ImageImageImageImageImage

Tom Thibodeau 'finalizing' 5-year deal as Wolves coach & president/Search for the Next Coach of The New Knicks Continues

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Re: Tom Thibodeau 'finalizing' 5-year deal as Wolves coach & president/Search for the Next Coach of The New Knicks Conti 

Post#1981 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Red Vines wrote:
seren wrote:Running triangle never bothers me. I don't get why it bothers anyone.

Because it takes a long time to get comfortable with and in today's NBA you don't have the luxury of the kind of roster stability you need. We'll be bringing players back just because they are already familiar with it, not because they're the best players available. It also limits you in free agency not because players can't fit but because they aren't interested in taking 1-2 years to see how/if it works for them...

Rolo, Kp, and Melo are starter quality for most teams in the league. If Grant develops he could turn into a decent starter. We need 1 more backcourt piece to be a solid team. We aren't limiting ourselves in any way player wise.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Re: Tom Thibodeau 'finalizing' 5-year deal as Wolves coach & president/Search for the Next Coach of The New Knicks Conti 

Post#1982 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
seren wrote:Running triangle never bothers me. I don't get why it bothers anyone.

Because it takes a long time to get comfortable with and in today's NBA you don't have the luxury of the kind of roster stability you need. We'll be bringing players back just because they are already familiar with it, not because they're the best players available. It also limits you in free agency not because players can't fit but because they aren't interested in taking 1-2 years to see how/if it works for them...

Rolo, Kp, and Melo are starter quality for most teams in the league. If Grant develops he could turn into a decent starter. We need 1 more backcourt piece to be a solid team. We aren't limiting ourselves in any way player wise.

I'm trying to remember if the Lakers ever refrained from bringing in the best talent available simply because they didn't want to lose players who were familiar.

I don't think that was ever a problem for them

Return to New York Knicks