ImageImageImageImageImage

ALL-TIME LEGENDS DRAFT: DISCUSSION

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Re: ALL-TIME LEGENDS DRAFT: DISCUSSION 

Post#3281 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 am

Results for Final 4 are in!

Round 4 Final Four Playoffs

(1) moocow007 (74-44) vs. (12) Smash3 (26-20)
Summary:
Spoiler:
UPSET CITY!!! WOW, I didn't see this coming. Smash3 wins the series 4-0 and knocks out the #1 seed to head to the championship. Rodman had huge games in the first 2 games. Roy with the game winning 3 in game 3...clutch again! Malone with a game saving block on Johnson in Game 3! Lilliard had a big game too in that one. Roy had a triple double in game 4. Malone was a beast throughout the series...unstoppable.

https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009034&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009039&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009043&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009045&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1

(3) lilroddyb (52-22) vs. (7) KnicksFan1992 (8-4)
Summary:
Spoiler:
Another sweep in the conference finals, wow..I didn't see that coming either! This one goes to lilroddyb with the sweep 4-0! None of the games were particularly close and pure domination from lilroddy from the beginning. Robinson/Westbrook the dynamic duo were unstoppable for his team and carried the team to the NBA Finals!

https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009054&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009059&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009067&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=12009071&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
(12) Smash3 vs. (3) lilroddyb

VS.

Malone vs Robinson should be battle of pure strength inside. Will Westbrook win his first ring? Two improbable teams in the championship game with one team having the second to last pick while the other team having a middle of the round pick. Who will prevail?

Let me know when you guys are ready to sim and if you guys would like to do the whole series. The breakdown is every 3 games and game 7 if necessary if you would like to go that route. GOOD LUCK!

P.S-Still rooting for lilroddyb and the underdog...Smash3 can't win all the time! :P
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,727

Post#3282 » by spree8 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:11 am

Wow, two sweeps is crazy..

Smash's Malone/Rodman combo is just too damn good and virtually unbeatable.

lilroddy beating Knickfan1992 like that was huge...Knickfan's team has been killin it.

Should be a good series
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#3283 » by Context » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:33 am

Smash clearly knows the tricks of the sim...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#3284 » by Smash3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Damn, a sweep huh? Moo´s team was beasting on me in the regular season and was one of the few teams that consistently out rebounded me, so instead of trying to compete with him on the boards I reverted Rodman back to his bad boys days and put him on the perimeter to lock players up, English as the stretch 4 – I knew I ended the blowouts from Moo with that move but did´nt see a sweep coming. Congrats to Roddy – finals comprised of the lower picking teams 8-)

G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Smash3
RealGM

Post#3285 » by Smash3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Context wrote:Smash clearly knows the tricks of the sim...

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#3286 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:14 pm

spree8 wrote:Wow, two sweeps is crazy..

lilroddy beating Knickfan1992 like that was huge...Knickfan's team has been killin it.

Should be a good series

Really didn't think I would get beat like that... I knew Westbrook at the 2 would be somewhat of an issue for my guys and I considered running a 2 pg line-up with Kobe at the 3 to counter act it but, I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it boy was I wrong... I also didn't think Willis Reed would get eviscerated like he did against D-Rob like that. Congrats to Roddy though his team is a problem.
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Post#3287 » by lilroddyb » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
spree8 wrote:Wow, two sweeps is crazy..

Should be a good series

Really didn't think I would get beat like that... I knew Westbrook at the 2 would be somewhat of an issue for my guys and I considered running a 2 pg line-up with Kobe at the 3 to counter act it but, I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it boy was I wrong... I also didn't think Willis Reed would get eviscerated like he did against D-Rob like that. Congrats to Roddy though his team is a problem.

Thanks,

I really thought this series could go either way so I was really surprised to see the sweep
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#3288 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:44 pm

To Smash...

Context
RealGM

Post#3289 » by Context » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Smash3 wrote:

Don't flatter yourselves :lol: I could careless- seriously. I just find it interesting that
you have won the last three sims and I expect you to win this one. Sims that included assembled teams that would never
win it all.

There is probably some "sim formula" that you are well informed on :wink:

This last team not included but you are the guy that I would hire as a co GM to beat the sim :lol:
Spoiler:
Smash3
RealGM

Post#3290 » by Smash3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Context wrote:
Smash3 wrote:

Don't flatter yourselves :lol: I could careless- seriously. I just find it interesting that
you have won the last three sims and I expect you to win this one. Sims that included assembled teams that would never
win it all.

This last team not included but you are the guy that I would hire as a co GM to beat the sim :lol:

All my teams are built to win – not in sim world but in every assembled BAT league, the last three BAT´s I´ve also consistently ranked very high in judging by other players and I just won the previous one through pure judging, the one prior to that Br7knicks ran a sim and this one is a whatifsports sim (completely different sims) so this " you have a sim formula" comes across as your regular salty discharge at the end of every BAT when your team does poorly:

Context
RealGM

Post#3291 » by Context » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Context wrote:
Smash3 wrote:

win it all.

All my teams are built to win – not in sim world but in every assembled BAT league, the last three BAT´s I´ve also consistently ranked very high in judging by other players and I just won the previous one through pure judging, the one prior to that Br7knicks ran a sim and this one is a whatifsports sim (completely different sims) so this " you have a sim formula" comes across as your regular salty discharge at the end of every BAT when your team does poorly:

think whatever you want bro...just an honest view by me...
Spoiler:
Smash3
RealGM

Post#3292 » by Smash3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Context wrote:
Smash3 wrote:
Context wrote:Don't flatter yourselves :lol: I could careless- seriously. I just find it interesting that
win it all.

Fair enough, but a word for the wise stay flexible my friend, you keep talking about winning in the "real world" in every BAT yet you consistently forget this is a BAT. You don´t need a Lebron or Curry to win it all if you assemble your team really well in these BATs, it´s the same reason Moo can have superstars coming off the bench (and still dominate) in this BAT or Roddy can have Westbrook playing shooting guard – it´s not the real world or the 2015-16 season. It´s a BAT, and thus you have to adjust accordingly to matchups, teams built so far etc. The real world is the BAT league we create.
Context
RealGM

Post#3293 » by Context » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Context wrote:
Smash3 wrote:

Fair enough, but a word for the wise stay flexible my friend, you keep talking about winning in the "real world" in every BAT yet you consistently forget this is a BAT. You don´t need a Lebron or Curry to win it all if you assemble your team really well in these BATs, it´s the same reason Moo can have superstars coming off the bench (and still dominate) in this BAT or Roddy can have Westbrook playing shooting guard – it´s not the real world or the 2015-16 season. It´s a BAT, and thus you have to adjust accordingly to matchups, teams built so far etc. The real world is the BAT league we create.

relax bro its a game. there's some real wisdom for you- again, stop flattering yourself- I don't care. I said from the BEGINNING OF THIS that I was building a team FOR ME. Do I need to copy paste and quote it for you? What don't you get? that alone makes your ranting irrelevant. You're winning and will win the sim - again, why are YOU so "salty" about my "fair" comment... :noway:
Spoiler:
Smash3
RealGM

Post#3294 » by Smash3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Come on Context, stop with the passive aggressiveness followed by a: "relax bro, relax bro" when posters set you straight. The majority knows that most of my posts are all fun and games :lol:
Context
RealGM

Post#3295 » by Context » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Smash3 wrote:Come on Context, stop with the passive aggressiveness followed by a: "relax bro, relax bro" when posters set you straight. The majority knows that most of my posts are all fun and games :lol:

ooookk...so now you're trying to tell me your original "so salty comment" wasn't serious? :lol:
whatever...
Spoiler:
Context
RealGM

Post#3296 » by Context » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:19 pm

and there's nothing behind my original comment other than my honest view on you winning the last three sims (including this one). Sorry but I think you are well informed on how to build a winning team in the sim. You choose to take that as negative. I was just stating my view. I didn't tell you to make this anything more than what it was- my opinion. And for the record, you and MOST of these so called posters that you are referring to couldn't "set me straight". :lol: :noway:
Spoiler:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#3297 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 pm

At the end of the day moocow >>> all regardless of the outcome.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#3298 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 am

I was wondering I haven't seen Context lately, I'm sure he will have something to say about this, and there he shows up. :lol: Gotta give props to Smash3 on killing these BATs though.

Smash3 and lilroddyb..whenever you guys are ready to sim, let me know. Let me know the duration you want too. Thanks!
Smash3
RealGM

Post#3299 » by Smash3 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:52 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:I was wondering I haven't seen Context lately, I'm sure he will have something to say about this, and there he shows up. :lol: Gotta give props to Smash3 on killing these BATs though.

Smash3 and lilroddyb..whenever you guys are ready to sim, let me know. Let me know the duration you want too. Thanks!

As always sim it all the way through, last team huddle: :hug: "Worm: Do I finally get to clothesline the Admiral? " Whatever you do, don´t let him go off on us like he´s been killing the rest. :lol:
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Post#3300 » by lilroddyb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:18 pm

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:I was wondering I haven't seen Context lately, I'm sure he will have something to say about this, and there he shows up. :lol: Gotta give props to Smash3 on killing these BATs though.

I wont make any adjustments so you are free to sim the whole series

Return to New York Knicks