ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks 95 Warriors 116 WE DIDN'T GIVE UP 132 POINTS!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Re: PG: Knicks 95 Warriors 116 WE DIDN'T GIVE UP 132 POINTS! 

Post#201 » by islanders11040 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:This outcome honestly shouldve been worse. One of Stephs worst games of the season.

Its good to understand how far away we are. KP needs to take a BIG step this offseason, we need a legit attacking PG, and a 3 and D SG. I believe in Phil.

Ah, the first hints of KP dissatisfaction. Not that it's not true, but I was waiting for this and more. From "project" to high expectations.

Anyway, I know you are more level headed than that as a poster, I'm just waiting for the "KP isn't good enough, he's not Towns" thing to take off in earnest, as Towns IS the better player right now, and maybe forever. Figure, oh, halfway though next year the "KP sucks, not as good as Towns" contingent will be in full swing, if KP "only" improves by 25%.

It was a stroke of luck to get Phil to run the show. He is one of the few who I believe in to keep the Knicks long term future in focus over short term gains. One that isn't influenced by media and fan pressure. He did well in tempering expectations of fans before this season (especially with KP). I even liked Fisher's response of not being disappointed in not making playoffs even though he knows people would react to that statement with lines likes "i guess they don't care about winning" and the such.

That said, I do believe in KP's ability to make large strides this offseason. He is already so much better than he was a year ago. Im excited to see what he can do with time to focus solely on his game. The way opposing teams focus on him and attack him this year will pay dividends down the line.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,480

Post#202 » by Fat Kat » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:56 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

How a triangle set should be run. Hard cuts, not jogging. Cuts forcing the post defender to help. Crisp passes.

The Ws haul ass every play. You'd hope Fish brought that up postgame.

Fisher should be taking notes. Hopefully he's looking at the tape like...

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#203 » by Triple C » Mon Feb 1, 2016 6:55 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/694231821932867584[/tweet]

:roll:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,974

Post#204 » by Capn'O » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:05 pm

Triple C wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/694231821932867584[/tweet]

:roll:

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,492

Post#205 » by j4remi » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:10 pm

What are the odds that Fisher does each:
1. Removes Sasha from the rotation with Jose back
2. Doesn't remove anyone, but lowers everyone else's minutes to get Jose reps without hurting feelings
3. Continues to start Galloway
4. Removes Grant from the rotation with Jose back but keeps Sasha in

I'm legitimately asking. I think Jose gets the starts unless he's still shaky and I think Grant has an equal chance of getting his minutes cut to Sasha...because I don't have much faith in Fish.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#206 » by Triple C » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:23 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/694236180087468037[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/694237246606696448[/tweet]
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#207 » by Juco24 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:24 pm

j4remi wrote:What are the odds that Fisher does each:
2. Doesn't remove anyone, but lowers everyone else's minutes to get Jose reps without hurting feelings

I'm legitimately asking. I think Jose gets the starts unless he's still shaky and I think Grant has an equal chance of getting his minutes cut to Sasha...because I don't have much faith in Fish.

Seriously, whenever Sasha's on the court - I literally pout because I know it's just a matter of time... I haven't disliked a Knick this much since Shannon Blunderson. Seriously, dude has no business on a NBA roster. But yeah, I'm sure Fusher will cont to play him. :banghead:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#208 » by King of Canada » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:25 pm

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#209 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:This outcome honestly shouldve been worse. One of Stephs worst games of the season.

Its good to understand how far away we are. KP needs to take a BIG step this offseason, we need a legit attacking PG, and a 3 and D SG. I believe in Phil.

Ah, the first hints of KP dissatisfaction. Not that it's not true, but I was waiting for this and more. From "project" to high expectations.

Anyway, I know you are more level headed than that as a poster, I'm just waiting for the "KP isn't good enough, he's not Towns" thing to take off in earnest, as Towns IS the better player right now, and maybe forever. Figure, oh, halfway though next year the "KP sucks, not as good as Towns" contingent will be in full swing, if KP "only" improves by 25%.

What??? I am not dissatisfied with him at all. I am grateful and blessed to have him. Players make the "BIGGEST" jump from year one to year two in the league. Sorry this doesnt fit your narrative, I know this is what you wanted.

Man, people on this board sit in the dark and pounce on just about anything when they get the chance. They take a little piece out of a paragraph of words and try to spin it. Its not politics guys.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#210 » by Fat Kat » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:28 pm

j4remi wrote:What are the odds that Fisher does each:

Jose starts with a balky groin and Isiah Thomas looks like the original Isiah Thomas. Fisher and Jose talk post game about Calderon "gutting it out".

A few posters drone on about Jose's leadership, true point guard abilities, and how well he organizes the offense while shooting 50% on 4 shots.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#211 » by Reign23 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:32 pm

just saw the game in re-live. damn are these warriors great. I really believe they could go like 16:1 or 16:2 in the playoffs if they stay healthy. couple thoughts:

I just thought that a player couldn't be more outplayed than jose at home vs chris paul (especially in the first quarter) but Afflalo and KP got so brutaly murdered by thompson and draymond, that they could have a few nightmares ahead of them. unfortunaly these two are your 2nd and 3rd best players, so really no business against such a good team. they have 3 top 15-20 players (we have one) which is incredible.

now comes the most important part of the season. the next 18 games until the rematch with the warriors mid march will show where this whole thing goes. a lot of veeeery winable games (vs denver, @minnesota, @brooklyn, @lakers, @denver, vs portland, vs orlando, vs washington, @phoenix and 5 games against boston, detroit and the pacers.. obviously three of our main opponents for the final playoff spots). I think we have to win 11-12 games of these stretch. we just HAVE to.

and p.s. can someone tell m3 why this dumbass fisher put melo back in with the knicks down 17 and 8 minutes to go against the best team in the league?
formerly known as knickst4pe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#212 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:11 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

What??? I am not dissatisfied with him at all. I am grateful and blessed to have him. Players make the "BIGGEST" jump from year one to year two in the league. Sorry this doesnt fit your narrative, I know this is what you wanted.

Man, people on this board sit in the dark and pounce on just about anything when they get the chance. They take a little piece out of a paragraph of words and try to spin it. Its not politics guys.

You notice I said you are a more level headed poster. I was really just reaching here, but there have been others with the first whiff of KP grumblings. Will be interesting to see what happens next few years in regards to fan treatment. He's homegrown and brings it on D, so I'd say he'll be ok with the fans, but you never know.

I think it'll actually take KP until year 3 to make a big impact, but I'm willing to wait.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#213 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:14 pm

knickst4pe wrote:just saw the game in re-live. damn are these warriors great. I really believe they could go like 16:1 or 16:2 in the playoffs if they stay healthy. couple thoughts:

I just thought that a player couldn't be more outplayed than jose at home vs chris paul (especially in the first quarter) but Afflalo and KP got so brutaly murdered by thompson and draymond, that they could have a few nightmares ahead of them. unfortunaly these two are your 2nd and 3rd best players, so really no business against such a good team. they have 3 top 15-20 players (we have one) which is incredible.

now comes the most important part of the season. the next 18 games until the rematch with the warriors mid march will show where this whole thing goes. a lot of veeeery winable games (vs denver, @minnesota, @brooklyn, @lakers, @denver, vs portland, vs orlando, vs washington, @phoenix and 5 games against boston, detroit and the pacers.. obviously three of our main opponents for the final playoff spots). I think we have to win 11-12 games of these stretch. we just HAVE to.

and p.s. can someone tell m3 why this dumbass fisher put melo back in with the knicks down 17 and 8 minutes to go against the best team in the league?

In fairness to KP, he's still raw enough where HIS advantages can't give other teams nightmares, just yet, but Green, on the other hand, is THE ultimate matchup nightmare in the NBA.

As important as Thompson/Curry are to the Warriors success, it's really Draymond that sets them apart, for what he can do from the 4 and 5 position on offense yet still hold his own on D.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#214 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
You notice I said you are a more level headed poster. I was really just reaching here, but there have been others with the first whiff of KP grumblings. Will be interesting to see what happens next few years in regards to fan treatment. He's homegrown and brings it on D, so I'd say he'll be ok with the fans, but you never know.

I think it'll actually take KP until year 3 to make a big impact, but I'm willing to wait.

I did notice but I didnt like how you addressed my post and clumped me into a group to fit a narrative that you have. You picked out a few words and pounced like a cat. No matter what you prefaced it with it wasnt appropriate for what I stated. Now, if I have a history on here of bashing our players or I made an outlandish statement then fine, but dont pick out a few words and take it completely out of context.

It is historically known the biggest jump NBA players will make is from year one to year 2. KP knows it.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#215 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:44 pm

I mean, the Knicks' record without Jose Calderon hasn't been THAT outstanding now has it? That leads me to believe this team needs multiple areas of improvement. Some internally, others through any external means necessary.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#216 » by Red Vines » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:44 pm

[quote="Triple C"][tweet]https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/694236180087468037[/tweet]

We need someone who knows how to properly train and ride a unicorn . I thought I was exaggerating a little bit when I said we don't run plays, but then he says it. We have a coach who doesn't run plays...I don't even know what to say anymore.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#217 » by Fat Kat » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:46 pm

Red Vines wrote:
Triple C wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/694236180087468037[/tweet]

We need someone who knows how to properly train and ride a unicorn . I thought I was exaggerating a little bit when I said we don't run plays, but then he says it. We have a coach who doesn't run plays...I don't even know what to say anymore.

If you're just realizing this, I don't know what to say.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#218 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:47 pm

knickst4pe wrote:just saw the game in re-live. damn are these warriors great. I really believe they could go like 16:1 or 16:2 in the playoffs if they stay healthy. couple thoughts:

Klay Thompson is too one dimensional to be a top 15 player. He's a great shooter and improving off the dribble. He plays defense. Other than that he's average to below average in every other facet. He's a prototypical "3 and D" player on steroids and has a game that is accentuated by the system and players he plays with.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#219 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:48 pm

we run the triangle, there's only options. it's why we call timeout and it's always an iso. there's no plays to run.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#220 » by King of Canada » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:48 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Klay Thompson is too one dimensional to be a top 15 player. He's a great shooter and improving off the dribble. He plays defense. Other than that he's average to below average in every other facet. He's a prototypical "3 and D" player on steroids and has a game that is accentuated by the system and players he plays with.

Allan Houston + D on a championship caliber team
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:

Return to New York Knicks