ImageImageImageImageImage

OT. The Donald Trump (and Politics) Momentum Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Re: OT. The Donald Trump (and Politics) Momentum Thread 

Post#2261 » by CJackson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:HRC and Trump are both scum. The thinking that a vote for stein or whatever third party rep is a vote away from HRC or Trump is what is part of the problem in our country by giving in to the 2 party system. Paradigm shift needs to happen eventually.

Politics is politics, these people say and feed you what they feel you want to hear whether its regurgitated or original.

I feel your thought was incomplete. What is the paradigm shift?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#2262 » by GONYK » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:27 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:HRC and Trump are both scum. The thinking that a vote for stein or whatever third party rep is a vote away from HRC or Trump is what is part of the problem in our country by giving in to the 2 party system. Paradigm shift needs to happen eventually.

Politics is politics, these people say and feed you what they feel you want to hear whether its regurgitated or original.

A shift to what?
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#2263 » by N8isScofield » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:27 pm

beasonu wrote:There is nothing more pathetic a man with testosterone can do than voting for a woman to run this country. Layer her failed term as Secretary of State and the impeach her husbandr had, and still voting for her?

What a disgrace. And LMFAO, weak brittled little men.

Truly one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. I would however counter that there is actually nothing more pathetic than a man so weak and insecure that they have to be as sexist and demeaning as you are. I mean you really must piss with tweezers to be such a hateful sexist. It would be perfectly fine if you didn't think it was prudent to vote for her based on her record, that's understandable. However to say that it's pathetic that a man would dare vote for a woman to run the country just shows what a fragile little creature you are. I wish I could find a woman willing to get her hands dirty so she could give you all the hugs your mother clearly didn't.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#2264 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:31 pm

CJackson wrote:

Not really incomplete rather incomplete on the end of US citizens. The shift in ideology that we have to vote one way or another when we the people are in control in the first place. Why must we be force fed into deciding the next president elect? Lets get behind a third party and make it a three team race here, after all we have the power to do so. The media and powers that be lend you to believe that we dont.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#2265 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
beasonu wrote:There is nothing more pathetic a man with testosterone can do than voting for a woman to run this country. Layer her failed term as Secretary of State and the impeach her husbandr had, and still voting for her?

Truly one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. I would however counter that there is actually nothing more pathetic than a man so weak and insecure that they have to be as sexist and demeaning as you are. I mean you really must piss with tweezers to be such a hateful sexist. It would be perfectly fine if you didn't think it was prudent to vote for her based on her record, that's understandable. However to say that it's pathetic that a man would dare vote for a woman to run the country just shows what a fragile little creature you are. I wish I could find a woman willing to get her hands dirty so she could give you all the hugs your mother clearly didn't.

i truly fear for our nation when I read stupidity such as beasonu's blather

how do you deal intelligently with a person who starts at such a position of stupidity, intolerance and ignorance?

I dont know if its even possible
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#2266 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:33 pm

GONYK wrote:

A shift to what?

more freedom of choice and the belief that it can be a viable option.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#2267 » by GONYK » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:35 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
CJackson wrote:

Not really incomplete rather incomplete on the end of US citizens. The shift in ideology that we have to vote one way or another when we the people are in control in the first place. Why must we be force fed into deciding the next president elect? Lets get behind a third party and make it a three team race here, after all we have the power to do so. The media and powers that be lend you to believe that we dont.

What does a mainstream third party accomplish, outside of almost guaranteeing that no party will get a majority of the vote?

Is 3 enough? If I don't agree with the policies and values of any of the parties, should there be a 4th, 5th, 9th party? And if a 3rd party becomes mainstream, what will stop them from being corrupted as well?

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but I am trying to forecast what you see as a solution. Options are a good thing, but there is so much on the spectrum to account for.
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#2268 » by AllanH20 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:40 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
CJackson wrote:

That's just not going to happen. Every first past the post electoral system in the world is a two party system. If you want a multiparty system you need to fight for proportional representation.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#2269 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:43 pm

GONYK wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
CJackson wrote:

What does a mainstream third party accomplish, outside of almost guaranteeing that no party will get a majority of the vote?

Is 3 enough? If I don't agree with the policies and values of any of the parties, should there be a 4th, 5th, 9th party? And if a 3rd party becomes mainstream, what will stop them from being corrupted as well?

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but I am trying to forecast what you see as a solution.

I dont have the solution and anybody that does is probably lying to you. What I do know is that these 2 candidates are horrible and want neither in charge of the country.

What does a third mainstream party accomplish? Simple, another choice from Donald J. Trump And Hillary Rodham Clinton. Does this mean that our country will change drastically for the better of course not but it gives the people another opportunity and choice to elect someone that they feel better about.

To address the (not four, not 5 not 9)..of course there comes a point where there is one too many and the message's from each candidate become monotonous. I stated in the original post that this is politics after all and they will feed you what you want to hear whether original or not.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#2270 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 pm

AllanH20 wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
CJackson wrote:

That's just not going to happen. Every first past the post electoral system in the world is a two party system. If you want a multiparty system you need to fight for proportional representation.

It absolutely could happen. The change starts with the people.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#2271 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:46 pm

In case anyone is wondering what direction the GOP is headed, this guy is currently in office:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OAnrvcCRU[/youtube]

He probably doesn't even realize he is a white supremacist. SMH.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#2272 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:53 pm

beasonu wrote:
AllanH20 wrote:
beasonu wrote:
Women love me. I get hot girls and I even say things like I said in here to them and they laugh.

Hard to imagine right?

You just outed yourself as a 13 year old.

13 year old that gets so much love from Tinder girls

It hurts looking this good at 13

NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#2273 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:09 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
AllanH20 wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

It absolutely could happen. The change starts with the people.

Just to be understood, Im not looking or pushing for a mainstream third party just to get behind stein a green party rep for this election since both HRC and Trump are some of the worst candidates we have seen.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,213

Post#2274 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:18 pm

Melania Trump wants everybody to know what courage and compassion Donald displayed when he took a job as a community organizer in Chicago.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#2275 » by BKlutch » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Greenie wrote:I voted for Nader too...

I know your vote didn't do this because you live in NY, but votes for Nader gave us President George W. Bush because of Florida. We really went through 8 years of horrible leadership and many died for his wars. They are still dying. Our economy tanked.

We don't have any perfect candidates. But helping to elect a bad one is frightening.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

JordanXI
Junior
And1: 13

Post#2276 » by JordanXI » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 pm

beasonu wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:

Wow. Just wow. The women in your life must be proud. I am not a Hillary fan but if her gender is the best thing you can come up with I feel sorry for you. Also, her husband wasn't "impeach".

Women love me. I get hot girls and I even say things like I said in here to them and they laugh.

Hard to imagine right?

Calls women stupid, justifies ignorant opinions by citing women's approval...

By your own logic, where does that leave you?
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#2277 » by sogood » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Chachi got destroyed.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/755431833584570368[/tweet]
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#2278 » by CJackson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 pm

sogood wrote:Chachi got destroyed.

He is dumb. The convention is already a parade of idiots. All the brain matter in the Republican Party stayed away in protest. And the result is Chachi, Giuliani, that creep Flynn and an inept gaggle of Trump's who are too dumb to know they were being Rick Rolled. Amazing

Chachi has the same trait as all of these Trump trolls. Can't own up to their own actions. Guy called Clinton a C*nt publicly and gets owned. What a dolt

Trump attracts guys who say whatever trash pops into their heads and then they run with their tails between their legs when confronted
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#2279 » by AllanH20 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:06 pm

sogood wrote:Chachi got destroyed.

Boy, he was not ready for that interview.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#2280 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Hillary Clinton is shady AF. I'm a registered independent and I'm voting for Jill Stein.

Return to New York Knicks