ImageImageImageImageImage

NY POST: Invisible Phil Jackson?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Re: NY POST: Invisible Phil Jackson? 

Post#41 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Feb 7, 2016 11:24 pm

I'm glad Phil is quiet. I hate when he speaks.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,548

Post#42 » by Capn'O » Mon Feb 8, 2016 12:15 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Phil's actions at the trading deadline will do all the talking for him

That and when he does do something he'll talk about it then.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#43 » by ChosunX » Mon Feb 8, 2016 1:20 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Really if you think about it this is funny as hell. They need a knicks story for the sunday paper but have nothing. So he writes a story about Phil being invisible.

This right here is worth a good laugh. He sounds so upset.

Knicks president Phil Jackson’s boycott of the media — he hasn’t spoken since late September, three days before training camp — was barely tolerable when things were going decently. Now Jackson’s silence is reprehensible for 60 million reasons.

The players, the team executives, and the league, are boycotting the media. They have been irresponsible with these "source" reports. Tampered with business. Invaded people privacy. Sports journalism has turned into paparazzi and check out line gossip papers. And whats really messed up is how many of the top writers are so misinformed and make mistakes in their articles. Getting contracts wrong. Talking about trades for guys who cant be traded. Talking about players signing with teams that dont have money to sign them. Even getting the team a guy plays for wrong.

No more rumors and gossip for these guys. Now they have to study the CBA and actually watch games if they want to keep their jobs.

Ugh... I really hope that is true. About time they stood up for themselves in that regard. When you hear Jeff Van Gundy going off about it on air during a game, you know it's coming to a boiling point.

Like you said, it's messing with business. Big organizations like the NBA and the NFL no likey when you mess with business.

I just wanted to start a thread about it. By the way i think the NFL ratings were not affected by all the op eds and hand wringing, might as well just give cable the games and allow players engage with the press on their own terms. Sports leagues need to put some sort of PR accountants to look into how much the full of ish press that missed the boat on every facet of American life recently is helping their brands. But sports leagues don't have enough owner changes to have that dynamic mindset.
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#44 » by ohboy109 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 2:37 am

[quote="HarthorneWingo"]Until recently, there really wasn't much to talk about. Phil can't go running to the mic every time the team the team goes through a slump. Recently, we've had some injuries (Melo, Jose) and KP went through a little slump which is to be expected.

What's Phil supposed to say?

Anyhow, I think the team and Melo have to decide soon what direction to go into. Continue to build around Melo and KP or go for a total rebuild.[

Cant defend phil this all on him..from the triangle to the coach and his role player shopping spree..he sucks as a gm!!
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#45 » by siar617 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 2:44 am

I don't expect to hear anything until after the trade deadline
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#46 » by nykfan42 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:01 am

We suck right now so this fat slob Berman needs something to talk about. Phil's not gonna talk whether we're good or bad.
Make the Knicks great again!
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#47 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:58 am

Don't recall Phil being talkative at all this season, whether things were going good or bad. Maybe 1-2 press conferences, max.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#48 » by FKF » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:34 am

I hate the media. We actually can't stop losing since Stephen A Smith gave credit to Phil. Let him rant again please.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#49 » by NYKAL » Mon Feb 8, 2016 2:59 pm

tired of seeing this team suck. I/we have been bamboozled too many times by too many GM's. In the beginning I was buying in but, I have lost faith. This season is feeling like all the rest of our awful seasons except for the one aberrant season when we had all those old heads on the team.

Jackson has been invisible. The fans of this team that have stuck with and supported need to be reassured.

If no improvements have been made post allstar break, if Playoffs are NOT a priority for this team, I might just pull a TK and say fuc it. I'm done.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#50 » by Meat » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:06 pm

ohboy109 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Until recently, there really wasn't much to talk about. Phil can't go running to the mic every time the team the team goes through a slump. Recently, we've had some injuries (Melo, Jose) and KP went through a little slump which is to be expected.

Anyhow, I think the team and Melo have to decide soon what direction to go into. Continue to build around Melo and KP or go for a total rebuild.[

Cant defend phil this all on him..from the triangle to the coach and his role player shopping spree..he sucks as a gm!!

he's not the gm
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#51 » by StephNYKurry » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:54 pm

How invisible is he now? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#52 » by ohboy109 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:40 am

Meat wrote:
ohboy109 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Until recently, there really wasn't much to talk about. Phil can't go running to the mic every time the team the team goes through a slump. Recently, we've had some injuries (Melo, Jose) and KP went through a little slump which is to be expected.

he's not the gm

what is he then?? come on..
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

NY POST: Invisible Phil Jackson? 

Post#53 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:52 am

He's the president. So, how many new members of Team Hoodwinked, are there?

I actually prefer shut up and stay out of the way Phil. His job is not to mismanage assets for the next 2 years and leave the Knicks with cap space and get the draft right. So far he's doing that. Just don't try to arrogantly shift blame and talk bullchit mysticism. By the way that transformational coaching is working. Lopez said the team wasn't on the same page against Nets. Rambis had 9 days to prepare. He's transformed them into his Wolves.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#54 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:59 pm

This arrogance that the pre planned moves are all it will take is tough to understand. It seems like Phil has a plan, but is scared to make "in game adjustments". He really believes he's already thought it out and everything will end up working out.

Sure, he has an incredibly naive fan base that will be totally fine if he says wait 2 more seasons or wait 3 more seasons. But how can he be ok with this? How can he blame head coaching on the backcourt this team has?

Would Phil have made changes to this backcourt of someone else put it together? Yes. Why is he so arrogant about his own decisions?

The jimmer move was planned for months. That means the question is why didn't we see him 20-30 games ago? Why haven't we seen Tony Wroten?
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#55 » by el13adnino » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:32 pm

phil 'hollow man' jackson
:crazy:
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#56 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:09 pm

ohboy109 wrote:
Meat wrote:
ohboy109 wrote:

he's not the gm

what is he then?? come on..

President of basketball operations
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#57 » by Context » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:52 pm

I support Phil 200%
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#58 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:02 pm

InvisiPhil
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#59 » by moocow007 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:03 pm

siar617 wrote:what president is talking to the media every week

Were not talking about every week. We're talking about not once in nearly 6 months.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#60 » by moocow007 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:04 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Phil's actions at the trading deadline will do all the talking for him

So...what you're saying is....

Return to New York Knicks