ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, j4remi, GONYK, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, Thorn, Capn'O, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, mrpoetryNmotion

Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 18,751
And1: 3,902
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Formerly xKLNx Phenom
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1141 » by Mecca » Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
honestly don't tell me what "i think". Sandy was asked about when they are bringing up Rosario...do you know what his response was "can he pitch"????????????????????

just stop it


That's not how baseball works. You don't keep a dude in the minors because he doesn't fill your biggest weakness. The staff is in trouble yes, BUT Wheeler is back to being Wheeler... who if you remember was the original chosen one of Mets pitching prospects. PLUS Matz/Lugo will be back in 2 weeks. If Harvey gets himself together, there's no reason why the team can't compete for a WC still.

What the Mets can control is improving the offense and defense. Team is sluggish and lacks an energizer bunny. That's what Amed is. You immediately have a rangy SS. Trust me, as a Yankees fan, Didi has been a savior with his glove. Reyes and Asdrubal are in the back 18 of their career.

Even greater, who is your real leadoff hitter? Conforto? He's really a 3 hitter if you ask me. You need a table setter. Rosario can be what Lindor was with the Indians. I just dropped a crazy amount of FAAB $ on him in fantasy last night because I think it's all hogwash. He'll be up in the first week of June.


ok.......

and I never argued that he wouldn't be up by June. You are making my point for me the mets aren't going to risk super 2 status with Rosario (just like almost every other team does). For a few weeks when another bat is not even the main concern at the moment.

The GM and assistant GM said as much so I don't know why we have to keep arguing about something that won't be even revisited until a few more weeks.

Rosario wasn't the reason robles was giving up moon shots in the 8th inning. You watch the games so you know what im talking about.


You were clearly debating that Rosario won't help the team mp...
Top Dawg Entertainment - President: Punch

Rappers:
K. Dot | Schoolboy Q | Soulo | Jay Rock
Lupe Fiasco | Jay Electronica | Mick Jenkins
Clipse | Wale

Producers:
The Alchemist | DJ Dahi | Steve Lacy

R&B:
The Internet | Anderson .Paak
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,139
And1: 14,009
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1142 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Mecca wrote:
You were clearly debating that Rosario won't help the team mp...


Im debating what the front office is thinking Mecca. If the organization thought Rosario was going to come up and change the fortunes of the franchise right away he would probably be up right now. I'm telling you what he will bring to the table at the moment isn't going to outright make the mets better in the W/L column.

They have the worst pitching in baseball. And yes Rosario has more range than Cabrera (who isn't even playing at the moment). And yes he will get to a few more grounder in the hole. I still don't get your point. Because that still doesn't change the fact that the mets still have the worst ERA in the national league.

It still doesn't change the fact the mets don't have a trust worthy bullpen arm. What Robles did last night had nothing to do with Rosario. So like Alderson said unless Rosario can pitch....which he can't...there is no reason to rush him and lose the mets financial control over him for a year.

If they mets were pitching well and struggling offensively I would absolutely agree with you maybe you push rosario's timeline a bit. But like you said and I will repeat it. Just like the cubs held back Bryant for super 2 reason. Thats just how baseball works.
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 18,751
And1: 3,902
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Formerly xKLNx Phenom
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1143 » by Mecca » Tue May 16, 2017 2:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
You were clearly debating that Rosario won't help the team mp...


Im debating what the front office is thinking Mecca. If the organization thought Rosario was going to come up and change the fortunes of the franchise right away he would probably be up right now. I'm telling you what he will bring to the table at the moment isn't going to outright make the mets better in the W/L column.

They have the worst pitching in baseball. And yes Rosario has more range than Cabrera (who isn't even playing at the moment). And yes he will get to a few more grounder in the hole. I still don't get your point. Because that still doesn't change the fact that the mets still have the worst ERA in the national league.

It still doesn't change the fact the mets don't have a trust worthy bullpen arm. What Robles did last night had nothing to do with Rosario. So like Alderson said unless Rosario can pitch....which he can't...there is no reason to rush him and lose the mets financial control over him for a year.

If they mets were pitching well and struggling offensively I would absolutely agree with you maybe you push rosario's timeline a bit. But like you said and I will repeat it. Just like the cubs held back Bryant for super 2 reason. Thats just how baseball works.


The Cubs didn't wait until the Super 2. They waited for the first super deadline to call him up.

It's not like the team has prime Reyes/Asdrubal. Both are at the end of their career and the energizing intangible of a young SS can impact a team stuck in the mud right now. If he isn't up by June 1st, the Mets are not thinking logically.
Top Dawg Entertainment - President: Punch

Rappers:
K. Dot | Schoolboy Q | Soulo | Jay Rock
Lupe Fiasco | Jay Electronica | Mick Jenkins
Clipse | Wale

Producers:
The Alchemist | DJ Dahi | Steve Lacy

R&B:
The Internet | Anderson .Paak
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,139
And1: 14,009
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1144 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Yet the reason the mets are stuck in mud is because they have the worst pitching in baseball. They are stuck in mud because they basically haven't had there 3 most important players all year and have been ravished by injuries.

They are stuck in mud because there bullpen has been overused by Collins (because the starting pitching has sucked) and now they are blowing huge leads and giving up home runs left and right.

I am excited for when Rosario does get the call but for the mets fortunes this year i'm more concerned about how Lugo and Matz rehab because unless there pitching turns it around it won't matter what Rosario does when he comes up. You don't make the playoffs by having the worst era in the league.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 37,382
And1: 10,250
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1145 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 16, 2017 4:11 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:BOTH!!!!!!

that's what me and a yankee fan mecca are trying to tell you, it just so happens that rosario's range improves the defense which might make the terrible pitching into bad pitching.


Oh joy!

honestly what are you trying to prove?

i'm willing to bet when rosario gets promoted you're going to hope he struggles just to say "i told you so"


No, of course not. :noway: I was referring to "might make terrible pitching into bad pitching."
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 38,601
And1: 3,952
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: los angeles

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1146 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Mecca wrote:You were clearly debating that Rosario won't help the team mp...

all 3 of them have that line of thinking and it just puzzles me, i bet when he gets called up they're going to root for him to fail.

i'm gonna even take a step further and say trade duda/flores for relief pitching and call up dom smith as well. duda isn't being re-signed, dom is clearly the future 1b.

ss - rosario
cf - conforto
lf - cespedes
rf - bruce
3b - walker(tell him to play or else he collects splinters)
1b - smith
2b - rivera
c - rivera
WANTED
Image
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 38,601
And1: 3,952
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: los angeles

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1147 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 5:05 pm

mpharris36 wrote:Yet the reason the mets are stuck in mud is because they have the worst pitching in baseball. They are stuck in mud because they basically haven't had there 3 most important players all year and have been ravished by injuries.

They are stuck in mud because there bullpen has been overused by Collins (because the starting pitching has sucked) and now they are blowing huge leads and giving up home runs left and right.

I am excited for when Rosario does get the call but for the mets fortunes this year i'm more concerned about how Lugo and Matz rehab because unless there pitching turns it around it won't matter what Rosario does when he comes up. You don't make the playoffs by having the worst era in the league.

terrible pitching + terrible infield defense = terrible baseball

the mets can improve one of those right now today.
WANTED
Image
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,139
And1: 14,009
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1148 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Mecca wrote:You were clearly debating that Rosario won't help the team mp...

all 3 of them have that line of thinking and it just puzzles me, i bet when he gets called up they're going to root for him to fail.

i'm gonna even take a step further and say trade duda/flores for relief pitching and call up dom smith as well. duda isn't being re-signed, dom is clearly the future 1b.

ss - rosario
cf - conforto
lf - cespedes
rf - bruce
3b - walker(tell him to play or else he collects splinters)
1b - smith
2b - rivera
c - rivera


the fact you believe this really shows you how clueless you are about this...
levendis
Senior
Posts: 718
And1: 351
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1149 » by levendis » Tue May 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Honestly not sure if people brought this up yet. But there's a descent chance they're not calling him up simply because they're not sure they'll be able to win this year with all their pitching injuries (I'd be surprised if Noah returns this season), and lack of effectiveness of guys like Harvey and Gsellman. Why burn a year of service time if it's a lost season.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 38,601
And1: 3,952
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: los angeles

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1150 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Mecca wrote:You were clearly debating that Rosario won't help the team mp...

all 3 of them have that line of thinking and it just puzzles me, i bet when he gets called up they're going to root for him to fail.

i'm gonna even take a step further and say trade duda/flores for relief pitching and call up dom smith as well. duda isn't being re-signed, dom is clearly the future 1b.

ss - rosario
cf - conforto
lf - cespedes
rf - bruce
3b - walker(tell him to play or else he collects splinters)
1b - smith
2b - rivera
c - rivera


the fact you believe this really shows you how clueless you are about this...

clueless is thinking mets won't call up rosario because he doesn't pitch
clueless is thinking mets won't call up rosario because cabrera has 5 more months until his contract is expired
clueless is thinking rosario will be promoted in august/september and not real soon
clueless is a show in the 90's, and also a movie.
WANTED
Image
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,139
And1: 14,009
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1151 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm

clueless is not just listening to the GM and assistant GM (who spoke yesterday about this exact same subject) saying that rosario needs more time but think he is coming up tomorrow.

They aren't even going to consider bringing him up at least until the super 2 date has past...end of discussion.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 38,601
And1: 3,952
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: los angeles

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1152 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 5:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:clueless is not just listening to the GM and assistant GM (who spoke yesterday about this exact same subject) saying that rosario needs more time but think he is coming up tomorrow.

They aren't even going to consider bringing him up at least until the super 2 date has past...end of discussion.

if you keep believing that, maybe it's true.

also the assistant gm said cabrera is just fine. no torn ligament.
WANTED
Image
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,139
And1: 14,009
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1153 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:23 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:clueless is not just listening to the GM and assistant GM (who spoke yesterday about this exact same subject) saying that rosario needs more time but think he is coming up tomorrow.

They aren't even going to consider bringing him up at least until the super 2 date has past...end of discussion.

if you keep believing that, maybe it's true.

also the assistant gm said cabrera is just fine. no torn ligament.


what?????

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


im not making stuff up. I can't wait for rosario to come up I just don't think he is a top priority at the moment. Because the pitching has been so atrocious. And they have had a history to give vets all the opportunities to get things turned around.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 38,601
And1: 3,952
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: los angeles

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1154 » by blueNorange » Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 am

2 more hits, including this triple, from someone that's not ready and wouldn't improve the mets.

Read on Twitter
WANTED
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 37,382
And1: 10,250
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1155 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am

levendis wrote:Honestly not sure if people brought this up yet. But there's a descent chance they're not calling him up simply because they're not sure they'll be able to win this year with all their pitching injuries (I'd be surprised if Noah returns this season), and lack of effectiveness of guys like Harvey and Gsellman. Why burn a year of service time if it's a lost season.


Yes, it has. Unfortunately, there are some people are here who shall go nameless (bNo), who refuse to accept this sound reasoning because in that nameless poster's (bNo's) opinion, Rosario's range at SS will turn our horrible pitching into bad pitching.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 37,382
And1: 10,250
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1156 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am

blueNorange wrote:2 more hits, including this triple, from someone that's not ready and wouldn't improve the mets.

Read on Twitter


I think that right about now, there's a greater chance that we'd ruin him.

Btw, looks like an OF for the opposing team turned a single into a triple. The RF looked like he was playing the foul line. :lol: The last time I saw a gap like that, it was in NYK_Fatboy's used f*ck-me doll.
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Analyst
Posts: 3,320
And1: 1,380
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1157 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Lol montero is a piece of trash, should've package him and plawexki in a trade before they got exposed
ClydeRules
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,804
And1: 529
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1158 » by ClydeRules » Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 am

It's official after another loss. WE SUCK!
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 37,382
And1: 10,250
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1159 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am

ClydeRules wrote:It's official after another loss. WE SUCK!


There's a lot of thing to be disappointed over this season for sure. But Harvey has taken a steep fall and hit the ground hard. As I understand it, not too many players come back from this type of injury/surgery. The "good news" is that this is from a small sample size. Not too many players have had this surgery. The upshot is that we just don't know whether this is a recover year for Harvey or whether he career is over for all intents and purposes. Then again, maybe this is all just a matter of mechanics. I did see him dial it up to 97 in spring training and in one of the games last month. And his mechanics do look awful as does his command. So, we'll have to hold our breath on him. (I guess we should all be concerned that he might commit suicide soon too. Talk about a fall from grace. From being a $200M free agent to a one-year $10M free agent ... and then his girlfriend breaks up with him. Whew, that's rough.)

Hopefully, Syndergaard will be fully healed and a lot smarter about taking care of his body and listening to medical experts. I'd also like to see his pitching motion to be a little smoother. It looks a little violent to me. He can afford to take a little more off his pitches and stop trying to strike everybody out. Greg Maddox only became great when he decided to take a little off his fastball in favor of more movement and greater control. I just don't want to see Thor blow his arm out.

Soon, we will be getting Cespedes as well as Lugo and hopefully Matz. It's too bad that Montero still hasn't stepped up and continues to pitch scared. He's useless but Sandy continues to hold on to him.

Maybe Atlanta would be willing to trade us Bartolo (and Kelly Johnson, of course, lol) for some minor leaguer since the Braves aren't going anywhere and Bart hasn't even pitched that well for them.

Gsellman better get his act together soon.

I've seen enough of up and down Robles. Either he's God up there on the mound or he's throwing batting practice. Salas is on my last nerves too. We really need some bullpen help. What's Jenry Mejia doing these days? :lol:
ClydeRules
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,804
And1: 529
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1160 » by ClydeRules » Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Where is Smoker? I liked him last year and he pitched great to start the season. Is he still toiling in Vegas?

Return to New York Knicks