ImageImageImageImageImage

David Blatt

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,038

Re: David Blatt 

Post#21 » by GONYK » Thu May 12, 2016 8:14 pm

It's interesting that 3 teams have interviewed Blatt, and none of them were in a seeming rush to lock him down.

I wonder which side of the equation is being selective
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#22 » by JBreezeNY » Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

GONYK wrote:It's interesting that 3 teams have interviewed Blatt, and none of them were in a seeming rush to lock him down.

Well Damn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#23 » by GONYK » Thu May 12, 2016 8:18 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
GONYK wrote:It's interesting that 3 teams have interviewed Blatt, and none of them were in a seeming rush to lock him down.

I'm actually pro-Blatt. I'm just thinking out loud.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,915

Post#24 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 12, 2016 8:26 pm

GONYK wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

I'm just thinking out loud.

Maybe...we...found...love right where we are?

donkki
Analyst
And1: 551

Post#25 » by donkki » Fri May 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Sign him now!
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#26 » by MartinsLusis » Sun May 15, 2016 5:59 pm

As a latvian and therefore european I too can vouch for Blatt. I think he's a really good coach from what I've seen. And Melo seems to like him too: http://nypost.com/2016/05/10/carmelo-anthony-eyes-david-blatt-with-porzingis-upside/

Did anyone else see how good the Knicks looked for the short stretch when everyone was moving the ball (before Melo stepped on the foot of that referee and got injured)? That's what Blatt would probably bring to the table.
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#27 » by MartinsLusis » Sun May 15, 2016 6:19 pm

By the way if this report is true then Phil was just meeting with David Blatt for the second time: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4jf2ft/phil_jackson_spotted_in_greenwich_connecticut/

Really hope he picks David over Rambis.

EDIT: This seems to be a late report on the first meeting rather than a second meeting.
Knicksman780
Lead Assistant
And1: 899

Post#28 » by Knicksman780 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Next week we'll know....one way or another
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#29 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun May 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Knicksman780 wrote:Next week we'll know....one way or another

You still got sauces?
#MKGA
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,627

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2016 5:13 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:He honestly sounds just like Phil. I'm surprised he hasn't been hired yet truthfully.

If you replaced the word "Princeton" with "triangle" and told it was Phil, I'd say "yeah, of course." My thought is that Phil will pick Vogel if he's ok with letting Rambis run the offense. I'm not sure Vogel will go for that and I can understand why. Then Phil will got to Blatt. If Phil wanted Rambis, he'd be hired already.
Free Palestine
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,808

Post#31 » by Adelheid » Mon May 16, 2016 5:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:He honestly sounds just like Phil. I'm surprised he hasn't been hired yet truthfully.

If you replaced the word "Princeton" with "triangle" and told it was Phil, I'd say "yeah, of course." My thought is that Phil will pick Vogel if he's ok with letting Rambis run the offense. I'm not sure Vogel will go for that and I can understand why. Then Phil will got to Blatt. If Phil wanted Rambis, he'd be hired already.

...or maybe Dolan would not allow Phil to get rambo so he has to sign somebody else.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#32 » by GONYK » Mon May 16, 2016 5:22 am

Adelheid wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

...or maybe Dolan would not allow Phil to get rambo so he has to sign somebody else.

If that were the case, I think Phil would be gone
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#33 » by CJackson » Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 am

lebron is a dikhead so i cant hold any of that against blatt

my impression is blatt would be the most creative and innovative coach since maybe rick pitino but better

the only thing that has to happen is management needs to back the coach and never spare the rod if the players act like divas. what lebron did was the cav orgs fault not just lebrons. if phil hires blatt then he needs to tuck his triangle patterns into his knitting drawer and let the man coach
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#34 » by CJackson » Mon May 16, 2016 5:45 am

SmoothLefty21 wrote:I played D2 ball in college and we ran the Princeton offense. It was funny, some guys picked it up after a week of practice and some guys were still confused on the final days of the season even after countless hours drilling Chin and Rub. I didn't find it any more complicated than the rest of the motion offenses I learned growing up.

One of the biggest differences is that Princeton is 4 Out, 1 In so the floor is more spaced than the Triangle. Most action initiates from a 1-4 High (well, a pass to the strongside wing or Big, followed by the PG cutting through to the corner), so the interior big man is at the elbow or top of the key. This leaves a ton of room below foul-line-extended for basket cuts. The Princeton offense will be more favorable to smaller guards and PnR, unlike the Triangle.

Princeton is traditionally used to slow the game down and you do not look to take the first open shot - you want to make the defense work in the halfcourt set, encourage or trick the defense into overplaying the wing and beating them backdoor. To me, it's perfectly suited for today's NBA if you pick up the pace of it. Plenty of spacing, screening, ball movement, dribble hand offs, backdoor cuts and a ton of PnR opportunities when you want them. I would much rather see Porzingis in Blatt's offense than Rambis' and the Triangle.

did your team incorporate the long ball into this style of play?

Return to New York Knicks