ImageImageImageImageImage

Question concerning KP

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Re: Question concerning KP 

Post#21 » by Triple C » Wed Feb 3, 2016 3:22 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/694903050188800001[/tweet]
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#22 » by MartinsLusis » Wed Feb 3, 2016 3:26 pm

That's right. There are 3 reasons for that IMO: 1) He has never played so much; 2) The teams are paying much more attention to him and 3) He got a upper respiratory illness recently, I guess he still has problems with that.

There was a stretch where he looked better recently, but he got sick shortly after and also Melo went down which also affected his performance.
EpikNYK
Freshman
And1: 68

Post#23 » by EpikNYK » Wed Feb 3, 2016 3:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
EpikNYK wrote:He was hyped like the next Dirk/KD/Pau/Sabonis hybrid. He's nothing like that, he's just a stretch 4 right now with an occasional dream shake in our system. His rebounding has gone all the way down and he's back to shootings his typical 3-9 or worse. He might be tired, but looking @ Towns/Myles Turner/Booker even Jokic is starting to make me jealous. KP is regressing while other rookies are showing their potential. Defenses know how to shut down KP now, he's become a real non-factor on offense. It's pretty concerning.. But I gotta love his work ethic, so he should become a solid pro.

So where were you when KP was looking really good, say from games 5-45. Where was the post saying he looks so much better than Turner/Booker/Jockitch? Towns, it's a given he's the better player.

Lmao, i watch every game. You aren't the only one that does. Posting on here everyday doesn't determine if you watch every game or not. Get that through your head. Better player than towns? No. He's clearly regressing, there are factors into it but you can't deny that the defenses have figured him out. Towns is way more advanced in the post with crazy efficiency, all KP is right now is a spot up shooter. Am I concerned? Yes, but he'll get better when he gets stronger.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Post#24 » by Knicks Byke » Wed Feb 3, 2016 3:32 pm

EpikNYK wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
EpikNYK wrote:He was hyped like the next Dirk/KD/Pau/Sabonis hybrid. He's nothing like that, he's just a stretch 4 right now with an occasional dream shake in our system. His rebounding has gone all the way down and he's back to shootings his typical 3-9 or worse. He might be tired, but looking @ Towns/Myles Turner/Booker even Jokic is starting to make me jealous. KP is regressing while other rookies are showing their potential. Defenses know how to shut down KP now, he's become a real non-factor on offense. It's pretty concerning.. But I gotta love his work ethic, so he should become a solid pro.

So where were you when KP was looking really good, say from games 5-45. Where was the post saying he looks so much better than Turner/Booker/Jockitch? Towns, it's a given he's the better player.

Lmao, i watch every game. You aren't the only one that does. Posting on here everyday doesn't determine if you watch every game or not. Get that through your head. Better player than towns? No. He's clearly regressing, there are factors into it but you can't deny that the defenses have figured him out. Towns is way more advanced in the post with crazy efficiency, all KP is right now is a spot up shooter. Am I concerned? Yes, but he'll get better when he gets stronger.

you the type of poster that only comes around when things aint going so well. gtfoh poser
EpikNYK
Freshman
And1: 68

Post#25 » by EpikNYK » Wed Feb 3, 2016 3:35 pm

Knicks Bycke wrote:
EpikNYK wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

you the type of poster that only comes around when things aint going so well. gtfoh poser

Oh sorry, i ain't flocking when things get tough. I read the forums everyday, Another person who thinks posting more means that they are the bigger fan. Does And1's mean that you are the better poster too?
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#26 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 4:35 pm

You're a joke.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,725

Post#27 » by spree8 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 4:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Ah, here we go. The beginning of the "KP sucks" parade.

Seriously, people are crazy if they are ready to write him off already. Everyone so far has pretty much nailed why his production has slightly dipped. Schedule, playing time, outside commitments, travel, defenses focusing on him more, his age, etc... he needs to adjust. It will take time. R.E.L.A.X. ;)
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#28 » by islanders11040 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 4:51 pm

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#29 » by whocares1 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 4:59 pm

This is exactly why we have the worst fanbase. The kid has won rookie of the month 3 straight times with no legitimate point guard on the roster while playing the most games he's ever played, at 20 years old and LOOK how many have turned on him. Some of you guys think you're experts at basketball when you have no clue.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#30 » by islanders11040 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:02 pm

EpikNYK wrote:
Knicks Bycke wrote:
EpikNYK wrote:

Oh sorry, i ain't flocking when things get tough. I read the forums everyday, Another person who thinks posting more means that they are the bigger fan. Does And1's mean that you are the better poster too?

I mean you did only join RealGM on November 22 2015 the day after KP posted a 24/14/7 line on the rockets and after he was all over social media already. It lends credence to the idea you are a bandwagoner who only joined this site after KP blew up. And now you are throwing shade on him during his rookie season saying you are jealous of players like Jokic over KP when much of KP's stats have been consistent throughout the season.

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#31 » by Fury » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:13 pm

In a "bad" month, KP averaged 15 and 7. A 20 year rookie putting up those numbers when he's having an off month. Yeah, he's fine. He's obviously adjusting to the amount of games, like any other rookie, but he's still producing. He's just not at all-star level right now, and for some games, he was. At the same time, it wouldn't hurt to give him better shots. He works too hard to get his offense going because we have no legit PG. And before someone goes "MELO GETS HIS OWN SHOT" "AFFLALO GETS HIS OWN SHOT." Yes, no ****, but he's a PF and he's not at that level. He needs the support right now.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#32 » by emo » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:13 pm

April Melo & KP > The rest of the league

I'm waiting for it.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:18 pm

islanders11040 wrote:

lol, I believe that shows the original poster to be

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/youtube]
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#34 » by riter » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:35 pm

It's his skill that has allowed us to see what he can be.
Gets backed down?good enough foot work, length and motor to front his man.

Gets pushed out? good enough dribble and footwork to face up and shoot over.

Gets boxed out? athletic enough to jump over the top, or to disengage--lose his man--and then rebound.

but like most here have said, it's been 50 games.
Running down the floor, establishing deep post and maintaining it would take so much less energy than his normal game, but he's not strong enough to do it. As far as I can see, it's his only weakness, and I believe that problem will be solved in the next 2 summers.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#35 » by BugginOut » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:40 pm

LOL People just think he is having a bad stretch cause he hasn't dropped 20+ in a while. He has just become more consistent in his scoring, look at his past 10 games. He is consistently scoring between 13 and 17 PPG. He is also still playing great defense, though people are hating on him cause he got beat by Draymond Green in one game.

People need to relax and let the season play out before making judgmenton KP. And mods need to do something about the ball boy/throwaway accounts, who just come here to troll our player. (Comparing him to Lin? FOH)
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#36 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:46 pm

I have zero concerns. He's the only reason i even watch Knicks games.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#37 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:47 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:To play devil's advocate to almost everyone here. Maybe he's just not as good/far along as we thought?

KP is only the second best player on the knicks right now. But that doesn't anything i guess.
ToastinKP
Junior
And1: 147

Post#38 » by ToastinKP » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:53 pm

The kid is feeling the strain of the NBA, he is only human and will need to adjust to playing with the big boys. He will only get stronger in the off season. I think we should all be pretty happy what has happened so far.
Never underestimate the power of the Piragi
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#39 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:22 pm

KP is freaking tired all the time.

I don't know, what are people talking about. "He is regressing. Players are figuring him out".

Figuring out what? That he shoots threes, fade-away mid-range shots? The same thing he did in the beggining of the year? Only thing, n ow he is missing a lot of those, and you know why? Because he is freaking tired!

I mean, if you guys think, he will not learn any moves, and will be tired every year on the 50 games mark.. then ok :D I Guess you can think he will be "nothing special". :D

KP is raw, he still is a project.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#40 » by waya » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:38 pm

This post is embarrassing

Return to New York Knicks