ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#321 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:IT'S LUGO TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!

It would be so Mets-like for Lugo to go out and throw a gem tonight for a Mets win. And then have Syndergaard and Matz get blown up in their next starts.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#322 » by reub » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:56 am

Lugo did his job tonight. Let's hope that the Mets aces can do theirs.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#323 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
ToHoleWithSoul wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:IT'S LUGO TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!

It would be so Mets-like for Lugo to go out and throw a gem tonight for a Mets win. And then have Syndergaard and Matz get blown up in their next starts.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#324 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:56 am

Only 3.5 games back.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#325 » by reub » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:42 pm

It looks to me like our team is ready to make a major move into the playoffs. Lugo and Colon may just be the ones who save us.

Offensively, almost everybody is starting to look better. Reyes, Cespedes, Flores, Loney, DeAza, Walker, Cabrera. Everybody except Bruce that is.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#326 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#327 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:36 pm

I think one of the biggest things was Reyes finally being in baseball shape, his game has really taken off this past week or so. It's sad but where still in the mix of things but we seriously need to start kicking it into high gear. The games are there for us to win, we just need to stop wasting opportunities. It's almost September and were still in it, I guess that's something considering how the year has gone.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#328 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:I think one of the biggest things was Reyes finally being in baseball shape, his game has really taken off this past week or so. It's sad but where still in the mix of things but we seriously need to start kicking it into high gear. The games are there for us to win, we just need to stop wasting opportunities. It's almost September and were still in it, I guess that's something considering how the year has gone.

Jose's been great recently. Nice to have Cespedes and Cabrera back to. If only Bruce can get hot now. He's due to break out of this horrible slump soon.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#329 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I think one of the biggest things was Reyes finally being in baseball shape, his game has really taken off this past week or so. It's sad but where still in the mix of things but we seriously need to start kicking it into high gear. The games are there for us to win, we just need to stop wasting opportunities. It's almost September and were still in it, I guess that's something considering how the year has gone.

Jose's been great recently. Nice to have Cespedes and Cabrera back to. If only Bruce can get hot now. He's due to break out of this horrible slump soon.

We need one of Bruce or Grandy to get warm once Walkers hot streak ends.

Every game feels like must-watch due to importance.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#330 » by reub » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:48 am

Mets win big tonight again against the Phillies and gained ground. Finale tomorrow. Our next 3 starting pitchers are scheduled to be Gsellman, Montero (that's right!) and Lugo so this stretch should be interesting.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#331 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:13 am

ClydeRules wrote:Mets win big tonight again against the Phillies and gained ground. Finale tomorrow. Our next 3 starting pitchers are scheduled to be Gsellman, Montero (that's right!) and Lugo so this stretch should be interesting.

They don't have to pitch great, so long as they keep us in the games which I think they will. If we continue to hit, we should be in good shape. I like what I've seen from Gsellman and Lugo.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Post#332 » by Stannis » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:53 am

I totally forgot about Montero. I remember Collins not being high on him at all in the beginning of the season as a relief call up, so that's why I'm surprised he got a call now as a starter.

It looks like he didn't do well in Vegas, so they dropped him to Binghamton where he is doing great. But still, going from AA to the MLB at this point, it's not a risk I would want to take. Especially since he didn't do well at all in AAA.

Seriously, if you told me that Gsellman, Montero, and Lugo would make sequential starts at the beginning of the year....

But I guess it can be a disadvantage to the teams in the same division because they haven't really seen these AAA players. It might be a good way to get easier wins when it's all said and done. With the ace starters being tired and fatigued and the division rivals seeing them many times, Gsellman, Montero, and Lugo might deliver some surprises.
Free Palestine
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#333 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Stannis wrote:I totally forgot about Montero. I remember Collins not being high on him at all in the beginning of the season as a relief call up, so that's why I'm surprised he got a call now as a starter.

It looks like he didn't do well in Vegas, so they dropped him to Binghamton where he is doing great. But still, going from AA to the MLB at this point, it's not a risk I would want to take. Especially since he didn't do well at all in AAA.

Seriously, if you told me that Gsellman, Montero, and Lugo would make sequential starts at the beginning of the year....

But I guess it can be a disadvantage to the teams in the same division because they haven't really seen these AAA players. It might be a good way to get easier wins when it's all said and done. With the ace starters being tired and fatigued and the division rivals seeing them many times, Gsellman, Montero, and Lugo might deliver some surprises.

Yea, surprised they did not go with Logan. As long as bats stay hot we have a chance and that's all we could really ask for at this point.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#334 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:Mets win big tonight again against the Phillies and gained ground. Finale tomorrow. Our next 3 starting pitchers are scheduled to be Gsellman, Montero (that's right!) and Lugo so this stretch should be interesting.

They don't have to pitch great, so long as they keep us in the games which I think they will. If we continue to hit, we should be in good shape. I like what I've seen from Gsellman and Lugo.

Let me go ahead and get ahead of myself: IF the Mets play the way they were supposed to all season and complete the sweep today, then go on to take 3 of 4 vs the Marlins, we will have be 6-1 over those 2 series. If we do that our record goes to 70-64 for a .522 WP. That squeezes us on the 1st out side of the wild card race (based on %'s).

It is incumbent on the team to continue the positive trend when DeGrom resumes his starts. If we can go 2-1 vs the Nats then another 3-1 vs the Reds, we will be really rounding into form.

Of course, this relies on the Mets doing something they have not done all season - win consistently.

Every day is a playoff. LETS GO METS.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#335 » by reub » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 am

Gsellman pitched well but faded in the 7th and Robles allowed the runners on base all to score. Montero tomorrow. We can't keep losing to teams like the Phillies though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#336 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:08 pm

ClydeRules wrote:Gsellman pitched well but faded in the 7th and Robles allowed the runners on base all to score. Montero tomorrow. We can't keep losing to teams like the Phillies though.

We took 2 out of 3 from them. Anything less would've been unacceptable and disastrous. We need 3 of 4 from the Fish tho.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#337 » by reub » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:25 pm

This is Montero's moment to sink or swim.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#338 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:50 am

So that's a concussion for Reyes right?
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#339 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:51 am

ClydeRules wrote:This is Montero's moment to sink or swim.

Luckily the Marlins were tame, so he could just float along with them 8-)
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Post#340 » by Stannis » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:13 am

Montero with 5 shutout innings. You can't ask for more than that from a minor leaguer. He topped out at 95 mph, so I think he needs to learn to pound inside once in a while and pitch for contact if he want's to be a consistent big league starter. But that's in the future. He had a nice shakeoff that lead to the final double play. So that has to be a confidence booster.

Getting a win against Fernandez pitching was a great way to start the series!
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks