ImageImageImageImageImage

Attention Tank Commanders!!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,410

Re: Attention Tank Commanders!!!! 

Post#221 » by god shammgod » Mon May 2, 2016 10:13 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Otto Parker was a top 3 pick. Not a good suggestion when you're pro tank :lol:

In the worst draft of all time. Everyone is below expectations from that year.

2017 is said to be one of the strongest of all time. It's a very good time to have a top pick.

I mean Derrick Williams was the #2 pick. We got him a top lottery pick to help. See we got Melo the hell he needs.

To defend a tank job next year you mention another top 3 bust?

I'm in for the tank if we don't sign any big fish.

i don't think phil is gonna spend money on a point. someone already on the team will have to do the job next year.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#222 » by Thugger HBC » Mon May 2, 2016 10:14 pm

Sark wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Sark wrote:

2017 is said to be one of the strongest of all time. It's a very good time to have a top pick.

I mean Derrick Williams was the #2 pick. We got him a top lottery pick to help. See we got Melo the hell he needs.

If 2017 is really one of the strongest of all time, it would lend to think we should be trying to win and take advantage of a draft pick.

Kill two birds at the same time. Bottoming out in the strongest draft actually sounds silly to a degree.

There's a difference between strong and 30 man deep.

Strong usually means 3-4 franchise players. 84 had Dream, MJ, and Barkley. 03 had Bran, Wade, Melo, Bosh. 15 has about 6-7 high potential players so far. 17 has franchise changing potential.

False. The 2017 draft is projected to be so deep great prospects might be found in the 2nd round.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#223 » by Greenie » Mon May 2, 2016 10:16 pm

rammagen wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:Alert!

Do you realize that RIGHT now Myles Turner, Indiana Pacers rookie, is better than Kristaps Porzingis.

Keep asking for tanking for 2 more years, and watch Myles Turner's value multiply every post season.

Keep asking for a Melo trade for chump change.
Keep asking for Phil Jackson to some how disappear and have a new regime come in for quick fixes.

Myles Turner is growing up quicker than our KP, believe that.

did you think about this before posting? how old are you 12? just trying to reason out this stupid @$$ post from basically out of nowhere

It wasn't stupid per say. Not said/put correctly is a better way to say it. Turner in his rookie season got some playoff experience and will learn from it while KP is sitting at home. Tank commanders want this same scenario again. Playing meaningful games deeper into the season>sitting on your ass at home.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#224 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 2, 2016 10:16 pm

god shammgod wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:

i don't think phil is gonna spend money on a point. someone already on the team will have to do the job next year.

I'm in for Conley at 20 mil. Maybe even Rondo. If not one of those two just ride the Grant Wroten roller coaster. I don't want to see Jennings and Turner as our backcourt next year
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#225 » by Thugger HBC » Mon May 2, 2016 10:20 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

I'm in for Conley at 20 mil. Maybe even Rondo. If not one of those two just ride the Grant Wroten roller coaster. I don't want to see Jennings and Turner as our backcourt next year

Lord heavens no. He's injured, and not the one where players recover well from. I like Rondo but he is exactly...duct tape.

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,727

Post#226 » by spree8 » Mon May 2, 2016 11:17 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
spree8 wrote:
lol it's called cutting your losses dude. We aren't winning, and I'm not delusional.

Didn't use the word delusional, but tanking which trading Melo for nothing in the present is tanking. Cutting losses is getting assets to use in the present.

spree8 wrote:The Lakers didn't "tank" when they traded Shaq, and the Wolves didn't "tank" when they traded KG for example. It's just not working, and in order to have Melo actually compete elsewhere, trade him and help us out for the future at the same time.

the Lakers still had Kobe and hired a championship caliber coach in Rudy T.

Minny won 24, 22, 17 and 15 AFTER trading KG. :lol:

spree8 wrote:Kp- young
JGrant- young
Galloway- young
Willy- young (may come over this year)
Early- young
Thanasis- young (could bring him back)
Wroten- young
O'Quinn- young (4 years in the league)

So you're naming 8 players when 5 of the 8 are not currently even on the team or guaranteed to come back? Come on now.

spree8 wrote:Sasha- FA
Lance- FA
Afflalo- FA
DWill- FA
Seraphin- FA
Lou- FA

RoLo and Melo are the only older guys really, and RoLo is only 28. All those FA's are likely gone...so yea, 90% of our team is young.

That's not 90, those guys will be replaced, and I'd bet at least two will be back or replaced with something VERY similar.

The Knicks are not a young team.

Jeez man, you're just not getting it. The amount of games they won doesn't dictate whether or not they were tanking lol. They tried to compete ...that's the key difference. All those years KLove was complaining about not getting to the playoffs, they tried everything they could and ultimately they were in the same position with him as KG. So you think they tanked after KG with KLove, just so they could tank again after they lost him??? Lol Wtf ??

Regarding our young/old players, what you "bet" will happen is not a fact. We can debate the specifics about who will come back in FA and who won't all day, but the main point is that we have a lot of young guys that we could move forward on a rebuild with. Sure we'll need some vets for them to help learn the ropes but the majority of the team will be the youth.
spree8
RealGM

Post#227 » by spree8 » Mon May 2, 2016 11:32 pm

This shyt is all semantics ...tanking or rebuilding....whatever the Pistons did to get Isiah and Joe, Celts did to get Larry and McHale, Bulls to get MJ and Scottie, Warriors did to get Steph and Klay....that's what I wanna do. Whatever it is you wanna call it.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#228 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 2, 2016 11:42 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Lord heavens no. He's injured, and not the one where players recover well from. I like Rondo but he is exactly...duct tape.

Did he tear it or did it rupture? Nope.

The injury is an excuse not to sign him

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#229 » by Thugger HBC » Mon May 2, 2016 11:46 pm

spree8 wrote:This shyt is all semantics ...tanking or rebuilding....whatever the Pistons did to get Isiah and Joe, Celts did to get Larry and McHale, Bulls to get MJ and Scottie, Warriors did to get Steph and Klay....that's what I wanna do. Whatever it is you wanna call it.

Call it lucky since most of those players were passed over by other teams and fell to the ones they wound up playing for.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by Thugger HBC » Mon May 2, 2016 11:47 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

An Achilles injury is a real injury that very well can have lasting effects. He needed a walking boot not too long ago. Hardly an excuse.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#231 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 2, 2016 11:51 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Lord heavens no. He's injured, and not the one where players recover well from. I like Rondo but he is exactly...duct tape.

An Achilles injury is a real injury that very well can have lasting effects. He needed a walking boot not too long ago. Hardly an excuse.

If he tore it or it ruptured I'd be in agreement with you. I think where he is and the fact that he didn't play when it was sore will lead to a full recovery.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
spree8
RealGM

Post#232 » by spree8 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:02 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
spree8 wrote:This shyt is all semantics ...tanking or rebuilding....whatever the Pistons did to get Isiah and Joe, Celts did to get Larry and McHale, Bulls to get MJ and Scottie, Warriors did to get Steph and Klay....that's what I wanna do. Whatever it is you wanna call it.

Call it lucky since most of those players were passed over by other teams and fell to the ones they wound up playing for.

That's a whole other can of worms. There's a lot of dumb gm's out there.. The majority of people here over the years have called a bust when they've saw one. It's not easy, but it's not incredibly difficult to know who's gunna be legit and who won't.

Would you have drafted Johnny Flynn over Steph? Darko over Melo or Wade? A lot of gm's are crazy. Phil and his guys haven't proven to be bad like Kahn or MJ in that regard. I'd trust them making the choice for KP's sidekick.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#233 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:04 am

Thugger HBC wrote:

Imagine if DanToney started riding Curry like Secretariat...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#234 » by Thugger HBC » Tue May 3, 2016 12:09 am

spree8 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

That's a whole other can of worms. There's a lot of dumb gm's out there.. The majority of people here over the years have called a bust when they've saw one. It's not easy, but it's not incredibly difficult to know who's gunna be legit and who won't.

Would you have drafted Johnny Flynn over Steph? Darko over Melo or Wade? A lot of gm's are crazy. Phil and his guys haven't proven to be bad like Kahn or MJ in that regard. I'd trust them making the choice for KP's sidekick.

Yeah, but you gotta admit those players in particular were passed over, and not always over bad prospects Sure, execs do make mistakes, or they sometimes have their reasons for why they do what they do (Darko pick even though Darko was a top prospect).

Phil's drafting may be a strength, that's why I'm not really on one side or the other as far as tanking or contending. Draft wisely wherever we fall.

spree8
RealGM

Post#235 » by spree8 » Tue May 3, 2016 1:23 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Call it lucky since most of those players were passed over by other teams and fell to the ones they wound up playing for.

Yeah, but you gotta admit those players in particular were passed over, and not always over bad prospects Sure, execs do make mistakes, or they sometimes have their reasons for why they do what they do (Darko pick even though Darko was a top prospect).

Phil's drafting may be a strength, that's why I'm not really on one side or the other as far as tanking or contending. Draft wisely wherever we fall.

I getcha...everyone has their own opinion, but I can't overlook the fact that if we wanna increase the odds of getting another potential superstar, we need to land in the top of the lotto. I mean the vast majority of all the great players have been picked in the top..

Kareem- 1st
Magic - 1st
Jordan -3rd
Bird- 6th
Olajuwon- 1st
Shaq- 1st
Wilt- 3rd
Russell- 2nd
Pippen- 5th
Oscar- 1st
West- 2nd
Frazier- 5th
Isiah -2nd
McHale- 3rd
Ewing- 1st
DRob- 1st
Barkley- 5th
Balor- 1st
Lebron- 1st
Duncan- 1st
Worthy- 1st
Dominique- 3rd
Rick Barry- 2nd
Payton- 2nd
Kidd- 2nd
Garnett- 5th
CWebb- 1st
Iverson- 1st
Pau- 3rd
Ray Allen- 5th
Wade- 5th
Cp3- 4th

I've also posted in the past that with a few exceptions, the majority of today's top NBA stars have been picked in similar spots (Lebron, KD, ADavis, Westbrook, Blake, Harden, Wall, Cp3, Cousins, Kyrie, KLove, Lillard, etc)

Sure there were a couple picked from 7-13 like Steph, Kobe, Dr J, Reggie, KMalone, Dirk, and Stockton (16th)...but it's hard to not wanna be at the top to increase the odds of landing a potential superstar.

I know there could be a Michael Olawakandi or Anthony Bennett for every Jordan and Shaq, but I'd like to roll the dice. Worked out well with Kp so far.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#236 » by Amsterdam » Tue May 3, 2016 1:50 am

Greenie wrote:
rammagen wrote:

Do you realize that RIGHT now Myles Turner, Indiana Pacers rookie, is better than Kristaps Porzingis.

Keep asking for tanking for 2 more years, and watch Myles Turner's value multiply every post season.

Keep asking for Phil Jackson to some how disappear and have a new regime come in for quick fixes.

did you think about this before posting? how old are you 12? just trying to reason out this stupid @$$ post from basically out of nowhere

It wasn't stupid per say. Not said/put correctly is a better way to say it. Turner in his rookie season got some playoff experience and will learn from it while KP is sitting at home. Tank commanders want this same scenario again. Playing meaningful games deeper into the season>sitting on your ass at home.
Amsterdam
Analyst

Post#237 » by Amsterdam » Tue May 3, 2016 1:52 am

Greenie wrote:
rammagen wrote:

Thank you but other than stating a case one way or another that poster just decided to derail the thread by dismissing it and calling it ludicrous. Not that he used those exact words or can.

What it is, is just a simple minded post. No harm done. Simple is always good.

But thanks, its appreciated Greenie.
Amsterdam
Analyst

Re: Re: Re: Attention Tank Commanders!!!! 

Post#238 » by Amsterdam » Tue May 3, 2016 2:44 am

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Sark wrote:

The pieces required for Melo to win here are not available to us, and will never come here. I mean I guess we can wish Lebron and Durant decide to team up here, but it's probably 99.999% chance that it doesn't happen.

Very few teams have win it all without hof talent, so that's understandable.

What isn't is the notion of multiple tanking seasons being successful. You mentioned the Spurs.....they tanked ONCE, we tanked ONCE. If KP is that guy "the unicorn", we'll see the results sooner than later.

How many teams multiple tanked to win it all? I honestly can think of any.

I honestly not concerned if the team tanks, but the team is too frontcourt loaded to ever do it KP is a lock to improve IMO, and do think one of Grant or Wroten will be starting.

Now build the team. We have KP, an aging, but still productive star in Melo and a decent center.

Cap space needs to be locked and loaded to the SG position.

If Gaines is as good as advertised, find our Kawhi, Paul George, Dray Green, while Phil builds the team.

But tanking is the answer unload the entire roster since we did it once already.

Multiple tanks haven't worked at all.

We're on the same page Thuggy.
Phil has to do his job. Last year he damn sure fixed the front court, this year he needs to focus on our backcourt.

I agree, Grant or Wroton will be the PG. It makes the most sense. We need a SG. Every other position will fall into place.

PG: Grant or Wroton/ Wroton or Grant/Calderon
SG: ?/aRRon(if he's willing to embrace a bench role he could be solid for us)
SF: Melo/Thomas or Williams (if we can keep both great!)
PF: KP/?
C: Lopez/ O'Quinn/ Willy(I think he comes over)

We have a solid skeleton. We need to flesh out our roster.

SG's I would like in order:

Fournier
Crabbe
Beal
Gordon

We need a SG that can play off the ball. Batum can not. That negates both Grant and Wroton who are already playing with Anthony. We need a shooter.

You being quite eloquent and informative. The folks you're arguing with have shown no counter argument that hasn't been an emotional outburst. No format or personal sense of what can be done. They just regurgitate what is written or said by a few.
Many of the Tank Commanders are just that: Melo haters, Phil Jax haters, and some are even, dare I say Knicks haters. Many are the same ones that hated on KP only to profess Love for him now. And will be the first to jump on the PJ band wagon soon looking for a bucket to "FLIP" and sit on.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#239 » by moocow007 » Tue May 3, 2016 3:08 am

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Can the mods grant me temporary banning privileges?

Or me permanent ones.

Paypal $49.95 to moocowgrantsbanprivelegesforcash@realgm.com. Buy 1 month priveleges get 1 free.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,586

Post#240 » by Capn'O » Tue May 3, 2016 3:24 am

moocow007 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Can the mods grant me temporary banning privileges?

Or me permanent ones.

Paypal $49.95 to moocowgrantsbanprivelegesforcash@realgm.com. Buy 1 month priveleges get 1 free.

Sounds like a good deal. I'll only need a month.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks