ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2741 » by F N 11 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Isn't Headley's contract in its last year?

Ends in 2018. If we take on half of his salary, we can probably move him. I'd do that, personally.

I was going to say, to move Headly, the Yanks have to pay half the salary and maybe INCLUDE an asset just to get rid of him. Like Headly + a minor league + Yanks pay 1/2 the salary of 2018 for some random minor leaguer the other team isn't that sold on, but maybe the Yanks could use some organization depth at that position.

Chase sucked recently but he was a mai part to the hot start and is a legit glove at 3rd. I know we want to bring up Frazier but I only trade Chase if someone wants him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#2742 » by Mecca » Mon May 22, 2017 1:47 pm

K P 6 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Ends in 2018. If we take on half of his salary, we can probably move him. I'd do that, personally.

I was going to say, to move Headly, the Yanks have to pay half the salary and maybe INCLUDE an asset just to get rid of him. Like Headly + a minor league + Yanks pay 1/2 the salary of 2018 for some random minor leaguer the other team isn't that sold on, but maybe the Yanks could use some organization depth at that position.

Chase sucked recently but he was a mai part to the hot start and is a legit glove at 3rd. I know we want to bring up Frazier but I only trade Chase if someone wants him.

The issue is that 3B is such a deep position, no team in the MLB would really want Headley. MAYBE the Cardinals. Other then the Cardinals, nobody is buying Headley
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#2743 » by F N 11 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Mecca wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

The issue is that 3B is such a deep position, no team in the MLB would really want Headley. MAYBE the Cardinals. Other then the Cardinals, nobody is buying Headley

I meant Torres sorry its morning
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2744 » by levendis » Mon May 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Mecca wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Gyorko plays 3B for them and is beasting so far. Only teams that I could see interested in him are the Mets and Giants really. Don't think Headley will get back much of anything which is why I think having him as a bench option wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Offers more versatility than someone like Carter or Austin.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2745 » by Mecca » Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Chase sucked recently but he was a mai part to the hot start and is a legit glove at 3rd. I know we want to bring up Frazier but I only trade Chase if someone wants him.

Gyorko plays 3B for them and is beasting so far. Only teams that I could see interested in him are the Mets and Giants really. Don't think Headley will get back much of anything which is why I think having him as a bench option wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Offers more versatility than someone like Carter or Austin.

Gyorko plays 2B more then 3B actually. A washed up Peralta plays 3B.

Mets have 0 interest as Rosario is about to come up any day now.

Giants just called up Arroyo and have the former Yank Nunez. Both better then Headley.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2746 » by levendis » Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Giants just called up Arroyo and have the former Yank Nunez. Both better then Headley.

Gyorko has had 112 ABs at 3B, 12 as a 2B. Wong is starting at 2B. Peralta has been relegated to the bench. Nunez is pretty bad himself, but yeah Headley doesn't offer much of an upgrade. I guess the Mets move Asdrubal to 3rd when he comes up? But yeah so he has no real suitors. Not good I guess.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2747 » by Mecca » Mon May 22, 2017 7:28 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

Gyorko has had 112 ABs at 3B, 12 as a 2B. Wong is starting at 2B. Peralta has been relegated to the bench. Nunez is pretty bad himself, but yeah Headley doesn't offer much of an upgrade. I guess the Mets move Asdrubal to 3rd when he comes up? But yeah so he has no real suitors. Not good I guess.

Gyorko has gotten most of his games at 3B because Peralta was supposed to start at 3B, then got injured. Wong can't play 3rd. He's still a natural 2B if you look at his career history.

Nunez is actually a pretty good player. 12 steals and a solid BA. Was an all-star last season.
Brooklyn Nets
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,310

Post#2748 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 pm

I guess the Yanks would have to sort of hope for an injury somewhere creating a need for Headley.

If he continues to slump and Torres tears up AAA, what do they do? I mean protracted slump. Hypothetical. Do they release Torres and hope to get by and save Headley's roster spot, or do they call up Torres, wait 20 games and then dump Headley?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2749 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon May 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Headley is Cashman's boy. The only reason why Cash never went after him was the fact, A-Roid was manning the hot corner. I highly doubt the Yankees trade him. They're stuck with him till his contract is over.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#2750 » by Jstarks3 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 pm

will the game be delayed or postponed tonight? FUQ THIS RAIN!
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#2751 » by GEOLINK » Mon May 22, 2017 11:09 pm

I don't want Headley to go anywhere except the bench when Torres takes over, ya dig?
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2752 » by Mecca » Tue May 23, 2017 12:42 am

Frazier, Mateo, Fowler, and Sheffield for a Mr. Chris Archer or Sonny Gray. (obviously a bit less for Gray)
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2753 » by levendis » Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 am

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Gyorko has gotten most of his games at 3B because Peralta was supposed to start at 3B, then got injured. Wong can't play 3rd. He's still a natural 2B if you look at his career history.

Nunez is actually a pretty good player. 12 steals and a solid BA. Was an all-star last season.

Yeah he played 2B for the Padres mostly. but with Wong and him playing well Peralta wont be getting any burn.

Nunez is hitting .272/.294/.370 (78 wRC+) as a 3B with his typical bad defense. His bat is league average usually, combine that with poor defense you have a below average baseball player. And making the ASG helps when you're a Twin. But they have bigger problems than him.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2754 » by Mecca » Tue May 23, 2017 1:26 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

Yeah he played 2B for the Padres mostly. but with Wong and him playing well Peralta wont be getting any burn.

Nunez is hitting .272/.294/.370 (78 wRC+) as a 3B with his typical bad defense. His bat is league average usually, combine that with poor defense you have a below average baseball player. And making the ASG helps when you're a Twin. But they have bigger problems than him.

Not many players provide HR + SB's in today's MLB. That's where Nonnies value lies imo.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2755 » by levendis » Tue May 23, 2017 2:25 am

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Not many players provide HR + SB's in today's MLB. That's where Nonnies value lies imo.

He doesn't hit HRs though. Set his career high at 16 last year, but before that he was averaging like 4 a season. He's at 2 so far. My guess he ends up with somewhere around 10 this year. He's a gap hitter mostly. Thank god we moved on from him and got Didi instead. Only wish we kept Solarte over Headley though.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2756 » by Mecca » Tue May 23, 2017 3:30 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

He doesn't hit HRs though. Set his career high at 16 last year, but before that he was averaging like 4 a season. He's at 2 so far. My guess he ends up with somewhere around 10 this year. He's a gap hitter mostly. Thank god we moved on from him and got Didi instead. Only wish we kept Solarte over Headley though.

Last year he had 40 extra base hits and a slugging % of .440. Those are solid numbers for an infielder that also gives you 40+ steals. Didi obviously was a great move. Love it
Brooklyn Nets
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2757 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am

Never thought I'd be saying this but Michael Pineda is yankees best most consistent pitcher this season.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2758 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 am

Nunez season last season was an outlier. He's gotten better but still his long term stats tell the story.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2759 » by levendis » Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Last year he had 40 extra base hits and a slugging % of .440. Those are solid numbers for an infielder that also gives you 40+ steals. Didi obviously was a great move. Love it

I mean it was his career year, I doubt he repeats that. History has shown that he won't. And yeah he can steal bags, his skills better translate up the middle, but he doesn't have the glove for it. As a 3B his value isn't very high.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#2760 » by BadNewsBarnes » Tue May 23, 2017 3:07 pm

“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan

Return to New York Knicks