Streets, according to a witness. The verbal disagreement escalated and a witness said he saw Okafor try to punch the driver through the open driver’s side window. During the altercation, the driver and passenger exited the car and the passenger pointed a gun in the direction of Okafor and his associate, per the witness.

Okafor is insecure and could be an alcoholic that can't handle criticism and rejection. His family and the 76'res better stop kissing his butt and enabling him before something tragic happens. How many more of these instances will come to light with him going after people that reject or criticize him.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#140 » by StephNYKurry » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:13 pm

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/&id=357904171&

Just got stopped for doing 108 over the Ben Franklin

I feel like Jules in Pulp Fiction. "THIS was divine intervention."
What do I care...it's rigged anyway

Return to New York Knicks