ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo asks for reduced minutes for vets to develop young players

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Re: Melo asks for reduced minutes for vets to develop young players 

Post#81 » by moabu08 » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:14 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:No issue with Melo saying this.

How could anyone have an issue with Melo saying this? What i have an issue with is Rambis playing Melo at 31 years old, 37 minute per night, less than a year after getting surgery on his knee.

Rambis is a clown
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#82 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:21 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:How is melo a leader when he's straight up telling the company he wants to work less hours lol.

Stop...

The sad part is that Melo shouldn't even have had to say anything, Rambis should've known. Why exactly should Melo be playing big minutes right now? The season is a wrap, it's been a wrap. His minutes should've been decreasing steadily like 2 weeks ago.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#83 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah, but its not like we have a pick, so its no point in losing games.

Melo played in All-start game, is ready to play in Olympics. He isn't tired, and its seems ankle isn't bothering him. :D

So why not play the best players and try to win as many games as possible.

And its not like we have a lot of young talent sitting..

Yeah, Grant could play more, instead of Calderon.. But thats it..
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#84 » by j4remi » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:36 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Yeah, but its not like we have a pick, so its no point in losing games.

Melo played in All-start game, is ready to play in Olympics. He isn't tired, and its seems ankle isn't bothering him. :D

There's a young player that corresponds to the position of each guy he spoke with though. Jose's minutes go to Grant, Melo's to D-Will and RoLo's to KOQ...that's two guys under contract for the next few years and a third guy who has the option to stick around as well. You cut the threat of injury for the older guys and you (in theory) help the development of the young guys who are both the future and present of this team by getting them some more experience.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,396

Post#85 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:43 pm

a couple more wins is not gonna fool any free agents that the team is good. it's pointless. let the kids play.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,145

Post#86 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:57 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/715895535853395969[/tweet]
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#87 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:05 pm

Fury wrote:I believe overall Phil Jackson has done a decent job in helping build long term success for the Knicks by making rational decisions that keep the franchise in a position to improve without giving up anything of value. That being said, if he keeps Kurt Rambis next year, he's lost me. There's no way players should have a better idea of what the team should do than you do.

I'm going ALL the way in on Phil if he brings back Rambitch. Team Hoodwinked would have a new damn captain. I'm gonna sh*t on him worse than Iman. Sig and everything.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#88 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:05 pm

I don't really count KOQ as a kid. He came in with a limited ceiling and that is still the case. He's not really gonna be more than what he is.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Greenie
RealGM

Post#89 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:10 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
I could say the same thing about you on the opposite side of the spectrum. I've given Melo his fair share of criticism. I thought his effort the past 2 games has been less than stellar but, I also think he's exhausted from trying to do everything for this team all year. He's a vet and tired. I suspect you wouldn't make this assertion if Dirk Nowitzki, Dwade, or someone else said it but, since Melo said it you just felt the need to comment something negative about it right?

Dirk and Wade have won championships and correct me if I'm wrong are poised to play in the playoffs right??? What the F has Melo won? What playoff series is Melo playing in? Huh? And they ain't Knicks either.

Just a couple days ago Dirk said he would consider leaving if it turned into a rebuilding situation... But that's not quitting right? only if Melo says it it is.... Dwade literally missed the playoffs last year as the main guy and had his minutes restricted but, that wasn't code for anything right? But since Melo is actually trying to help the young guys out and have them grow he's a quitter. Got it... Dudes like you piss me off because you don't even try to acknowledge the ridiculous standard you hold the guy to. he's a great player and 29 other teams would kill to have him on their team, even at his current salary (which you nitpick to no end even though it's a great contract) and yet, he's not good enough for you or a lot of other people here because everything he does doesn't fit your exact fuqqing criteria as if our franchise has been so elite for so long that we should snub an elite player... get a fuqqin grip. Is he perfect? no. But i'll be god damned if there is more than maybe 2 "perfect" basketball players according to this boards standards for a star. This front office has failed him for a long time and the one year we actually had a nice mix he lead us to 54' wins and a nice playoff run with a torn labrum and an absolute abomination of a playoffs by JR Smith... In the western conference he was a mainstay in teh playoffs from Day 1 and went toe to toe with an all time legend at his peak in the WCF... And yet this is the guy you want to consistently rag on. he has his flaws but melo is a damn fine player and worth every penny if the front office actually knew what the fuq they were doing when building around a star player instead of throwin chit at the wall for years and hoping it sticks. Hope you get what you wish for bud. Bye bye Melo. Guy doesn't deserve this chit truthfully anyway. Hope Kp is ready for this kind of bull because it's coming once the devil is out of town..

Well damn...
Greenie
RealGM

Post#90 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:10 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:I don't really count KOQ as a kid. He came in with a limited ceiling and that is still the case. He's not really gonna be more than what he is.

I expected a tad more. He needs to get it together.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#91 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:a couple more wins is not gonna fool any free agents that the team is good. it's pointless. let the kids play.

Might actually help us win anyway..
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#92 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:13 pm

The only guys really worth developing are KP and Grant IMO. Every other young guy on this team has like no potential and they pretty much are what they are.

I'm hoping that Grant can one day become a Darren Collison level PG...not really a starter but he's nice off the bench
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#93 » by moabu08 » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:36 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:How is melo a leader when he's straight up telling the company he wants to work less hours lol.

Stop...

The sad part is that Melo shouldn't even have had to say anything, Rambis should've known. Why exactly should Melo be playing big minutes right now? The season is a wrap, it's been a wrap. His minutes should've been decreasing steadily like 2 weeks ago.

no hes right. melo should be asking to play the full 48 at this point in the season. anyone who doesnt play the full 48 is apparently not a leader.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,578

Post#94 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:39 pm

Fat Kat wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/715895535853395969[/tweet]

:lol: That stupid dumb motherfcker Rambis.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#95 » by Triple C » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:47 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/715912239857975297[/tweet]
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,880

Post#96 » by Context » Fri Apr 1, 2016 3:59 pm

Triple C wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/715912239857975297[/tweet]

tell Tommy we're not in the mood for his april fools jokes- ha ha mutherfuger :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#97 » by GONYK » Fri Apr 1, 2016 4:00 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Yeah, but its not like we have a pick, so its no point in losing games.

Why?
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#98 » by Amsterdam » Fri Apr 1, 2016 4:10 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
I could say the same thing about you on the opposite side of the spectrum. I've given Melo his fair share of criticism. I thought his effort the past 2 games has been less than stellar but, I also think he's exhausted from trying to do everything for this team all year. He's a vet and tired. I suspect you wouldn't make this assertion if Dirk Nowitzki, Dwade, or someone else said it but, since Melo said it you just felt the need to comment something negative about it right?

Dirk and Wade have won championships and correct me if I'm wrong are poised to play in the playoffs right??? What the F has Melo won? What playoff series is Melo playing in? Huh? And they ain't Knicks either.

Just a couple days ago Dirk said he would consider leaving if it turned into a rebuilding situation... But that's not quitting right? only if Melo says it it is.... Dwade literally missed the playoffs last year as the main guy and had his minutes restricted but, that wasn't code for anything right? But since Melo is actually trying to help the young guys out and have them grow he's a quitter. Got it... Dudes like you piss me off because you don't even try to acknowledge the ridiculous standard you hold the guy to. he's a great player and 29 other teams would kill to have him on their team, even at his current salary (which you nitpick to no end even though it's a great contract) and yet, he's not good enough for you or a lot of other people here because everything he does doesn't fit your exact fuqqing criteria as if our franchise has been so elite for so long that we should snub an elite player... get a fuqqin grip. Is he perfect? no. But i'll be god damned if there is more than maybe 2 "perfect" basketball players according to this boards standards for a star. This front office has failed him for a long time and the one year we actually had a nice mix he lead us to 54' wins and a nice playoff run with a torn labrum and an absolute abomination of a playoffs by JR Smith... In the western conference he was a mainstay in teh playoffs from Day 1 and went toe to toe with an all time legend at his peak in the WCF... And yet this is the guy you want to consistently rag on. he has his flaws but melo is a damn fine player and worth every penny if the front office actually knew what the fuq they were doing when building around a star player instead of throwin chit at the wall for years and hoping it sticks. Hope you get what you wish for bud. Bye bye Melo. Guy doesn't deserve this chit truthfully anyway. Hope Kp is ready for this kind of bull because it's coming once the devil is out of town..

Boomm

#1 on the best read list right here.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#99 » by Amsterdam » Fri Apr 1, 2016 4:17 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:The only guys really worth developing are KP and Grant IMO. Every other young guy on this team has like no potential and they pretty much are what they are.

I'm hoping that Grant can one day become a Darren Collison level PG...not really a starter but he's nice off the bench

Strong possibility that Grant is going to be good. What's going to help is his pedigree and very good defensive insticts for a rookie. Agree?
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,892

Post#100 » by Guano » Fri Apr 1, 2016 4:34 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:Absolutely ridiculous. Get a clue Rambis.

Thibs or Blatt..I remain hopeful regardless of the past transgressions.

Knicks will break either of them
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.

Return to New York Knicks