ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Final Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Re: OT: Final Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer 

Post#301 » by AmazingJason » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:29 am

kane wrote:
Warner Bros. Confirms Solo BATMAN Film With Ben Affleck Directing

If you loved Ben Affleck as Batman, it's time to celebrate! According to Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Ben Affleck will don the Dark Knight's cape and cowl for his very own Batman standalone film!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/warner-bros-confirms-the-batman-film-with-ben-affleck-a137476

It'll be exhausting and stressful to both play Batman and direct a blockbuster film. Why not have Snyder direct it? For stability and continuity :D :D :D :D :D
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,535

Post#302 » by Meat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:33 am

AmazingJason wrote:
kane wrote:

If you loved Ben Affleck as Batman, it's time to celebrate! According to Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Ben Affleck will don the Dark Knight's cape and cowl for his very own Batman standalone film!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/warner-bros-confirms-the-batman-film-with-ben-affleck-a137476

It'll be exhausting and stressful to both play Batman and direct a blockbuster film. Why not have Snyder direct it? For stability and continuity :D :D :D :D :D

there's a special rung of hell for you
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,535

Post#303 » by Meat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:36 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Seeing it for the second time on Thursday - IN 4D. My dad saw at a regular theater last Saturday and he loved it.

Screw the critics.

does your dad also drink bud light lime?
AmazingJason
RealGM

Post#304 » by AmazingJason » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:38 am

Meat wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:

there's a special rung of hell for you

Snyder's best film was a remake.

He can remake The Dark Knight :o :lol:

El Poochio - POBO

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#305 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:52 am

Meat wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Seeing it for the second time on Thursday - IN 4D. My dad saw at a regular theater last Saturday and he loved it.

Screw the critics.

does your dad also drink bud light lime?

No. I don't get it why people won't allow others to enjoy the movie.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#306 » by N8isScofield » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 pm

kane wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:Justice League starts filming tomorrow. If Zack Snyder is ever going to make a great movie this is the one he needs to get right.

the sad thing is you will have a easier time selling 'batman vs superman' then a movie called 'justice league' to the casual audience, and after the pounding this movie took DC is in a bad spot

its to late to try and get a solo affleck batman movie out before hand they just have to hope SS and WW are amazing or you might never get to a solo flash or cyborg movie, witch is a shame because word was flash movie would of been based around 'flash point'

Yeah I'm honestly most disappointed that Zack has hurt the chances of Flash and Cyborg's solos getting made. They have James Wan for Aquaman so that should get made. The selfish part of me is just happy that Affleck's solo is coming. I honestly don't care nearly as much about any of the others outside Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#307 » by N8isScofield » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:21 pm

moocow007 wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:Justice League starts filming tomorrow. If Zack Snyder is ever going to make a great movie this is the one he needs to get right.

Of the other characters he's introduced the only one that seems that could work in a more "dark" storyline is Aquaman. Jason Mamoa is rocking the Aquaman look.

Yeah I like Mamoa a lot. I like the whole cast. Snyder is the problem. Even if he miraculous delivers a good movie that doesn't have plot holes that Eddy Curry could drive though the damage is done. Critics are going in expecting it to suck. His name is becoming toxic. It isn't M Night level yet but it's getting there. His involvement will hurt at the box office regardless of how good or bad it is.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#308 » by N8isScofield » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:34 pm

frogfood wrote:
kane wrote: ZS trying to be a poor mans nolen

That's a flippant and ludicrous statement and you know it. You still trolling? If you hate ZS' style that fine, but the two aren't alike at all. ZS' style is unique and his own: Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, 300, MoS, BvS are easily traceable to ZS if you watched any of them and didn't know he was the director.

I've disagreed with Kane a lot but I think he's spot on here. You guys may not know this but Zack was like the 7th choice to direct Man of Steel. WB initially wanted Nolan to direct it because of the success of The Dark Knight but he didn't want to do it and agreed to produce instead. WB wanted something similar in tone to Nolan's work since they couldn't get Nolan himself to direct. There were about 6 other directors who Nolan considered who did not want to touch Superman. Snyder was the first one who did supposedly. The funny thing is that 2 years before he directed MOS Snyder was quoted as saying what I'm paraphrasing as basically Superman is corny and uninteresting. I think Zack knew all along that taking MOS was the key to getting to use Batman in a movie and so in MOS with Nolan more involved he tried to do his best Nolan impersonation. That was what he felt he needed to do to get the character he really wanted. From the second he too Man of Steel he had visions of adapting The Dark Knight Returns though of course he wouldn't admit it. MOS wasn't as disastrous because Nolan was still in the background.

Now fast forward to BvS. Snyder has painted himself into a corner. Nolan isn't involved anymore and he kind of got himself in trouble trying to emulate him in MOS. So now he has to sort of continue that tone but also try to transition to what should be a lighter tone for JL. Now he brings in Chris Terrio to supplement the elements that are missing without Nolan, mainly this kind of existential analysis of the mythological characters. It backfired though because as good a writer as Terrio is he has no knowledge of the characters and as such there was nobody to steer Zack away from mistakes in characterization with Superman especially. There was just too much to do without the necessary talent in the production team to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if JL is a better movie if Zack just goes out and makes a Zack Snyder movie instead of trying to do Nolan for WB. The trouble is that he has damaged the brand to where regardless of quality JL is going to leave money on the table. Too many people are not going to give Zack a 2nd or 3rd time to waste their money.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#309 » by Smash3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 pm

Solo Affleck film will probably be the best DC film Warner Bros puts out for a while, hopefully´ll be something like the Winter Soldier.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Smash3
RealGM

Post#310 » by Smash3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:41 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
frogfood wrote:
kane wrote: ZS trying to be a poor mans nolen

That's a flippant and ludicrous statement and you know it. You still trolling? If you hate ZS' style that fine, but the two aren't alike at all. ZS' style is unique and his own: Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, 300, MoS, BvS are easily traceable to ZS if you watched any of them and didn't know he was the director.

I've disagreed with Kane a lot but I think he's spot on here. You guys may not know this but Zack was like the 7th choice to direct Man of Steel. WB initially wanted Nolan to direct it because of the success of The Dark Knight but he didn't want to do it and agreed to produce instead. WB wanted something similar in tone to Nolan's work since they couldn't get Nolan himself to direct. There were about 6 other directors who Nolan considered who did not want to touch Superman. Snyder was the first one who did supposedly. The funny thing is that 2 years before he directed MOS Snyder was quoted as saying what I'm paraphrasing as basically Superman is corny and uninteresting. I think Zack knew all along that taking MOS was the key to getting to use Batman in a movie and so in MOS with Nolan more involved he tried to do his best Nolan impersonation. That was what he felt he needed to do to get the character he really wanted. From the second he too Man of Steel he had visions of adapting The Dark Knight Returns though of course he wouldn't admit it. MOS wasn't as disastrous because Nolan was still in the background.

Now fast forward to BvS. Snyder has painted himself into a corner. Nolan isn't involved anymore and he kind of got himself in trouble trying to emulate him in MOS. So now he has to sort of continue that tone but also try to transition to what should be a lighter tone for JL. Now he brings in Chris Terrio to supplement the elements that are missing without Nolan, mainly this kind of existential analysis of the mythological characters. It backfired though because as good a writer as Terrio is he has no knowledge of the characters and as such there was nobody to steer Zack away from mistakes in characterization with Superman especially. There was just too much to do without the necessary talent in the production team to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if JL is a better movie if Zack just goes out and makes a Zack Snyder movie instead of trying to do Nolan for WB. The trouble is that he has damaged the brand to where regardless of quality JL is going to leave money on the table. Too many people are not going to give Zack a 2nd or 3rd time to waste their money.

The funny thing is I believe Nolan was supposedly going to play a big role in the production, but with all the crazy ideas from Snyder and Goyer I think he got fed up and let them have their way meanwhile trying to do as much damage control as possible:

“In the original version of the script, Zod just got zapped into the Phantom Zone,” Snyder explains on the podcast, “But David, Chris and I had long talks about it, and I said that I really feel like we should kill Zod, and that Superman should kill him. The 'Why?' of it for me was that if was truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained… I wanted to create a scenario where Superman, either he's going to see [Metropolis' citizens] chopped in half, or he's gotta do what he's gotta do.”

Goyer agreed with Snyder on the idea, but there remained one behind-the-scenes holdout, and not a lightweight one either: producer Christopher Nolan. “[Chris] originally said, 'There's no way you can do this.' After checking in with DC Comics about the change, to which they responded positively, Goyer was spurred forward. “I came up with this idea of heat vision and these people about to die, and I wrote the scene, gave it to Chris, and he said, 'Okay you've convinced me.' ”

I can imagine Nolan was like: (after every other meeting)

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#311 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Nolan is my favorite current director. I think his mental approach towards filmmaking and characters is unrivaled at this point.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#312 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Smash3 wrote:Solo Affleck film will probably be the best DC film Warner Bros puts out for a while, hopefully´ll be something like the Winter Soldier.

Affleck is mad underrated from the directors chair. He was a cheesy actor a lot in his youth, but I think he is has blossomed into a much better actor and is a solid director.
Smash3
RealGM

Post#313 » by Smash3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:12 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Smash3 wrote:Solo Affleck film will probably be the best DC film Warner Bros puts out for a while, hopefully´ll be something like the Winter Soldier.

Affleck is mad underrated from the directors chair. He was a cheesy actor a lot in his youth, but I think he is has blossomed into a much better actor and is a solid director.

True, true never really liked him as an actor but his directing with Gone Baby Gone and the Town were great.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#314 » by kane » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Smash3 wrote:The funny thing is I believe Nolan was supposedly going to play a big role in the production, but with all the crazy ideas from Snyder and Goyer I think he got fed up and let them have their way meanwhile trying to do as much damage control as possible:

god i remember it like it was yesterday, the MoS thread where people were saying nolan was producer and all hands on in the project... and i said he was just a name for the poster to try and sell more tickets and thats where my marvel fanboy tag came about :lol: :lol: :lol:

superman returns was not a flop it made money just not enough... alot like BvS, in fact the whole basis for superman returns was 3 and 4 never happen, green lantern was going to get a sequel till it actually came out .... the only reason they might not pull the plug on JL is because they want a solo ben affleck batman movie at this point, but if the JL movie tanks thats the end of the DCEU.... you might see a small budget lobo movie directed by tim miller (deadpool) and more ben affleck batman movies but thats about it
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#315 » by N8isScofield » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Smash3 wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:
frogfood wrote:

The funny thing is I believe Nolan was supposedly going to play a big role in the production, but with all the crazy ideas from Snyder and Goyer I think he got fed up and let them have their way meanwhile trying to do as much damage control as possible:

“In the original version of the script, Zod just got zapped into the Phantom Zone,” Snyder explains on the podcast, “But David, Chris and I had long talks about it, and I said that I really feel like we should kill Zod, and that Superman should kill him. The 'Why?' of it for me was that if was truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained… I wanted to create a scenario where Superman, either he's going to see [Metropolis' citizens] chopped in half, or he's gotta do what he's gotta do.”

Goyer agreed with Snyder on the idea, but there remained one behind-the-scenes holdout, and not a lightweight one either: producer Christopher Nolan. “[Chris] originally said, 'There's no way you can do this.' After checking in with DC Comics about the change, to which they responded positively, Goyer was spurred forward. “I came up with this idea of heat vision and these people about to die, and I wrote the scene, gave it to Chris, and he said, 'Okay you've convinced me.' ”

I can imagine Nolan was like: (after every other meeting)

Yup. I also think that Nolan was just tired of Superhero movies in general. After Heath Ledger died his heart just wasn't in it anymore. He had to scrap his plans for the third movie and come up with a new plot and I really don't think he wanted to do TDKR anyway. He just kind of had to because of the insane demand and WB giving him a blank check for Inception and now basically anything he wants to make. He definitely has distanced himself entirely since MOS though. WB's biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of a Feige. WB is very much WB and there really is no DC films department for live action. What should happen is that Bruce Timm should be in an advisory role where he shakes his head violently at all of Snyder's dumber ideas and nods approvingly when he has good ones but for some reason that isn't the case.
AmazingJason
RealGM

Post#316 » by AmazingJason » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Wonder how much $$$ Ben is getting to star and direct this flick. WB isn't f*cking around and they want to save this franchise from imploding. There is no max contract in the film industry :o

El Poochio - POBO

Smash3
RealGM

Post#317 » by Smash3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:26 pm

AmazingJason wrote:Wonder how much $$$ Ben is getting to star and direct this flick. WB isn't f*cking around and they want to save this franchise from imploding. There is no max contract in the film industry :o

Depends on what kind of contract he negotiated before hand, Marvel took a bet on RDJ who had a bad past and gave him a one year contract, after the success of the first movie – "SHOW ME THE MONEY" dude is earning 50mil per flick now, Marvel learned though, they have pretty much everyone else on 5-7mil per picture deals for 7-8 movies each. :lol:
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#318 » by N8isScofield » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:38 am

You know it's funny, I feel like they may be grooming Ben to be like a Jr. Nolan if you will. Putting Batman aside for a moment I think they feel pretty confident that he'll direct a film that will make some noise around awards season for them every few years. Now combine that with a very successful first outing as Batman (in terms of how he was received) and they are very much in the Ben Affleck business. He's going to help them a lot both critically and financially. As far as what he'll be paid, I think it will be staggering. Supposedly Christopher Nolan made about 70 million for Inception. Inception made $825 million against a budget of 160 million. Affleck's Batman movie if up to his usual standards should have a similar gross with potentially a smaller budget. Now factor in the fact that he's starring in the film too. He might make 80-100 million dollars on his solo movie alone plus whatever he made for BvS and whatever he's making for JL 1 and 2. It's not inconceivable that he could make 150-200 million dollars playing Batman depending of course on how his deal is structured and whether he continues to play the character beyond the listed movies.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#319 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:18 pm

So much better second time around. So much better. 4D is also **** amazing. Wow.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#320 » by kane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:19 am

batman v superman ultimate edition is out about to watch it ... Jesus it's 3 hours

Return to New York Knicks